If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I Keep My Visions To Myself (aka Dreams thread)

Comments

• @fourteenwings I don't understand how you'd be the one to dream about Azur Lane characters.
  • I can't tell if you mean the flower magic or the part where a man decides to kill the guy his son is in love with so they can carry on with their arbitrary time-travel duties.
    Both!
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    So a war started between the govts. of Venezuela and the US, we got hit with fighter jets dropping incendiary bombs, one of which fell on a building next door, destroying it. I was scared at first but things calmed down after a while. AFAIKnew nobody was hurt and I was looking for a way to post on IJBMer Updates about it. We then provide shelter for the neighbour refugees and then start looking into providing home internet. The ruins of the building were moved into our home (at this point the building was about five storeys tall for a total of about two meters high) so that it could be re-erected after the war.

I had that weird-ass dream where I was a freelancer to some sort of militia fighting a war against some other militia in a relatively small city. (I guess it came out of memories of me playing New Vegas, but mixed for taste with reports from Yugoslavia.) I tried to get in touch with the leader of the "good" militia, but he was always in meetings. His name, picture that, was 1/Michael. As in, "one by Michael". They had a nice headquarters though, a big, multi-storey house full of people and bustling with activity. It was quite a movie-like dream.

I'm snipping some details, but they generally amounted to things not faring well for the "good" militia.

Barred from helping in other ways I tried hard to at least locate the "bad" guys, but I couldn't. Then I found them at last, and this is where the dream went from just weird to bonkers, since there was a road post manned (?) by proboscis monkeys with guns. Yeah, the same kind of monkeys as in Polish memes thread. Feels like my brain was trying to tell me something.

Then I was shot at by a fucking otter or whatnot. One moment I was shooting a photo, the next it was shooting at me, suddenly had a revolver in its paw like some fucking gunslinger. Hit me in the arm. The rest of the dream was me trying to get some medical assistance through all the bureaucracy and related stuff.

I guess the overall theme was me having delusions of being helpful.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Always watch out for the otters.
  • edited 2020-04-17 15:43:20
    Due to COVID-19, they invented a slot in your body (unspecified where, it looked like a VGA slot) marked with a silhouette of your entire body, that you can connect through a cable to somewhere (it was never shown but it depended on your sex) and it'd somehow supply you with all the information and goods you'd need. I was in trouble because my version wasn't compatible and thus I had to run around living life having to look for stuff as normal in a world where everyone got things instantly. Also Danganronpa 2's Sonia Nevermind was there, which I believe is the first time I dream with a DR character, and she was angry at me for not being able to use that feature.
    Some time later, I was in somebody's apartment, some real-life air conditioner mechanics were there and... well, I don't remember this part well, but I do remember at some point there were small Shmup patterns in real-space and touching a bullet hurt badly, as one girl did with her leg.
    Later there was a fat guy who hosted a TV show or Youtube channel about breaking into people's homes. We all broke into the same apartment as before and he starts rummaging through things but there's signs that the tenant is there, so the guy looks for the tenant to talk things out lest they get scared and react badly, but in the end he doesn't find anybody.
    Then I woke up.
    Edit: Spelling.
    I was in trouble because my version wasn't compatible and thus I had to run around living life having to look for stuff as normal in a world where everyone got things instantly.

