If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I Keep My Visions To Myself (aka Dreams thread)

Comments

• edited 2022-04-04 16:30:58
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Tonight my crazy mind cooked up what I can only describe a hazy vision fuelled by an odd mix of Norwegian black metal, Warhammer, Diablo, and the French Revolution. It's been a while so I don't remember all details, but I was barely an observer in it - it was more like a story-establishing intro to a movie or a video game. You know, a bunch of stills, the odd cinematic fragment, and a narration telling the story on top of them.

From what I can gather, it was about some sort of Satanic artifact kept in secret storage in some cathedral to prevent the end of the world, except the secret got out, the people got super-pissed and revolted, and turned enthusiastically militant atheist (misotheist, more like?), and then the last thing I remember is an image of sunglasses-wearing California playboy type with a big grin on his face, exiting his sports car on a old-timey city street while in the background people are herded into gas chambers by a monk in a pointy black hood. I think it was supposed to be some sort of demon holocaust, but hey, dream logic.

It's exactly the kind of stuff you'd describe as "feverish", except by the time I had that dream, my fever had actually passed a good few days prior.

----
    Finally, I found myself in an auditorium with various Ukrainian soldiers, whose language I didn't understand, but who were singing some sort of song. I've been able to reconstruct that melody to the best of my ability after waking up, and it sounded something like this:

E D C _Bb E _A . .
    E D C _Bb E _A . .
    G A G F E F E D
    C D C _Bb E _A . .

(each note can be assumed to be a quarter-note, except those followed by periods, which mean extend the previous note by another quarter note. assume all notes are within one C to B octave except for those with an underscore preceding them, which are in the next lower such octave.)

Incidentally, it would make sense if there was a website where you could put in notes and it would turn them into a tune. Sorry, I can't read musical notation, so I can't quite picture what played in your head. Perhaps it was some sort of Ukrainian patriotic song you might've heard from all the memes?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It sounds something like this. (I embellished it a little in this recording.)

https://voca.ro/1hQaVCkU2PGt

I don't recognize it as any Ukrainian song.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I halfway expected a full composition. I mean, yeah, I don't assume you have access to a full orchestra with a male choir, but still.

Sounds like it could be some sort of vaguely remembered patriotic tune from, I dunno, a movie or whatnot... but I don't recognize it either. I kinda hoped I would.
    i had three dreams but i forgot one of them already

one of them involved living in a house which was built such that the entrance diverged into two sides connected by a long, narrow, carpeted hallway which had stairs leading down to the entrance in the middle of it, and my bedroom was on one end, while there was a big window on the other end and it led to some other room.

apparently our neighbors on both sides of this house were young couples of east asian ethnicity, with children

in another dream, i was apparently a math teacher teaching algebra ii, and i'd finished one lesson only to discover that apparently the textbook introduced a bunch of extraneous stuff for trivia/levity/etc. and that was the rest of the textbook and i suddenly had to wing it for not just the rest of the class session but the rest of the semester

this eventually resulted in my lesson taking half an hour too long, and so i eventually dismissed my class at 5pm rather than the usual 4:30pm, and when i went home, apparently there was some thief dressed in a Joker costume trying to steal stuff on our front porch
  • edited 2022-06-03 07:39:32
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I visited an apartment complex, which was implied to be somewhere in Florida, and it was something like this:

It had this one large building consisting of the whole complex was about 3 stories tall, with a white stucco exterior siding (as is typical of buildings here in south Florida). it contained a large number of single-story apartments, but there were four levels of apartments -- one partly below grade, one slightly above grade, and two more floors above that. access to the individual apartments was outdoors but inside these covered walkways. (Below-grade construction is rare in Florida.)

Most notably, there weren't separate walkways to the different floors -- all apartments whose entrances faced a walkway were accessible via staircases of different lengths from that same walkway. There were stucco walls that served as guardrails for the staircases, leading up or down as needed. And some walkways/unit entrances were located beneath others, giving the appearance of bridges, which were designed to have semicircular arches atop them. Entrances and stairways were frequently set off at 45 degree angles.

The overall appearance, particularly combined with people's decorations outside their doors, was one that gave a general feeling of everyone having their own cozy little nook-and-cranny where they lived, and this felt like a covered street lined with residences at various elevations, placed a bit haphazardly but with a rather organic appearance.

