If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My piano arrived, BUT...

edited 2011-02-08 13:22:24 in Meatspace
OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
This requires some backstory. Since I started grade school, I played piano. I apparently got really good, too. One of my teachers said I could go to college on a piano scholarship. But when I started high school, I joined my school choir, and between that and having to switch teachers for the fourth year in a row, I wound up quitting. I've been meaning to start again for four and a half years.

So a few weeks ago, I decided that since I didn't have access to my piano at home, since it's in another state, I should order a keyboard for my dorm room. Not nearly as good, but it'll fit in the room and let me start before summer, so I'm fine with it.

It arrived today, but I have a class in a few minutes, and there's a test tomorrow that I need to study for, so I can't actually play it now. I think my schedule is actively trying to annoy me.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh goodness, you scared me there.  I thought you were going to say that it was in pieces or something.
  • I thought this was going to be a very very messed up story for some reason.

Kind of like:

So a few weeks ago, I decided that since I didn't have access to my
    piano at home, since it's in another state, I should order a keyboard
    for my dorm room. Not nearly as good, but it'll fit in the room and let
    me start before summer, so I'm fine with it.

It arrived today,
    but when I got the box, it smelled horrible. I was wondering "why would a keyboard smell like this?" and I opened the box. It's touch was filled with grime and sogginess, really gross, like a pound of rotten food was sitting on the box for a long time. I opened up the box and found a keyboard. It didn't look THAT bad, but it looked kind of ugly looking.

I then pulled it out of the box, and immediately dropped it.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Hah, not that bad.

It merely bugged me.
  • Or perhaps something like

I needed some extra income to pay for my chronic heroine abuse and it's been so long since I've eaten that I no longer have the energy to mug people in the street.  I thought back an remembered that I used to know how to play piano as a kid, and I might be able to make some extra money if I gave out lessons.  I remembered that my parents got me a piano for my 11th birthday, but I left it at their house because I couldn't afford a mover to bring it to my apartment.  We seem to be running into a theme here.

I wrote my dad a letter asking him to have it sent to me, to which he obliged, but when the piano reached my house I found my mother's week-old corpse inside of it.  Oh, DAD!
    What the hell?

I don't abuse heroines. What would I do that for?
  • Because you're tired of having them break into your secret lair and messing stuff up?  I always hate it when that happens.
  • Heroine abuse sounds strangely appealing, actually. In a "consensual BDSM" sorta way.
  • edited 2011-02-08 15:39:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Oh. Well, I suppose I'd be okay with abusing a heroine if she wanted me to, though I'd really be more of a sub...
  • If you get really lucky, heroin abuse will give you like a million smiley faces.  However, there's a 5-in-6 chance you'll get addicted and probably die.  (Props for anyone who can figure out what I'm referring to.)
  • a little muffled
    I expected this to be "My piano arrived, BUT the delivery guys accidentally dropped it out the window on a passing cartoon character."
    No, that was my last piano.
  • Lets Play INUH: The game.
    INUH: The Game? How have I not heard of this?
  • Because you aren't prompting/programming the next message.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    xkcd invocation!
  • We've all ha games made about us INUH, they just don't all exist yet.  For the record, it is a bad idea to play Randomtropeloser the game.  Don't ask me why.
    I'm still kind of curious what INUH: The Game would involve.
  • Stage one: You want to log into TvTropes.  You must sit down at the computer and log in OH CRAP ZOMBIES!
    On the computer, or IRL?
  • Tnophelia: The Game would probably be a Survival Horror game with a lot of Sociopathic Comedy.
    Horror+comedy? Now I'm curious how that would work.
  • It's been done before.  Ever see Shaun of the dead?  -punches zombie- 
  • Not much Gore, but plenty of Uncanny Valley, Cat Scares Body Horror and Eldritch Horror.

Human bodies to not work this way, yet they do.

People Chairs. People Tables. People Houses.

For more information, please apply the imagery of a Gingerbread Man living in a Gingerbread City into a human perspective.
  • Alright, I need to reserve a copy of Tnophelia: the game.
  • edited 2011-02-08 22:54:11
    ^^^ While we're at it, Dead Alive was also a good zombie-themed comedy movie.

Neither of them are really horror movies though...

^ Agreed.
    ^^Also agreed.
  • Hmm.  This is really starting to interest me now.

In Random: the game you get to choose from any number of adorable protagonists, one of whom might even be a Moe version of yourself!  (Bonus game: trying to figure out whether your face is a girl's or a guy's).  It takes place in a post-cyberpunk universe where the air is made of drugs, which cause the entire world to look like a saccharine meadow where Billy Joel's greatest hits play on an infinite loop.  In reality, it is a hell on earth.

Good idea so far y/n?
  • Define Hell, so we know what kind of hell it is.

There are millions and millions of different hells, you know, not just one, or 9.
  • I wanted to leave it open ended, but okay.  How about this: the world has become so bureaucratic that the entire world is basically just an extended DMV, and the only way to escape it is by being high all the time.  Everyone's body would be in terrible shape though, from all the constant beating they would receive for being high.
  • Wow, thats grisly.