If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Nintendo has yet to release an official Mario Timeline

edited 2013-05-09 15:13:18 in Wonderful posts

I need to know whether Bowser's Inside Story was before or after Mario Galaxy 2, and if so, where this stands in relation to Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Why do you ignore your beloved fans, Nintendo.

Comments

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Screw that! Where's my official Kirby Timeline? I can't publish my fanfiction until I KNOW that Epic Yarn came before Mass Attack!

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Sunshine is the last one, since it is the one where Bowser learns to speak fully
  • edited 2013-05-09 15:25:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Knowing that this is snark directed at fans of series like Zelda and Castlevania, where people have seriously discussed and bickered about the timeline, I'd venture to say that it's just that the stories of the Mario and Kirby games are taken so unseriously that people don't really care.

• edited 2013-05-09 15:41:15

I think "people don't really care" is kinda the point here.

• Release order unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Sad thing is, I have seen people argue about the Mario time line.

Grown up people.

Well, I say "grown up" I mean "people who are in their 20s". 

• edited 2013-05-09 16:07:05
    Belief

The first mario was obviously the last chronologically speaking.

And there might be a split time-line considering how in Mario Karts, he races himself as a baby.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Are you sure that's not his offspring?

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Also Yoshi's Island would be the first in the timeline
  • Mario did the kessel run in 12 parsecs.

• Silence is golden.

Donkey Kong. --> Mario Bros. ---> Super Mario Bros. ---> Hotel Mario ---> WarioWare---> Fighting Force 2. Everything else is not cannan.

You're welcome.

I am disappointed that Mario never owned a castle that was once stolen by Wario, then.

• ^^Are you saying that Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door isn't canon?

Where does Donkey Kong Country fit into this canon?

• Is a Super Mario thing canon or not? It certainly seems like it could be canon.

• It's canon but not as canon as Barkley Shut Up and Jam, Gaiden.

What about Kaizo Mario World?

• Please. We must know where Super Mario Bros. Z Falls in the timeline.
  • How much of Mario 2, Mario's Dream was canon? Does a wart really exist, is Mario a psychic?

He was having bad dreams about the shyguys he encountered as a baby.

• Kaizo doesn't real.  Not that it's fictional because it's a video game, Kaizo Mario World itself doesn't actually exist.  It was all cooked up by some YouTuber.

• What about the Mario movie? Is Princess Peach really a dinosaur? Is that why Mushroom Kingdom is a monarchy.

Are dinosaurs naturally attracted to monarchs, or are monarchs naturally attracted to dinosaurs.

• What about Kaizo Mario 64.

Chain Chomp is real 2401

• Kaizo Mario 64 is sadly real.  As for the Mario movie, can I just note that they actually have the names Mario Mario and Luigi Mario.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Well, Peach herself isn't a dinosaur, but she definitely has a canonical love affair with the Koopa King. The whole kidnapping thing is just all part of their freaky perverted sex game. Ever see D.E.B.S? It's like that.

• A dark part of me is giggling about Peach tickling Bowser's asshole while Mario is out running himself ragged trying to find her.
  • Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

And a dark part of me is writing the first draft of that fanfiction.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

A bright and noble part of me considers the two of you cruisin' for a bruisin'. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I mean to say that I will accelerate my fists towards them at a pace that will result in pain and, hopefully, substantial injury. 

• edited 2013-05-10 06:09:02
    Belief

The rational part of me finds that violence and pain is not too good as a deterrent.