This building was surrounded by a road which presumably led to residents' parking spaces. The main road connecting to this complex was to the north, and at slightly higher elevation. Turning into this complex, one would be on a road on the eastern side of the building, and there was a security gate at the southern end of this road segment but for whatever reason the covered walkways of the building itself were still accessible by foot, albeit beyond a little grass (so the security gate only really kept out vehicles, and only beyond the eastern side).

Beyond the road surrounding the building, the property was surrounded by water.

Meanwhile, the main road connecting to this complex was a busy multi-lane stroad. Standing on it and looking north one could see a highway bridge not too far in the distance, running parallel to this stroad.

After i visited this apartment complex, I walked outside with a friend (a real-life friend of mine), and we had to go to the airport, so he suggested taking a shortcut: a baggage receptacle station. basically, it's one of those things conveyor belt things for transporting baggage at an airport -- except this one was for some reason in the middle of a side road (like something leading to a strip mall), and apparently it connected all the way to the airport.

Apparently there was some risk to doing this, but he suggested just laying flat and keeping my head down.
    I dreamed that my parents had bought back the house I lived in as a kid.
    When we were cleaning out the refrigerator, for some reason there were a ton (like many bags full) of Monopoly houses and hotels in it, and on the refrigerator door were many bags of Lego pieces.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Well, I had a dream I met one of you guys. Or more like, a guy who was kinda like registering as one of you to my dreaming brain.

Now, in my dreams, the logic part of my brain is still working, so it points out parts of the dream don't make sense, but it's apparently too empirically-minded to consistently pull me out of a dream because of it not making sense.

Because you know, if the data don't make sense, it's the fault of the interpretation, not the data. Excect that within a dream, the data actually is at fault. Because it's all made up by a brain unwinding after a whole day of lucidity, geddit? So much for empiricism.

(That said, I was once pulled out of a dream when I figured it's too unreal that the girl would want to spend time with me.)

In this case, it was like, I was vaguely aware neither of you was like the character in the dream, but the rest of my brain let it slide. The actual dream was about passing time together during some moderately raunchy sort of small-town festival, nothing particularly interesting.
    I was at a sort of lackluster church carnival. I was on a carnival ride which was some very basic ride around a small ring except that we just felt "bumps" every so often. I won some prizes from that (somehow) but just left them. Also this was indoors for some reason.

Later, I accidentally texted someone whom I hadn't spoken with for years, and when they texted me back their name had apparently changed. Like, same last name as a person i knew from school, but different first name. And she talked to me about videogames for some reason.

I engaged in conversation for a while, but then i got hesitant when I needed to draw her something and the only paper I had had cartoonish large colored numbers on the back, and for some reason I didn't want to show her those numbers.
    A few days ago I had to wake up early for work. Over the night, I dreamt like three times that I'm late and one that I have to explain myself to my boss over the phone. When I woke up, overslept but thankfully not too much to be on time, I had to take a minute to process it's not yet another dream.
    I went to a convention for fans of chiptunes which was being held near me (so presumably in Florida). The main room was in a large event room with light blue walls and high ceilings, and roughly shaped like a square with a rectangle cut out of a corner (forming a wide L). It had tons of people with computers, mostly around the edges of the room, and there were tables set up in the middle and people were eating at them as well. But surprisingly, this room was relatively quiet. You weren't allowed to actually play music here for some reason. And there were even a bunch of different old upright/spinet pianos, painted various colors like red and blue, being used as tables in the middle of the room, but I figured I wasn't allowed to play them and I didn't want to try my luck.

Off to the sides of the room and also off of a dimmer hallway nearby, in smaller event spaces with similarly high ceilings, were the "panels" of fandom conventions, but these were presentations of people's chiptune works, which for some reason were highly experimental art pieces. Like, they weren't just chiptune music, but whole audience experience things, complete with dimmed lighting and audience instructions.

I also visited at least one vendor at this convention, who had their booth set up in the northeast corner of the main room, and found some...odd wares, some of which initially resembled boxes of jigsaw puzzles.

I later exited outside, and saw a covered pavilion off in the distance, which was being used by venue staff.