This sounds like a great YA novel.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I woke up early Saturday morning to catch a new episode of Power Rangers: Turtle Power.
    At first, the set-top box wasn't working right and didn't detect the channel it was on. I rescanned the channels and then it worked.
    I don't remember all the details, but in this show, there were five Rangers and their themed powers included someone having "Shadow Power" and another one having "Mystical Power" (specifically a woman with a European or Oceanian accent), and maybe another one having "Time Power". I forgot what the other two were.
    This particular episode seemed to be somewhat more of a drama episode, with the main characters talking to one of their own, a blond guy, about his relationship with his son. This took place in a building with exposed concrete walls/floors and metal railings painted light blue, as if they were on a ledge overlooking something much larger (e.g. an athletics arena). Meanwhile, another major character, a woman, was looking somewhat frazzled today, dropping her change from her purse while descending some stairs on the right side of that ledge.
    She picked up most of her change but I helped pick up some of it. The stairs exited to a nighttime scene (albeit lit with an external light behind us), where she picked up the last coin which had got caught in a storm drain grate, amidst a bunch of fallen leaves. As I handed to her the coins I'd picked up, we thought we heard a cry of distress somewhere, perhaps somewhere across the large pond in front of us. We stopped to listen for it, but unfortunately there was a loud red-shouldered hawk calling above us (despite it being nighttime), and off to our left, further down the path, there was someone noisily bagging leaves.
    I can't believe the actual show's theme was less power-ey than the individual Ranger's themes.

Also shouldn't it be Turtle Force?
    I was in a large building, some sort of major public building like a transit hub. It was sorta dimly lit inside, lit from small hanging lights with a warm yellowish glow, and with a ceiling not obscured by drop-tiles, but with ample outside lighting from the large windows. It was daytime and the outside conditions were light grey, so probably rainy. The interior of this building was two floors tall, both floors being quite tall in their own right.

There was this big mountain of something in the middle of this building, spanning the height of the lower floor and then some, and roughly against the inner wall but with ample distance between them. I climbed over some railings on the second floor to get to it, and as I descended its slope, I found some signage indicating that it was basically the last vestiges of the rocklands that used to be what this area was. As I climbed down, between the patches of grass I saw some small porcupines (which looked more like cartoon porcupines than real-life porcupines) scamper away. I got about halfway down, and was greeted by another fence at the bottom of a semi-grassy clearing. I climbed over that fence, and onto a disorganized pile of mossy boulders. I climbed down those boulders, and eventually ended up in a shallow pool of water, lined with a blue tarp, at the bottom.

This building may have been some sort of airport or train station, possibly both. I was later standing outside this building, on a platform about that same height above the ground, overlooking a road beneath. There might have been some cables around the height of the platform. The platform jutted out beyond the front entrance of the building, but somewhat further on the two ends of the platform than in the center. This was a very, very wide platform, mind you, the length of at least several cars.

Across the street was some sort of open-air parking garage. I could see pedestrians walking on the sidewalk next to the street. I was looking in a direction that was roughly diagonal to the platform and the street; on my left-front there was a hill that the street passed through, and to my right and behind me the street continued.

At this point I started somewhat lucidly dreaming, which made it more difficult to dream but also let me try to direct where I would go in the dream.

I went back into the station, through some black-framed glass automatic sliding doors, and and was inside the station, where the floor was white mottled with black spots and there were various chairs everywhere and some potted plants. There was a metallic staircase in the center, which I ascended; above it was a huge room, with vaulted white ceilings that looked vaguely like sheets of a tent hung from these very tall white pillars. To my left after ascending the stairs were a series, in the distance, were a series of ticket counters for various companies, between myself and them were many layers of retractable belt barriers.

I went to one end of the room, opposite to the side with the street and platform. Here, there was a series of windows, with steel beams between them, and with the windows mostly blocked by metal barriers painted white so that they let light in around their edges but mostly blocked off the view through the windows. I went between the barriers and saw the outside parts of an airport terminal. I then walked back out from these barriers and then walked toward the corner of the room, between the ticket counter and the window, where there was a short hallway lined with horizontally-striped walls. At the end were three doors; I took the center door and entered a stairwell lined with concrete. (It looked like the stairwell that that woman had dropped change in in my previous dream.)

Then I woke up.
  • edited 2020-05-02 05:37:12
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I was invited to a (surprise-surprise!) school, but it was mandatory. However, it turned out I'd already done all the courses at the school, so I didn't need to attend any more classes.

I'd been driven there, and the way home on foot was through a shady part of town, so walking was out of the picture. My only option was to wait in another classroom. The whole place had an excessively blue-gray color palette.

