If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Fighting game logic

Comments

• edited 2011-05-12 21:35:25
    Has friends besides tanks now
    32. Blowing raspberries and shaking your ass at your enemy is all fun and games until they get back up and knock your lights out because you dropped your stance.
  • edited 2011-05-12 21:42:37
    They're somethin' else.
    33. Take my advice bro. If you don't want to get hit by that hugh jazz fireball, you better stay the fuck down-- WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY?!
  • edited 2011-05-12 21:45:13
    34. Are you sure you aren't looking for the concert over there, little girl? Eh. I ain't paid to question. Enjoy the tournament.
  • edited 2011-05-12 21:48:14
    They're somethin' else.
    35. if you want to be an excellent fighter, twitch uncontrollably, float around and have little to no rhythm and flow to your punches.

Why yes, I do hate Melee, why do you ask?
  • edited 2011-05-12 21:53:32
    Oh God, Super Smash Bros.

36. Goddamn it, put that laser blaster down! Where did you get that, anyway? It couldn't have just fallen from the sky . . .

37. YOU SUMMONED A TANK/LASER BEAM/[x powerful entity]?! HOW IS THAT FAIR?! HOW IS THIS EVEN A FIGHT?!
  • edited 2011-05-12 21:54:02
    They're somethin' else.
    38. oh, whoops, you stumbled. Nooo, no, that's not mapped to a particular button my friend. Now, taste my charge shot, you poor fuck.
  • "If you concentrate hard enough on your punch before throwing it, you, too, can send full-grown adults flying thirty feet away from you."

Considering the kind of person a fighting game character tends to be, I don't think this is actually very illogical.
  • edited 2011-05-12 22:06:02
    39. WHOO, VICTORY! -looks down- Wha? Oh, wait, that's right. It's not like you need time to regain consciousness or anything.
  • edited 2011-05-12 22:07:00
    They're somethin' else.
    40. Double KO? Seriously? That was his forearm, for craps sake!
  • edited 2011-05-12 22:10:14
    41. RAAAAAH- Shit, it's been sixty seconds. Time's up.

Oh well. Next round will decide it, bro.
  • edited 2011-05-12 22:11:56
    They're somethin' else.
    42. That giant 10 hit fireball would have been overkill if it got him at the same time he got you. Too bad.
  • 43. Ready to annihilate the enemy with your SUPER AWESOME WAVE MOTION SWORD that took you 2 out of three rounds to charge up? Too bad, the enemy slapped your face before you could activate it, and now all the power is gone.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    25a. Furthermore, there will always be some sick bastards on standby, filming your fight from every angle so as to get high-larious replay footage.
  • edited 2011-05-12 22:22:08
    They're somethin' else.
    44. Ok, dude, you just gave me like 5 straight punches one after another. I think by now, we should have hit a wall. Or a spectator. NOTE: REALLY ONLY APPLIES TO TEKKEN 1 THRU 3 AND TAG
  • 45. Ultimate attacks are activated by attacking in very specific ways.
  • They're somethin' else.
    46. Did my taunt seriously just knock you the fuck out? What kind of weakling are you?

Wow, i watch a lot of Homo-genius.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    47. So, I'm fighting a bear . . .

WELL, WHATCHA WAITING FOR? COME AT ME, BRO!
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    48. You can be a lord of the dragons, a frenzied demon, an oni, a legendary zombie fighter and even a flying engine of destruction, but even you play by the rules and admit defeat after losing 2 rounds.
  • edited 2011-05-12 22:34:32
    47a. So, I'm fighting an ancient, unleashed force of nature hellbent on killing everything I love?

GOOD THING I KNOW MUAY THAI!
  • edited 2011-05-12 22:39:07
    They're somethin' else.
    48a. THE FATE OF THE WORLD HINGES ON THIS FIGHT!
    Ring out?! fuck you, I'm a dragon!
    TIME OUT?! Im not under contract! Am I? ... fuck.

49. the flag waving referee never gets in the way of the fight. Yes, that demonic priest just blew up the arena, and our referee is ballsy enough to see the match through. He's a professional. trust us.

50. Alice may have been mutilated horribly by Bob sometime in the last game, but she's alive and kicking in the next. No, that fight never happened. Or that one. Or that one.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    50. No matter how long it took to defeat the nigh undefeatable boss that steam rolled you a thousand times, they will never be as strong as they were when they join your team.
  • 52. You're at your most defensive position while getting up. Or in some games, lying down on the floor.
  • Attacking someone prone would require leaning foward to hit them, increasing your chances of stumbling and falling. It actually kinda makes sense.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    53.Whilst you can pull of insane combos and cancel out of any bodily lag during the combos, if you fail to grab someone you will spend time standing there looking stupid.
  • Someday, I want someone to make a real "fighting game", that shows off fighting as it would actually go down in real life, breaking all of the conventions you guys are bringing up.
  • But then...how would you get to see?

Unless you get like...multiple screens from cameras in an audience for a tournament...
    54. Everything will screech to a halt (even your opponent) to allow you to take up your stance for your ultimate attack.
  • edited 2011-12-23 00:32:21
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    55. Mortal Kombat still exists.
    56. Only in a fighting tournament will you ever see a buddist shaman fight a jailbait biker.

Or a bear.
  • No rainbow star
    57) Oh yeah, sure. Calling upon emeralds that have enough energy to nuke a city to make you invincible and harmful to even touch is PERFECTLY fair. Jackass

58) Oh hey, I'm invisible! Cool! ...Too bad I don't know where I am...