I went over there. It was still light outside, like late afternoon. It was basically a long covered pavilion with a big long grill at the center. People were grilling things and eating freshly grilled food at the (sitting-height) counters on the sides.

For some reason I needed to jump over the grill. Lengthwise. I almost landed on the last fire of the grill.

I walked back to the venue building. Along the way I made note of some bushes in a grassy area behind the building. I might have iNat'd them.

Then I was inside and I was at the admissions area for something (see below). It seemed dimly lit, albeit quite adequately lit even for reading, so it probably only seemed dim compared to the outside and because the light was focused on the desk. It was structured such that there was a main walking area, with the admissions desk located to the side of it, staffed by a couple people. Behind the admissions desk there were wooden shelves. The walls were also wooden but the carpet lining the walkway may have been red. Across from the desk there were some windows, beyond which were either some ecosystem exhibits or some indoor playplaces.

For some reason there was some sort of terrarium set up on the ground level of the shelving behind the desk. And I was there. I wanted to iNat some odd-looking snails I had seen in passing. The people at the desk had given me permission. And so I was crawling on all fours, trying to get in position to snap photos of snails. And some other weird creature, probably an insect of some sort. These were creatures that weren't intended to be in the terrarium so they were particularly curious finds is they might have come in from outside.

This specifically was the admissions area for a historic building named the U.S. Moment of Pleasure. This odd-sounding name was a weird historical artifact where the words did not mean what they do today, or something like that. ("Moment" at least was interpreted differently, kinda like how "moment" doesn't mean what it usually means when you say "dipole moment".) This was actually a building taking up part of the block of the street it was on. The interior of this building was a multi-story mall. Like, at least 4 to 7 stories tall. It had white tile walkways and various black accents on the walls, and when I walked into the entrance I could see I was near the top of one end of a large atrium where there were several floors visible below mine. And this whole site was located in Washington DC, which I know because I was thinking that I could get more iNat observations in the DC area.

Next door, and connected to this building and accessible through it, was something like "Disney's Japanese Forest Garden", or something like that. It was a forested garden that was Japan-themed for some reason and also owned by Disney for some reason. I didn't see much of it but I remembered noticing some partly translucent ceilings that looked yellow from the sunlight. They gave light to the interior but only obliquely, no direct sunlight.

The outsides of these buildings exhibited the kind of stonework characteristic of Washington, DC buildings, but they were set some horizontal distance back from the street. The only looked at most about 3 stories tall.

It was daytime but the sun had gone down behind some buildings.
    I visited the following house, which was had a real estate open house:
    There was a room on the first floor with its own entrance, probably at the front of the house. I went inside, and found that it was a one-bedroom suite: there was an adjoining bathroom with a shower. This room also contained access to the laundry shaft (which, when I poked my head into it, was quite well-lit). Oddly, despite being part of the same structure as the house, there was no direct link between this room and the rest of the house except in two ways: climbing through the laundry shaft access (there was another access directly across the shaft from this room's access), and...above this room. You see I'd somehow also gotten into the room above, which was also a bedroom, and realized that it was somehow simultaneously above this isolated bedroom, and also open to the bedroom below -- so basically there was a balcony where the bedroom above, which could be accessed normally from the rest of the house, overlooked the otherwise isolated bedroom. I remember thinking, this needs a ladder so you can consistently go between the bedrooms above and below.
  • I was inside a Futurama episode (but set in the modern, everyday world), the plot involved a person/monster made out of sand/mud and could grow larger by absorbing objects into itself, which it kept doing. I had watched the episode already so I knew it had three growth stages, by the third it'd be the size of a small building so we had to stop it as soon as possible, to do so we had to find its father so that it could convince it to stop causing problems, it was aware of what we were trying to do and wanted to stop us. It was on stage two when I woke up due to external circumstances.
    Futurama x Katamari
    Futurama x Katamari

Futamari

Since I'm here, I'm gonna tell you I've had this little dream about a bat-like xenomorph running amok in some sort of an academic institution. (Was like a lil' bit of everything, technically academia but also part mall and hostel.) I've begun to write these things down, because the ideas are too good not to turn them into, like, RPG scenarios.

