If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I can't judge the quality of pop songs.

edited 2011-04-01 19:20:32 in General
Morgan Freeman is God
Rebecca Black's Friday sounds just like any other pop song to me. Seriously, I honestly can't tell that it's bad, it just sounds like yet another auto-tuned generic pop song to me.

Comments

• Same for me.

Most pop songs don't sound bad to me per se, they just sound simple and annoyingly catchy.
  • Maybe you're just desensitized. It doesn't sound any different from any other pop song to me, either.
  • I interpret it as a parody, but that's me seeing a resemblance to I Gotta Feeling and Baby.
  • edited 2011-04-01 19:24:08
    What are we defining as "any other pop song" here? The Bieber? Kesha? Lady Gaga? Il Divo?
  • edited 2011-04-01 19:24:44
    Morgan Freeman is God
    Anything produced in the past 2 or 3 years. Generic auto-tuned schlock, basically.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-01 23:24:52
    Yep. It's all the same generic bubble-gum pop BS.

I'm looking at you, 50. How dare you call yourself a rapper.
  • Yeah, I listened to Friday for the first time today. It didn't kill my ears or anything; I don't see the big deal.
  • edited 2011-04-01 23:25:36
    La vie en rose
    If people listened to this we'd have no reason to talk about Rebecca Black:

• BobBob
    edited 2011-04-01 23:26:23
    ^^I was disappointed when I heard it for the first time. I was expecting full-blown ear rape, instead I got kind of stupid lyrics and repetitive music, A.K.A. the same shit they play on the radio / TV / whatever.

^NOT CRAZY BUS, WHY
  • As a teenager who listens to a lot of pop, good and bad, I can safely say that Friday is the worst song I have every heard and no matter what pop artist you name, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, any of them are better than this song.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The worst song I ever heard was "Soul Sister" by Train.

It's worse than Friday to me, mostly because it was horrible by it's own merit, and did not use youtube as a slingshot into fame like Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black have.
  • Youtube has nothing to do with the quality of any song. It'll still be bad regardless of if it's popular or not.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-01 23:32:37

The next pop superstar diva
  • AUGH FUCK UNCANNY VALLEY

Also, from the comments, that's a creepypasta. I'm not watching it fully.
  • It's not that bad, the viewers are all just pussies. It's not a screamer or anything.
    NIGHTMARE FUEL!

NIGHTMARE FUEL!

:< :< :< :< :< :< :< :<  -runs off to edit TVT-

- The Subjectivity of Fear, Part I
  • Same here, the only special thing I can notice about Friday is the autotune abuse.

Did someone say CrazyBus?
  • Tremble mortals, and despair.

• IT'S THE SAME SONG
  • No um...That song is worse.
  • They're about even. I would've said worse, but then I remembered some of Friday's cringesome lyrics.

Play them both at the same time. Wonder how closely they fit.
  • No. No, My Jeans is worse. Every shot is head on, all the girls are OBVIOUSLY 11 where at least they could try to pass as teens in Friday. The lyrics in both are pretty stupid, but these are worse.

Maybe you just don't notice because you don't have the same eye for detail of teen pop as I do.
  • edited 2011-04-02 14:14:55
    Yeah I'll buy that. Especially since this one is also more materialistic, and dare I say lacks the memetic charms of Friday- and I didn't watch either of them to the end, I'll admit.
  • Are they both by the same vanity music video producers?
  • My Jeans claims no association.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    I think "My Jeans" is at least funnier than "Friday", almost certainly unintentionally.
  • edited 2011-04-03 07:01:58
    INCOMING

(play them all at once)

That girl is ruining the fabric on her panties doing that. -cringe-

Unless they are made of something that can resist the tugging that the guitar strings do on her crotch area.