A few seconds after I'd sat down at a random desk, a group of people came in. I'm assuming they were all people I know in real life, but my main focus was an old friend of mine (who also showed up recently trying to convince me to get communal dental surgery). This time, however, she was well... she was essentially Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I too had an immense knowledge of mysterious magical things, and so we clued the rest of the group in on how magic was everywhere and extremely dangerous.

For example, we gestured to an innocuous-seeming pile of red dust on the floor. Both she and I popped a piece of fizzy strawberry taffy in our mouths. The whole thing, so our mouths were entirely full.

She leaned down and the dust sort of started dancing around. Then she explained that this was a magical parasite that could turn you into a zombie if it got in your mouth. Since our mouths were full of candy, it's nefarious means were thwarted.

The door to the room burst open, and a man in a dark coat stood there. I'd never met him, but I had a feeling that dream-me knew of him somehow. As if his existence had been foreshadowed in a previous scene. He tried to usher my friend and I out of the room, and I realized the whole sham of calling us to the place was indeed to turn us all into zombies.

I woke up before I could warn everybody else.
    I dreamed that I visited the meatspace home of a certain internet friend. Except, for some reason, he looked like a short and gangly short fourteen-year-old with a glasses and shoulder-length dark hair (which is not how he looks in real life). He lived in a single-story house, and when I arrived I was greeted by his older sister, who walked me through someplace that looked like the garage but converted into a winding room of storage for shelves and shelves of books. Stepping into the house from there, this was an old-ish house (perhaps built sometime between the 1950s and 1980s), with yellow-grey carpet, vinyl sheet flooring made to look like tile, and so on. It was daytime. (The only detail here that is accurate to real life is that I think his house does have yellow-brownish carpet.)
    I had gone shopping with my parents, during the day, and I remember that there was a sale on power strips, which I wanted to pick up, but didn't.

Anyway, I woke up early, in a house I used to live in. I left the house and drove out to a place I had meant to be earlier, which was a small local park or something. I stopped my car, to collect my thoughts and plan out the day. An older middle-aged, somewhat tall, light-skinned gentleman, with a mildly wrinkly face, wearing a dark sweater and dark pants, who seemed like he should be a policeman, approached the right side of my car and opened my car's passenger-side front door, asking me whether I was fine. I told him I was, and he asked me what was doing there. I told him I was collecting my thoughts, and he seemed like he wanted to ask me to leave. I told him I could just leave, and he seemed to suggest that I should. I wonder if that might have had to do with the neighborhood of expensive houses nearby, that this park served as an entrance to.

Anyway, I left, and as I drove out, it was night again, or at least dark like night, and I was driving to a stoplight, and realized that there was an obstruction in my lane and trying to signal to get around it, amidst heavy traffic. While doing so, I somehow noticed that there was some debris that a vehicle was unintentionally scattering on the road. I happened to run over that debris, and somehow now I was riding a motorcycle that I could toggle on and off anytime, and the front tire of the motorcycle was punctured and audibly leaking. So, after turning left at that intersection, I toggled off my motorcycle, and started walking through the heavy traffic, which actually wasn't much slower because it was all packed up, like early rush-hour traffic. The lighting conditions were somewhat brighter now.

The weather was still dreary, as I drove (rode?) and/or walked a few more blocks, over to where I wanted to go. I rode some of the way just to get there quicker. I arrived at my school's campus, but then left my motorcycle at the curb, for some reason, despite knowing I could be ticketed. I ran in through the plazas, past an area full of neatly-arranged chairs, past a pub, and around several buildings, then ran into a friend. I asked him if he knew where I could get my tire patched. He said he didn't know. I then walked back outside, while in different places the sky was either dark or dreary.