Like, the players are some sort of intrepid space traders, currently on shore leave. Then, a recent arrival (presumably given a ride by the PCs) turns out to have been infested with a bat-like chestburster, and the xenomorph flees to the robotics wing, which is currently out of order because of a robot rebellion. (Some student forgot to put in Asimovian failsafes again.) Few days later turns out the xenomorph managed to avoid the robots' hostility and successfully bred in the technical corridors on the ground level, and now everything is under lockdown. And the players have to get out since they have a mortgage or some other stuff on their ship and it's gonna be hauled away if they just sit and wait till lockdown ends.
  • edited 2022-07-23 21:41:57
    I never understood why people thought that Asimov's "three laws of robotics" are like fundamental directives that robots can't disobey

since they're actually more like high-level philosophical ideals with very, very complex implementation when it comes to responding to any particular situation, and you basically can't ever program them in as-is

and so it'd be harder for a robot to properly obey these laws than to disobey them
    My mom bought something that she said was "Chris chicken", as in "Chris" being the brand. I had a bit of an argument with her, between me saying that no such brand existed and her insisting that that was the brand.

I "woke up" from this dream and looked it up on my phone. I remember I found no such name associated with chicken.

(I later really woke up from the dream and really looked it up on my phone. There were some small restaurants that used such a name but not a brand of chicken products.)

Another dream I had involved a cute scene involving a large cockroach and a hamster both eating guacamole. At one point the hamster rode the cockroach (which was about the same size as it), whose back had little bits of guacamole the hamster was eating.
    There was a deer apparently stuck in a bush in front of our house. Maybe it was hiding from predators or something, but I found myself wanting to call some sort of wildlife rescue hotline. I think my mom wanted me to deal with it quickly and so she was pressuring me about the call.

Our house was not actually a house but in an apartment complex. Also, the complex was located just east of and uphill from a major entertainment venue. Just north of both properties was the road for accessing them, which came westward from town (most of this area was undeveloped plains to the north). Just south of both, beyond some trees, was a highway.

Since my mom was pressuring me, I walked to an empty room with yellow walls, in an empty unit a little to the west (like it were some kind of empty classroom or empty practice room or something. I was trying to figure out the number to call, which for some reason I had remembered was the same as the name of the lady in charge of the wildilfe rescue center. But I was anxious since it was nearly 5pm, and I had trouble remembering her name and matching it to numbers. (I later realized, after waking up, that her name was actually nine letters long.)

Also, that room turned out to be an open patio with a brick wall on the north up to about chest height. Someone came over to say hi and give me something over said wall (like a countertop) as I was messing with my phone. It was nighttime.
    Apparently I went to have a swim at some point. For some reason, I sat in the water, which was only about half a foot deep, and did so inside a little tiled cubbyhole, instead of actually swimming.

I needed to go to school, apparently. Also, I was worrying about being late.

Anyway, I walked to school in a sort of semi-rural suburban area, with a lot of greenery. For some reason, the entrance to the school -- which was a large two-story building that curved around at an angle -- was connected to, and apparently only accessible by a concrete footbridge that was about level with the higher elevation the building was situated on, which was to my right. I was walking up a slope, and at some point, I got close enough to the elevation that I was able to climb up the side of the footbridge and onto it, with some difficulty. (This did not feel like the only entrance to the school.)

It was the first day at school and I needed to find my homeroom. Apparently I might have been late since the hallways were mostly empty by the time I got there. There was a registration desk near the front.

I ended up looking for my room. It was some sort of social studies, probably history class. I kept walking, and walked through a walkway that passed by a big athletics field (overlooking it from a higher floor) on the left, and which on the right overlooked a sunlit courtyard. At this time of day, the sunlight was actually shining into the building and reflecting off the polished concrete?/paint?/resin? floor. (This second floor's ceiling was just of regular height, but it seemed the first floor below it would have a higher ceiling.) And eventually I got to some building on my left, which had walls that were white with pink or orange accents. I looked around that hallway for my classroom, and couldn't find it. Then I went back one "area" and went through the classrooms next to the athletic field but none of them had the class I wanted either. So I went back to the registration desk and talked to them.

Apparently I needed a dime to get into the classroom, which was actually the first classroom I passed on my way in, and next to (or across from?) the registration desk. At some point someone just handed me a coin and told me "here's a dime, just go already". So I threw the coin at the door and then I opened it and when I picked up the coin that had ended up inside the classroom I realized it was a penny.

