If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Introduce Yourself

Comments

• edited 2015-02-02 20:33:27
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    What sort of psychology do you usually do? (edit:ah yes. Welcome. Sorry.)
  • Maybe On Earth. Maybe In the Future.
    Welcome! What sorts of vidya do you generally play?

I'm gonna probably get shit on for saying this, but I play tons of shooters. Mind you, it's generally sci-fi shooters, but still. Stealth-Action is another one of my favorite genres, as is character-action games.

lrdgck wrote: »

Well, I'm not doing any right now cause I'm unemployed at the moment, but I primarily focused my studies in college in regards to topics that were related to mental health care, mostly out of a desire to go into that field. I was also quite a fan of forensic/criminal psychology as well, and did my capstone on that.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Welcome! What sorts of vidya do you generally play?

I'm gonna probably get shit on for saying this, but I play tons of shooters. Mind you, it's generally sci-fi shooters, but still. Stealth-Action is another one of my favorite genres, as is character-action games.

Well, I'm not doing any right now cause I'm unemployed at the moment, but I primarily focused my studies in college in regards to topics that were related to mental health care, mostly out of a desire to go into that field. I was also quite a fan of forensic/criminal psychology as well, and did my capstone on that.

Don't worry; I don't have any more right to rag on your tastes than you do mine. And heck, as much as I might mock military shooters, I discovered what seems to be a decent one the other day (Sniper Elite V2), and I prefer giving things the benefit of the doubt.

And as for the other thing, I think you probably have more legs to stand on as far as arguing about social psych and ridiculous diagnoses goes on the internet -- quite a popular sport amongst amateurs.
    And as for the other thing, I think you probably have more legs to stand on as far as arguing about social psych and ridiculous diagnoses goes on the internet -- quite a popular sport amongst amateurs.

Ha, while I might have a leg on people in that, I'm always quite worried about messing up and spreading misinformation about it. The field already has enough problems with that and I'm not gonna go add any more to the mix.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Should be fun to have a psychologist on board. I mean, we didn't have one did we?

Should be fun to have a psychologist on board. I mean, we didn't have one did we?

I'll make sure to try and live up to your expectations then!

And then probably disappoint. Because where's the fun in sucsuss?
  • edited 2015-02-02 22:22:12
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

You can't have success without the suck.

You know, that makes me think... Success. Suck-cess. It's kind of like "suck" + "excess", don't you think? It sucks for as long as until you get a result you are fine with.

/vorpy

• lrdgck wrote: »

I remember one poster who had a psychology degree, but wasn't a practising psychologist, at least.
    I'd like to clarify that I'm not a practicing psychologist at the very least! I don't have a doctorate (yet).
  • I do know Alex studied psychology.
    And I'd like to know what's that mysterious forum that GMH/Naas/14w/Jaooooo are in.
    Also, welcome!
    I do know Alex studied psychology.
    And I'd like to know what's that mysterious forum that GMH/Naas/14w/Jaooooo are in.
    Also, welcome!

Eh, it's not that mysterious. It's most a forum dedicated to extremely popular kid's franchise that happens to have a very active off-topic sub forum that most of us browse. Not really anything impressive to be honest.

Also, excellent taste in Touhou girls. Youmu is super great.
  • And I'd like to know what's that mysterious forum that GMH/Naas/14w/Jaooooo are in.

Suddenly I feel that none of us should answer this.
    Naas_Human wrote: »

Suddenly I feel that none of us should answer this.

Why do you think I was vauge about it?
    naas roped me into it
  • All this secrecy is only making me want to find out.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Even if we told you you'd never be able to access it. It's on the darknet* ahbviously because they also sell drugs there.

The drugs are sort-of lesbian teddy bears.

*Is this even an actual thing I do not know

*Is this even an actual thing I do not know

Yes, the Darknet is a thing.
  • edited 2015-05-20 08:07:53
    Female Chinese Australian Tolkien Freak
    So I'm new here. I'm a girl, I'm Australian, ethnically Chinese, disabled, studying English, love Tolkien, Norse myth, folklore and writing.
    Welcome!
  • edited 2015-05-19 12:45:49

So you're kind of like Alex and Miss Anne's hypothetical saner-than-either-parent love child. Greetings!

Oh, and by the way. Feel free to mention any of these topics anytime.

• Female Chinese Australian Tolkien Freak
    Thanks everyone
  • Hey guys! I'm from jersy and my family originates from texas, I also like wearing white shirts a lot thus the name
  • edited 2015-07-27 03:19:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Welcome to the site!

Given that there is already an existing user account by the name GuyInWhite, as long as you make no attempt to be, identify as, or emulate GuyInWhite, you should be okay.
  • Welcome to the site!

Given that there is already an existing user account by the name GuyInWhite, as long as you make no attempt to be, identify as, or emulate GuyInWhite, you should be okay.

oh okay, thank you. What did he do?
    He...was the first one to use that name so thus if you attempt to be him you'd be impersonating him which is a no-no, I guess.

Just saying because you have a similar username.

Not a big deal anyway, since he's been long gone.

So yeah, welcome.
  • edited 2015-07-27 08:35:15
    Hello! How did you reach this place?
  • edited 2015-07-28 02:51:50
    Since this is the only thread I've been able to open, I'll post here.
    Is anyone else having issues with the site, pages not loading, loading improperly, and overall being unusable?
    Edit: Huh, seems to be fixed now. Also, welcome!
  • hey!

i've been lurking this place for almost a year, haha. glad i finally joined!
    Welcome!