If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That the current set of rules are not well-defined enough.

1235»

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I've been writing up a new set of rules based partly on our current set and Cygan's suggestions.  I'll roll them out when ready.
  • edited 2011-04-29 14:59:48
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    • The reason why I advocate this is because even though I love you guys, no one is infallible. Anyone can go mad with power and cackle madly as they ban people left and right. Having that well-defined rule limiting the powers of one mod, in my mind, is a good thing, because it can only be invoked in cases when people actually think that the banned person was good for the forum, and the mod was acting alone. If we go by the "Don't be a dick" rule and nothing else... well, I was banned from TV Tropes for saying that I had moral problems with bestiality and Nazism, so if the rules for bannination are toosubjective it's only a matter of time before a burned-out mod decides to ban Chagen or Rottweiler because he doesn't like Chagen's RPG or Rottweiler's hat (which is awesome)."

The site I linked to said that a mod could not act without the approval of the other mods.
      Would that be appropriate?