I walked past a covered area where there were a bunch of pianos just sitting on outdoor floor tiles, in between two buildings, brightly lit. A girl was recording herself singing and playing the piano. One of the pianos looked very strange, as it had a large vertical panel attached atop it. I walked past the pub again, with its familiar, crowded charm. I later passed the chairs, which were now filled with a band, rehearsing. I reached my bike, which had luckily not been ticketed.
  • I had gone shopping with my parents
    I read that as "I had gone shipping with my parents".
    I was riding a motorcycle that I could toggle on and off anytime,
    So you were using one of the bikes in Pokémon.
    I walked past a covered area where there were a bunch of pianos just sitting on outdoor floor tiles

So a music video.
    There was, sadly, no music.
    I was at some sort of waterside military base, and water was sloshing everywhere. I don't remember much about this part aside from that I was with the girls from Symphogear and somebody was moving an experimental coffin around, which sort of sounds like the first episode of XV.

Later, I was at a high school, by myself, and there was some type of test. I was not a student at this school, though it was very similar to my own high school, and I suddenly knew I was dreaming. This was when stuff got weird.

So somebody, possibly Vanessa from Symphogear XV, was tossing around lots of giant white missiles with red tips that were meant to explode at some point in the future. This part of the dream involved Vanessa sometimes stuffing them down people's mouths (they somehow fit?) and into their backpacks or even just in front of them.

The weird thing was that only I seemed to notice. Everybody else just kept going on with their usual class-time things whilst I was scared out of my mind.

So when the teacher left and Vanessa left alongside him, I assumed she was planning on detonating her bombs so I jumped out the window and into a grassy field on the side of some sports-court. I kept running until I spotted two of my friends (real life people I knew in high school) building some sort of model boat on a picnic table.

I told them both to come with me, and we started taking a back road behind the school. There was no fencing, even though the area behind the school was extremely dangerous, with a large gorge (a castle-style moat, maybe?) between the school-side and the "safe" road-side. I was explaining to them that we would be safe from the explosion when I spotted a grey human-like being holding a vial in it's hands.

I correctly guessed that this vial contained a chemical about as dangerous as the explosion, and was meant to get rid of anybody at the school who wasn't hurt by the blast. So...

I quickly transformed into my Symphogear? All I really remember was that it looked mostly like an S1 Gear, with very little black or netting in a complementary tone to the main one. The theme color was an olive-green, and whenever I sang I sounded like an opera singer (like Pavarotti).

Then I woke up.
  • It wasn't a dream, but two nights ago while half asleep I was thinking some weird thing about how to program (as in, write software) some ancient Greek god(s?)'s genealogy into a MtG card, Theros' Hopeful Eidolon except with Plated Sliver's art. It was literally dizzying, I was going in circles back and forth between what I wanted to happen with the card and what I had to write to make it happen (both nonsense). When I completely woke up I was all nauseated, although something I ate might've contributed.
  • edited 2020-05-25 11:50:32
    As a university activity I went to some sort of summer camp taking place at what seemed like a construction site. We were divided into three teams and further divided into roles, my role involved finding some items, a pack of cake frosting I think. The other two finders were a guy and a girl, I think we were each from different teams but we were working together anyways. There was also a humanoid bear to mentor us (I think based on WoW's pandarians). Anyhows we find the first two items very quickly so we set out to help the others (I think they also had to find objects but they weren't unique objects, e.g. 15 of some uncommon thing or 200 of some common thing) until the next day when a new area would open up (a school or something related to schools) where we could find the third and final item (one for each finder) which we also find quickly. There wasn't enough space in the main office building for all of us and I was among those who had to sleep outside so I was worried but turns out I slept well. The thing took place over two days, by the second they were also celebrating a kid's Birthday. I think I was cold towards most of the group and they were cold towards me, but by the end we had warmed up to each other.
    It was a nice dream, I wish I could remember more.
    Sounds like one of those choose-your-own-adventure YA novels from the 90s.
    ---

I was in some sort of fashion design competition that might have explicitly been Project Runway. All of the other contestants were characters from Tekken (around 3 or 4). The competition was taking place at a university. Bryan asked me to meet him outside. Once we got to the food court, I then realized I was Joe from King of Fighters and that this was the first place where I'd felt free enough to... do capoeira or something?