When I was at my table, on the right side of the classroom, I put down the penny and realized that I was holding not just a U.S. one-cent coin but also two slightly larger but just as copper-looking British one-penny coins.

The students all seemed to be watching a history documentary of some sort. But there was no sound, and so it seemed everyone was listening to the audio via headphones.

The teacher, an older-middle-aged white woman who was rather short and had shoulder-length hair, came around and introduced herself, as the movie was playing. It seemed she had planned for this first class session to be a little chaotic so she just put on a movie instead.

Later the movie seemed to have become some sort of fiction rather than a documentary. For some reason I thought it seemed like Ice Age 2.

An old lady who was a student mentioned that she was 97 years old.
  • edited 2022-08-31 00:18:15
    I was watching someone demonstrate speedrun tricks in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Right at the beginning of the game, he picked up an item on the right side of the opening shaft th that he dropped down. Then, at the bottom of tne shaft, he wanted to demonstrate "Agility", a technique called such because it looked like the Pokémon move Agility (or apparently the Smash version of it). So he made some hand gestures with his left hand while going through a beige door backwards. The door was one with a pushable crossbar facing the shaft we were in, and it led into a large machine room, where I could see a "memu" creature through the doorway. The trick didn't work. He tried the trick again and it still didn't work.
    I was listening to an orchestral arrangement of this:

But I'd only gotten to the end of the first movement when something woke me up in real life.
  • edited 2022-10-02 09:01:57
    I had gotten an apartment somewhere it seems. I entered an old building, with multiple floors and lots of hallways lined with doors.

These hallways and the doorways on them resembled an old dormitory -- red brick walls, commercial-grade dark grey carpet that's tough and barely carpety enough to be not hard floors, rectangular steel door frames painted dark grey (with occasional chipped-off paint), and heavy wooden doors, all lit from above with generic fluorescent tube lights. I think there was a window at the end of the hallway, where daylight could be seen.

At first I didn't know where my apartment was, but it turned out to be on the second floor, right behind the fire door leading in from the elevator lobby. It was the first door on the right, actually an unusually narrow door, located on the side of a small alcove. The apartment number was 201.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    My (step*)-grandfather was trying to get me married off (to a woman).

The only way I could get out of this was by playing one of those 2048 style mobile games and it was really hard (diagonal board with very few spots).

Also for some reason there was a subplot involving helping two (other) women get away from their creepy boss who was harassing them.

*dunno if this is important considering it was him out of all my family members
    After walking through a two-story indoor space probably in a basement with barae concrete floors and walls, my dad ended up driving to somewhere and stopping at an old friend's house, just on the eastern (French) side of the north-south land border between England and France. This is an area that, if you looked at it on a map, you might see is pockmarked with lots of little lakes.

Later, I was on a train, and for some reason I was also going through what the Homestar Runner dudes, Matt and Mike Chapman, were up to lately. Apparently, aside from a work years ago (before 2020), their next work which already debuted was released in 2023.

(Yes, past tense, "was released".)
    First, I realized that I was supposed to finish reading a small book and write some sort of paper on it which I had only barely started. It was the afternoon before it was due.

I went through at least two spaces trying to get this done, one which was some sort of covered patio where daylight-lit outdoors could be seen, and one which was a cozy, sound-insulated small study room with dim lighting that gave everything a light blue aura and had a U-shaped restaurant booth table on the left with sound-insulated entrance doors on the front and back. (It's like this was built to be a small practice or karaoke room or something.)

Later, I was playing a game. This game was at first a third-person shooter against aliens or machines that were taking over, or something like that. It started with a third-person perspective but later transitioned into a first-person perspective where I actually found myself crawling on things. I had previously gotten stuck on the second "room" of the first level.

The first "room" consisted of an open-air passageway, on yellow sand and with yellow walls to the left and right, where the player-character was meant to advance forward by shooting from a standing or crouching posture along a left-right axis (similar to the faux-3D levels of Contra 1). The player was some sort of male supersoldier clad in futuristic black armor.

The second "room" consisted of a sequence where the player had to go to a(n architectural) room to the side and rescue a fellow soldier. The first time I played this I got stuck here, running out of time or health trying to fight my way back out, because I wasn't expecting to need to go out of my way like that. This time however I got past it with just a little trouble.

