If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Objectivism

Comments

• edited 2011-04-24 22:05:04
    Pony Sleuth
    Didn't you remember my suggestion to lurk moar, Chagen?

Also, some of those things have been true for Christianity. A number still are in some cases.
  • edited 2011-04-24 22:15:00
    Khwarizmi is stuck in the 9th century.
  • edited 2011-04-24 22:16:12
    As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    Oh Chagen...
  • Christianity doesn't stone a married woman to death for being raped under the charge of adultery.

Ergo, it is better than Islam by default.
  • This is why no one wants to debate you.

BECAUSE ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE AIR-TIGHT! GOOD WORK!
  • Fun fact: Islam was actually more progressive than Christianity centuries ago.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
  • Fun fact: Sultan Mohammed ben Abdallah of Morocco was the first ruler to recognize the United States's independence in 1777.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > How is it conredictory. The government is overstepping it's boundries is a pretty sound solid consistant ideology.

However, this is not a useful ideology if you actually want to govern.

If you actually want to govern, you actually have to start thinking about what you want the government to do, as opposed to simply complaining that it's overstepping its boundaries.

> Christianity is the only religion that makes any amount of sense (although perhaps Islam is the only other one with even a little logic to it) - there really isn't any mysticism involved (unless you ask certain circles or sects that are... weird) and it's the only one that's validated by history.

Not sure what you mean by mysticism, or how that is necessarily a bad thing, or how it's been validated by history.  Note that just because people of one religion are conquering people of another religion doesn't mean that either religion is superior; it just means that the first group had better economy and military.

Also, this thread is a trainwreck.  I need to actually read more threads more often, as an admin...
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.

• "let him
    die the death"

Oh Bible, you so silly.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    The fuck was the trollface for?
  • edited 2011-04-24 22:53:29
    Cue-bey
    Part of the Bible telling people to kill other people for minor offences directed at Chagen's dismissal of Islam as barbaric compared to Christianity.
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    I know someone else said this, but really:

The best religion is Taoism.  No barbarianism, no mindlessly following some invisible guy, just lots of deep, mind-expanding thought.

If we were all Taoists we'd have fucking evolved into higher lifeforms already.
  • Can't you have that without Taoism?
    You can, but why reinvent the wheel?
  • Hey guys, just a general reminder: religion is absolutely a fine topic to talk about, but people can get heated up over it. Let's remain calm and civil with each other, OK?
    But what if your religion revolves entirely around the Lunar games? (Which would be quite ironic, come to think of it)
  • «If we were all Taoists we'd have fucking evolved into higher lifeforms already.»

BECAUSE THAT'S TOTALLY HOW EVOLUTION WORKS!
  • I just gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he was using the more informal definition of evolution.

Y'know, like the one they use with Pokemon.
    "Evolution" can also mean becoming better than you were before.  It doesn't have to be, you know, Darwin evolution.

Damn nerds thinking words only have one meaning.
  • edited 2011-04-25 03:06:28
    Pony Sleuth
    "Damn nerds" is pretty rich coming from the guy who writes bits of self-insert fan fiction, even if you probably didn't mean it seriously.

While I'm at it, Chagen bitches quite a bit about "nerd culture" for someone who's so immersed in it.
  • Only nerds complain about «nerd culture».

Also, the phrase «evolved into higher lifeforms» usually implies something related to Darwinian evolution.
  • Maybe using "ascend" might get rid of some those other troublesome denotations?
  • edited 2011-04-25 05:42:07
    no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    In retrospect, Gelzo's right. "Ascend to a higher plane of existence" would've worked better.

And I apologize for the "damn nerds" thing. I'm out of painkillers and that makes me a little touchy.
  • Well fuck, now I'm feeling more agreeable.

Eh... don't worry about it. No one uses exacting language all the time.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 22:02:06

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost]

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Hey! That is totally offensive! You take it back!
  • $80+ per session
    Bwahaha.