I certainly didn't want to fight, but I wondered if that was why Bryan had called me out there. I woke up before I found out what happened.
  • edited 2020-05-27 10:56:35
    I was in one of those cartoon spaceships from the 90s, driving along a highway. The road started getting narrower, so I turned the spaceship on it's side and drove in between some buildings.

When I got to the end of the track, the spaceship disappeared with no real warning and I jumped to the ground. The field I was in was empty, dusty and desolate, but filled with many mysterious shapes. I think all of them were giant wooden frames meant for holding mirrors.

I walked through the field slowly, because I kind of felt a pair of eyes watching me. I stepped in between a broken frame and teleported elsewhere. The middle of a bustling European city at twilight. I was the only "real" person there, everybody else was 2D caricatures who left neon afterimages whenever they moved. I had a feeling that they were all some sort of species from a Lovecraft style unspeakable universe who were trying really hard to be human.

I was scared out of my mind so I woke up.
    I had signed up for several standardized tests for some reason. I had to go take them and they were scheduled for today.

So first I had to figure out how to get back to school. I was located in a completely different state from my school, so I had to find a way to fast-travel back there. I realized I could do this by using a pun -- I could drive to a road that had the same name as a road near my school. Sure enough, it worked, and I was soon on various hilly roads.

When I got to my school, it actually resembled my old high school lol, with off-orange/pink-ish stucco walls. I walked around, and for some reason I forgot to bring any face masks so I walked around rather concerned that I'd catch the coronavirus from other people.

I walked to the back of my school and found that there was some construction work going on. That same student as always was helping out with the construction crew. I shuddered to think of how she had to stand around breathing all that dust.
  • edited 2020-06-07 15:46:21
    So everybody in IJBM, a physical space that was kind of like a school but also kind of like my room, was doing flashcards somewhat like I'm doing irl by coming up with stories that relate to what one's learning so as to have an easier time remembering whatever, however in this case the stories had to correspond to actual physical things (e.g. if the story is about a tree next to a rock, there must be a tree next to a rock somewhere or else in IJBM or else it wouldn't work) and everything on IJBM got scrambled up, so I had to go and sort things around so that everyone's stories began to work again. wings and gck were there, not sure about Glenn or Naas.
  • edited 2020-06-08 04:57:41
    That sounds relevant to goings on lately, somehow.

At a school of some sort, I was having a lot of sigils inscribed into the palms of my hands. I understood that these were "Code" for various things. Like opening doors that were locked, phasing through windows, etc.

It hurt, a lot. I mean, not really, but dream 14w was screaming and such.

We couldn't finish, because the "Time Savers" had found our facility and wanted to stop our rampant use of Code powers for whatever we wanted. Though I wasn't done, I was sent off on my mission; to infiltrate the Time Savers and destroy their organization from the inside out.

I kind of just, jumped backward into a portal that had previously been a door, and was reborn into a six year old? I remembered everything I was meant to do, and the codes were still inscribed (though invisible) but I was six, and in the middle of a desert warzone in some random time in the past.

Anyways, one of the Time Savers who had been sent to this era to look for a rogue Code-user (there wasn't really a name for my faction so let's go with this) was instead greeted by a kid crying in a warzone. I might have also been reborn Persian? Either way, they didn't realize it was me, and took me back to our time to discuss the anomaly in time. I think they decided that the Code-users had tossed a kid back in time as a distraction? Anyways, since I had the base talents required, I was inducted into Time Academy.

And then I woke up. I didn't even get to see the place...
    It was after school in my early days of college, and I'd made friends with a couple of people I kind of know in real life but not really. Their age ranges were also pretty off in terms of being in college with me, both younger and older.

There was this new ice cream/frozen desserts place I wanted to try out. It was a cramped, tall little building on a busy road. For reasons I can no longer remember, I and my friends argued about going together, and after a while I just felt uneasy about it.

Later on, I was driving somewhere with my dad in the tree-lined streets kind of near my home. In-between the trees, I spotted an old man and his wheelchair. The wheelchair had tipped over, leaving him on the ground.