I kept playing through the first stage, going through various action segments with a couple transition segments interspersed among them, which involved me climbing through open upstairs windows then clambering across what looked like offices with tons of stacks of books and papers, and civilians who greeted me casually.

It was still daylight, and it was daylight (in-game) throughout this game.

Eventually I reached the end of what I thought was the first stage. We were outdoors but in a large covered part of a building with some pillars in front of us, and we were all climbing over many stacks of tons and tons of books for some reason. This building overlooked, in front of us, a grassy downslope followed by a waterfront. I thought we should be expecting a boss, but someone pointed out the enemies -- some automated turrets -- at the bottom of the hill, leading me to conclude that we'd only finished the first "block" of the first stage (a la old Castlevania games). (I was hanging out with some allied players here, preparing to start the next block.)

I accidentally dropped my flashlight. It was a large flashlight with a roughly cuboidal shape, like this but red. It rolled down the hill and caught the attention of a turret. The turret destroyed it, but then the flashlight left behind some small explosive drones that then went over and exploded on the turret. Two or three drones was enough to destroy the turret, leading me to joke that I accidentally did something useful.

I woke up with Contra 3 boss battle music going on in my head.
  • edited 2022-12-02 04:08:18
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    A friend of mine who I haven't seen for at least 15 years now needed a place to stay, and we had a small faux-wood bungalow that was set up about half a metre or so off the ground next to our own house with the assymetrical pitched gable style roof some place in a tropical paradise.

Anyways, for some reason I and said friend were also collaborating on a story set in an alternate universe version of Earth; specifically somewhere in Africa. To celebrate that, I decided to surprise her by having some maps of this alternate Earth printed on fabric pieces that we then inserted into overhanging white fishing-style nets that went with the rest of the tiny house decor. I specifically remember that the wood deck-chair style lounge seats I had the same nets as the backing.

It was all very cute.
    awww~
    I've been having really long, intense dreams lately. I wonder if it's my mind counteracting the droll work.

I remember I had to meet with two TV show producers on some university campus and it somehow turned out that they were really bad at coming up with TV show concepts and so I had to come up with most of the ideas myself.

Anyways at some point I had to leave the room and so I was looking at all these couples get lovey-dovey on campus and for some reason all the guys were really swole with like 25cm biceps. Anyways most of them were with their girlfriends except this one guy who was embracing a man who was clearly his boyfriend but then when I looked back again he was saying goodbye to a female friend instead.

Then as I was trying to find my way back to the TV producers' office I stumbled upon an outdoor diversity/BLM struggle session and I couldn't find my way out so I had to sit through it.
    As an alum, I went to a certain building on the campus of a school I once attended looking for a practice room with a piano. For some reason, I had my favorite song in my headed, and I really wanted to play (my piano transcription of) it so that others could hear it, so I wanted to find a place to do this. I squeezed past various instrumentalists in a hallway, too shy to use the rooms right next to them, and wanted to find this one set of more secluded rooms on the second floor, which was supposedly around a corner, in a specific corner of the building. I turned that corner, walked into a larger room with multiple keyboards and multiple instrumentalists, and then threaded my way to a smaller room inside it where I expected there to be a staircase/ladder up to the second floor...but there was none. I was confused, tried checking the adjoining room and found no staircase/ladder there either, and came back out to ask someone who pointed me to an old silvery panel placed above a synthesizer keyboard against the wall to my right but outside of my field of view as I entered, showing the status of various practice rooms, and showing that those rooms I expected just weren't there anymore. I looked up to the ceiling and saw basically the remnants of a pitched-roof frame, within the innards of the actual ceiling, at a two-story height, and figured that they probably just were really gone.

I went back out to the hallway and kept walking. For some reason I had with myself a museum-style brochure, showing off the various instances where I'd added graffiti of varying degrees of crypticness onto random things on the campus because I was so obsessed with the song at the time. It's like the brochure was an exhibit of my past memories. For example, one of them was "birds bring [a long word representing the song or its artist]", carved into the light-colored wood surfacing of an armrest in a lecture hall.

(This graffiti does not exist in real life. I've never carved graffiti before, and the song in question -- which does exist and is my favorite song in real life -- is something I hadn't even heard until years after I left that campus.)
  • edited 2023-01-14 16:28:30
    Welcome to Things That Don't Match Up With Real Life, In Multiple Ways!

