If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Objectivism

Comments

• edited 2011-04-24 19:17:37
    Pony Sleuth
    The best part is that that phrase was used in the actual show.

Before that the fans were saying "flankhurt". I think they still are.

Oh, here's another pony laughing gif. http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4612/dragonlaugh.gif

• I like turtles.
    Christianity is the only religion that makes any amount of sense (although perhaps Islam is the only other one with even a little logic to it) - there really isn't any mysticism involved (unless you ask certain circles or sects that are... weird) and it's the only one that's validated by history.

Of course, the beliefs I hold on the matter are never going to be proven empirically, which is rather the point - that is, complete dependence on and faith in God, rather than on and in our own ability to reason.

Regarding the "'forced altruism' is self-contradictory," all I meant is that altruism isn't really altruism if it's forced, since by definition it's concern for others.  If it's forced, the driving force behind a good deed is probably concern for self.
  • edited 2011-04-24 21:06:35
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    there really isn't any mysticism involved

NO.

it's the only one that's validated by history.

My brain just collapsed. 
  • What history validates Christianity? Some events described in the bible have been contradicted by research.
  • Only one validated by history? Horseshit, on multiple levels.
  • DonZabu: Very interesting choice of words consideirng recent activity here.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Not to mention the fact that we have far more historical information on Muhammad than Jesus. 
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Christianity is the only religion that makes any amount of sense"

Does this mean it's time for another shitstorm?
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    As if Objectivism wasn't a touchy subject already. 
  • "What history validates Christianity? Some events described in the bible have been contradicted by research."

What the fuck does "allegory" fucking mean to you people?!

God, this is why I hate nontheists. The Critical Research Failures on their part are ridiculous.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    The only religion that makes perfect logical sense is Taoism, everyone knows that.

The most mysticism-free one is Gnosticism, and the most historically accurate one is Scientology.
  • Chagen, lurk moar.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 22:15:29

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost]

• " and the most historically accurate one is Scientology."

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT
  • If I had to guess, I'd say it was a joke.
    Khwarizmi? Joking?

Naaaah. 
  • edited 2011-04-24 21:23:18
    Cue-bey
    >The most mysticism-free one is Gnosticism, and the most historically accurate one is Scientology.
    >The most mysticism-free one is Gnosticism,
    >mysticism-free one is Gnosticism
    >mysticism-free Gnosticism

I have no face and I must reaction

• Hitler was a Jehova's Witness.
    G-G-G-GODWIN
  • Looks like some epic trolling occurred here. Kwarizmi, have my babies. (They're delicious.)
  • ^^ For the record, I got the joke the moment I read "Gnosticism = not mystical".
  • I would have thought Khwarizmi would have a superlative reserved for Islam.
  • ^^^Yeah, I don't really know anything about taoism.
  • Call it Paleojedi.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    ^^^ I see what you did there.

I could have talked about how wonderfully tolerant, non-violent and forward-thinking Islam is, but I didn't want to steal Christianity's thunder.
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
  • "I could have talked about how wonderfully tolerant, non-violent and forward-thinking Islam is, but I didn't want to steal Christianity's thunder."

lolTaliban

lolJihad

loloppressionofwomen/sexism/misogyny

lol"convert or we'll kill you"

lolbarbaric punishments for minor things

lol oppression of science and free-thinking

Because a "religion" that says that a married women is to be stoned for adultry if she is raped is non-violent and tolerant, of course 

Bullshit it is.