We continued to drive and didn't stop to help or anything. My only reaction was to say "That man in the wheelchair has fallen and can't get up!"

I hope this reckless indifference doesn't belie bigger things...
    I had a weird dream involving being on some game show. I forgot what the game show was about, but I do remember noticing a very looooooong person seemingly get "printed" on a conveyor belt of sort. He was lying down with his head turned to the side and his arms around his head, with a smile on his face and a bare back, indicating that he was enjoying a back massage, which the machine was giving him.

The machine was concealed underneath a boxy structure, covered in black with blue/purple tinges and white star-like sparkly specks. It wasn't the only machine there was, but the leftmost one was the only one printing a long person. I was standing on the lower left, on a higher platform, with similar black-with-blue/purple-and-sparkles coloration, looking upon all of this. To its right, further away from me, there was the main action of the game show. I think the audience was in a dimly lit area to my right and/or behind me.
    And I thought I needed dream-help.
    I read some sort of commentary about someone in basketball, who was a coach I think, and then there was the remark that that person isn't as important as the person who invented macaroni and cheese, since the latter person created a recipe that has probably fed millions of basketball players.
  • But that coach's team's games have probably been seen by millions of macaroni and cheese eaters.
    you guys are blowing my mind
  • edited 2020-06-20 14:30:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    PART 1:

I was at an anime convention, in the dealers' room. It was a large room at a convention center, though not as large as the largest one I've been to in real life. It was in a room with pale blue walls, and roughly L-shaped, and had a big projected screen on one side, at the top of a wall. For some reason I was checking out a manga booth, which is odd because I don't read manga. Later, I had to settle an argument between my parents, because we were looking up at this giant projected screen and my dad was saying "why don't we just buy a projector instead of a large screen" and my response was "high-resolution projectors cost a lot more than high-resolution screens".

Later, I was at a shopping mall. I wandered my way through a supermarket whose old-timey wine section had recently moved, so its styled wooden cabin/stand section barriers -- which were usually staffed by a tall gentleman -- had been incompletely moved. The man was at the actual booth, but he was awkwardly situated next to frozen food, while going further into windy passages between some adjacent aisles I found the rest of the wooden façade, and walked through it, including getting to go "behind the desk".

Later, I walked into another shop. This was a gift shop for that anime convention. I checked out a variety of items, including a big poster-size display of popular game covers, most of which I don't play, and I remarked to another customer that its neon green frame was made of faux leather which I didn't like. I ended up picking out two items to buy, one of which was a picture of the aforementioned projected screen (for some reason I found that to have sentimental value), and the other one was a small vial with multiple openings and some colored liquid. The caps were missing though, so at the checkout counter I struggled with it and asked for some help getting some tape or some other material by which I could cover it up. I ended up holding up a line of customers, and I felt relieved when I eventually walked away. And then I realized I forgot to actually pay for the items, so now I'd have to cut back in line to pay for them...

PART 2:

I watched a speedrun of a gothic horror metroidvania game, called something like "Castle of Kain" or something. Very much a Castlevania clone.

It involved speed tricks like taking damage to skip the first boss, then dying to the second boss at the same time as beating it then resetting the game.

Then I played the actual game through; it's a relatively short game.

Then I started playing the sequel, Castle of Kain 2. Then I checked out a speedrun of it. Again, the first boss could be skipped, just by taking damage and getting knocked upward from the starting point. And the second boss...again, you want to take a death at the same time as beating him, because he has a lengthy cutscene. I then went checked out the entire cutscene, and it was basically the protagonist saying that he didn't want to kill unnecessarily, so after about two minutes of conversation, the second boss said "kill me or I will kill you", and then basically forces the protagonist to kill him, and then the game progresses.

Amusingly, the cutscene starts with the boss on the ground and the protagonist standing and pointing his sword at the boss, in the middle of the platform, while in-game if you do the speed trick you end the battle at the edge of the platform, with your own back to a hole, and both characters standing.