So, I was for some reason back in high school. Supposedly the same high school, but not the high school I attended in real life, as the buildings were different. I was apparently joined by some old friends, though I don't recognize real-life analogues to them (except maybe one of them).

I went into the science building, and apparently walked by my biology teacher. I was trying to avoid her, because I had just bombed a test she'd given, and it was particularly embarrassing since she knew me from when I took her class before. But she wasn't in her usual classroom (the one right by the entrance, just like in real life, even though the entrance now faced south and the building layout was different -- a taller brown brick (or concrete, with the yellowish-brown being from the morning sun's lighting?) building rather than a one-story white stucco building. She spotted me and told me my test was in the classroom. (In awoken retrospect, just leaving it there would probably have violated confidentiality, but in the dream this was not my concern at all.)

I apparently also wandered through the nearby library, used its restroom, and went to the building that it connected to. That building wasn't open yet, because it wasn't 9 o'clock yet, when school started. I'd somehow gone "behind the lines" but found that the bathrooms there were locked. But it was just before 9 AM and there were students packed outside. I heard it as the security guard let them in the building and said something like "have at them", by which he meant "enjoy the free-for-all getting to your classrooms". This particular building seems to have been inspired by a tall one-story building from real life but is quite different because the layout is different and the interior walls were lined with a mosaic of little blue square tiles.

When the security guard let the students in, crowds began populating the hallway, and I started walking in the opposite direction as I knew I had like only 5 or 10 minutes to get to my class.

(In real life, students did not pile up outside the real-life analogue to this building nor did it open promptly at 9. Nor did it even connect to the library. The bathrooms were also located in a different place in the building.)

I eventually got to the bio class and found out I'd gotten a C+ on the test. Not that surprising since I knew I didn't study for it and basically tried to rely on what I remembered from what I'd learned many, many years ago.

Anyway, apparently I and some friends weren't the only ones in high school again. So were fictional characters. The scene shifted and I saw that Nanoha Takamachi was in a different classroom, a larger lecture hall, and she was seated on the far right side of the seating area, high up next to a wall and overlooking the rightmost staircase. She was talking to some other people in class.

Scene change. Apparently she had to work on some project and went to a classmate's apartment, apparently in a high-rise. There, there were two other girls, one of whom was easily spooked for some reason, and Nanoha said something she shouldn't have, so then there was a scene change where apparently she was in her own room (different from her room at home in the actual anime series, but instead resembling something of a dorm room or apartment bedroom) being berated by some deity for this.

(No deities, at least in the traditional sense, appear in the Nanoha series.)

Scene change. Since we covered what Nanoha is up to, what about Fate Testarossa? Well, apparently there was a much more dramatic turn of events. She narrated her own story here. Apparently she was on patrol on some sort of mission and she got shot, but instead of dying she ended up having time turned backward and being a high-schooler again. And this all was the intro to the second Nanoha movie.

(N.B. this is nothing like the intro to the second Nanoha movie in real life. Heck, Nanoha and Fate are never even shown attending high school; the series timeskips from them being middle-schoolers to them being military professionals.)
    I've had several dreams lately that I didn't really keep track of, and now I've forgotten several. However I do remember;

I was somewhere downtown, near a building that used to have a spice-shop on the ground floor. However, now it was an ice-cream shop. And not just a normal ice-cream place, a... lesbian ice cream place?

Anyways, the person serving told me (very politely) that if I wanted to order the next time, I should have called ahead and had it delivered outside. I was super put off by the ideological attitude, but I still apologized to the woman behind me, who was a tall black woman, but she didn't seem bothered by my presence.

For some reason, I still went back some other time to this same place because I guess I really liked their ice-cream, and this time there was an old (straight) couple there. I did feel slightly uncomfortable, but the trip went fine.

Another dream I had involved a TV show featuring an extremely swole guy who was adventuring in some forgotten jungle setting, and the whole plot was extensively "green" and "save the planet" themed.

I kind of spent the whole thing groaning about how preachy it was, until it turned out that somehow, the beast men who were protecting the forest (who allied themselves with MC), turned out to all be in homosexual relationships with one another (there were only four).