If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The reviews for this watch.

13»

Comments

• Didn't you read the whole thread above you?
    Bear with me, wouldn't you have done the same if you knew how it would end?

Besides, internet, hyperbole, etc.
  • edited 2011-06-17 00:06:47

If I were rich enough, I'd have a solid-gold replica of the Mandelbox fractal made:

It'd be the size of a Rubick's cube and I'd keep it adorned in my study, behind nine layers of shatterproof glass.

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    If I was rich enough I would start an animation business.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    If I was rich enough, I'd buy a German castle and establish a sword school.

(If I was also good enough with a sword.)
  • Juan: I have sense. I'd make sure the necesseties are down before going crazy with the money.
    But then again, what's the point of the watch (or most things) to someone like you if they're not generating more wealth?

In big business, money is mostly just good for making more of it.

Buying something pointlessly expensive like this when you aren't, say, a watch enthusiast, is pretty dumb no matter how you slice it. If you gave a shit about money rather than, say, the associations it had with power and status, you'd probably already consider its potential for self-replication.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Making the richguy watches takes around less than 400 dollars. It's advertising them and telling people how much they are worth where the money comes in.

In general, Victoria's Secret lingerie is made in the same manner as Native Intimates and La Sanza, the only reason VS is worth more is because they have better advertising and tell people they are worth more money, and anything with said VS tag is worth more money than most products without. And the fact that people DO buy it at that price rather than going with a cheaper brand.

• You can change. You can.
    Juan: I have sense. I'd make sure the necesseties are down before going crazy with the money.

Yeah, see, spending enough money to at least survive in a low-key fashion for five years in a watch is pretty much the definition of going crazy with the money. Besides, you need to be preventive with your own money. If you can afford such a thing and have nice living conditions now and the resources to keep it up, then buy the watch. Why not?

But if you don't, all that watch will do is be detrimental to your economical status.

(Also, the fact that English doesn't have a proper translation for the expression "Condiciones de vida" is utterly dumb)
  • "(Also, the fact that English doesn't have a proper translation for the expression "Condiciones de vida" is utterly dumb)"

What would be the closest possible translation, and the literal meaning of it?

• edited 2011-06-17 01:15:53
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Just going off of etymological recognition, it sounds like either "living conditions" or "necessities of living."
  • You can change. You can.
    Oh, living conditions is valid? Huh...

You learn something every day.
  • I'm pretty sure.
    French is the same way, in that modifying a noun needs "[Adjective] de [Noun]". Or something similar. And it and Spanish are both Italic/Romance languages.
  • edited 2011-06-17 09:40:06
    -SIGH-

Chagen, people don't CHOOSE to be poor, they don't just sit down and say "Fuck all this money, I want to live in dirt and be miserable". And it's not as black and white as "Pay in school = get rich". My mum has a degree in...something (I really wish I could remember what it is) but she's a secretary. Why is she just a secretary? Cause that's how shit rolls. There are HUNDREDS of factors that determine if a person'll become rich.

And do you know people make the real big bucks (outside of winning or inheriting it)? By exploiting others (see the scenario below), so how does that make them better people?

And money doesn't make the world go round, Chagen, money only has the value that we apply to it. Man kind existed long before money (and long before bartering) and we'll continue to exist just fine if money is ever gotten rid of.

Scenario

This is Joe, Joe is a plumber. Joe has a friend named Barry. Barry is also a plumber. Joe and Barry take out a loan and buy a van and get it branded with their own company logo. They set up a plumbing company.

They worked out that they could make around £100 a job. So they each keep £30 and the rest goes into the general running of the business.

Eventually, Joe and Barry realise they aren't paying off their loan fast enough, missing out on payments and such. So they hire Kieth, thus increasing their workforce by 50%. However, Kieth only gets £10 from each job he does, Joe and Barry get the spare £90. Eventually, they hire Sally, Aaron and Bruce. They also only get £10 for each job they complete. Even though they have done the same amount of work as Joe and Barry, they all make less money. They are being cheated out their labour. Why is this okay?
  • ...huh.

This thread is a thing.
  • @ OP

Faced it, bro, if you honestly planned to get rich, you wouldn't waste so much time on junk media and fora instead of developing social skills/doing your best in class/filling up your resumé, all vital stuff if you want to get rich in the most reliable and straightforward manner. All the wealth you currently have is mooched of your parents, and you'll settle for a lot less if you actually ever had to work for it.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-06-17 09:57:47
    I am related to people who are not super rich, but are rich enough to have their kids assume going to Paris for vacation is normal.

They are...well, lets put it this way, when the dad (my cousin, once removed) was let go --he works at the stock market, I think-- he kept going to work anyway, no pay, until new management noticed him and rehired him
    ^^ Ice burn.

When you grow up, you have to do shit yourself. Skills and qualities are important.
  • "^^^No you fucking wannabe hippie, all I need are those goddamn shoes. They would've went perfect with that diamond studded dress, which I don't have because, "Oh, Elise, you should be saving your money for college or something productive, not wasting it on clothing!" IT'S NOT FUCKING WASTING IT, I NEED TO LOOK GOOD AND DIAMONDS ARE THE ONLY WAY FOR THAT TO HAPPEN YOU CHEAP WHORE, GO DIE IN A FIRE I HATE YOU SO MUUUUCH"

So your real name is Elise?
  • Goddammit I misread the price as $8,699,999 again.

More importantly though, that watch doesn't even look cool. My LEGO watch is way more awesome than that.
  • They're somethin' else.
  • "More anti-rich bias from working class people pissed because they didn't pay attention in school."

Why did you instantly see a political message in that?

Also, interesting fact: Alberta has almost entirely Conservative Party representatives except for one area. That area happens to be where the University of Alberta is situated in, and its representative is for the New Democratic Party, our national labour party.

• $80+ per session
    I didn't pay attention in school. (General education anyway) Have I lost all chances to get rich D:
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    First, I was like ಠ_ಠ.
    But then, I thought "Whatever, Chagen's gonna chag".
  • ^^Another interesting fact, Ralph Klein was a long-running premier of Alberta. He never finished high school and got an F on a paper when he was tested.