If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Today, I saw the most beautiful girl I had ever seen

13»

Comments

• I dunno, I like using word names for things.
  • Glaives are better.
    What thread?
  • ""Cipangu" is/was the Spanish name for Japan. It's were the word "Japan" comes from."

fuck spanish

That is an old name that was taken from the Wu(I think) Chinese word for that country by...someone I forgot who and is very outdated as far as the English language is concerned, and I don't know shit about how espanol does things so i'm not sure if they just slap -ese onto everything, but using that word to refer to a Japanese person now is almost as bad as trolling a Japanese nationalist by saying he's North Korean.
  • Glaives are better.
    Here's a thought: why don't we call it "Japan?" You know, like you're supposed to in English?

And don't get me started on those assholes who insist on spelling "Korea" as "Corea."
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Chick Korea!
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    ^ NO
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere
    ^^ YES.
  • Abyss before you go off on love at first sight you should know what happened to a pair of young lovers in italy.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere
    *lyre strum of drama*
  • ^^ I hope to GOD you don't mean Romeo and Juliet? Cause if you do, you have totally missed the point of that play. They were stupid, horny kids whose blind lust for one another got them BOTH killed.

As for the whole Nippon thing...I actually agree, we SHOULD call it Nippon, just as we should call Spain, Espana or how the French should call Scotland, Scotland instead of L'Ecosse.

I mean, who are we to go a country and say "Yeah, this is Japan" "But...we call it Nippon" "Fuck you, it's Japan now!"
  • Names are different between languages. Countries are no exception.
  • edited 2011-05-22 10:45:01
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    LOL, IAPONICA
  • ^^ They shouldn't be though. Surely the name for something should be the name it's creator/founder/whatever gave it?
    Well, in that case you should be talking about Rossiya and Zhongguo.
  • edited 2011-05-22 12:55:01
    I think the correct term would be "nipponese" anyway.

Both are (in)correct, but "nipponese" has more patriotic/nationalistic connotations, fitting for that.

^^^^ We don't need more incomprehensible names.
    Also, what about Angleland and Italia?
  • Actually no I didn't miss the point the point of me mentioning them was a warning.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-23 01:14:18

"Well, in that case you should be talking about Rossiya and Zhongguo."

No, we shouldn't be talking about Zhongguo. We should be talking about 中国.