If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General Animation Thread

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, I am fairly sure that most shoulder-poof-things are less than the size of your head.

Also, that legs are less than five times the thickness of your arms and don't take up so ridiculously much of your body.

• They're somethin' else.

Nova's gonna no.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Nova is just done.

• The first sprite is great, but the others aren't so hot, in my opinion.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I just realized how good the movement is in the first sprite.

• Has friends besides tanks now

The movement is good, but I can't get over how her legs are twice as long as her torso, and how her hands and feet are bigger than her head.

• How do you guys even watch chinese cartoons.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, it's well-animated, but the actual art is a disaster thanks to the stupidly bad proportions.
  • But, as Crimson says, it's deliberate stylization, with emphasis on limbs over the rest of the body because that's what the attacks are made with. Chun-li's legs are particularly prominent because that's what she does most her attacks with.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Anyone else here watch anything by the Brothers Quay?

True. It probably looks fine in context. On its own, though...:/
  • You can change. You can.

How do you guys even watch chinese cartoons.

lotsa booze

So I've been watching Adventure Time via my roommate's friend, and it's actually pretty fun. /slowpoke

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^ It should be nice to hear a new perspective on the series. I look forward to your thoughts.

I have to admit that I'm amazed at just how off-the-walls it gets, and how the sheer imaginative skills of the makers is strong enough that they can basically do whatever pleases them, which just as often leads to fun subversion in plot.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

• Still as fluid as ever, but the voice-acting is somewhat meh. I'd feel better if there was a lot less of it.

Black seems to be the least visually-interesting so far, but that's because we had werewolf-killing-reaper-Red-Riding-Hood and sorcerer-fencer-elemental-idol-singer before.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

^^ Haha! Sweet.

Still as fluid as ever, but the voice-acting is somewhat meh. I'd feel better if there was a lot less of it.

Well, that would kind of suck, considering the whole "It's a trailer for an actual show they're making, with voice acting" thing. Although, for the trailers, I think it did work better without any actual speech.

Anyway! Other things to note.

The moon is even more broken than it was in the White trailer. This leads me to think that the moon is going to be completely gone come the Yellow trailer.

Black's combat style is kind of boring in comparison. She doesn't really move around a lot, which was the more visually exciting part of White/Red's fight, and her gimmick (what appears to be a whip-sword-handgun) isn't as exciting as Red's gunscythe or White's magic rapier.

Plus, half the trailer was focused on Adam instead of Black, which is bleh.

Honestly, I didn't like this trailer nearly as much as I did Red/White's.

It's interesting to note that Black's most striking characteristic is her yellow eyes, much as White's most striking characteristics were her red scars and the red inside of her jacket.

Oh, it's also cool to note that Red is the only person in any of the trailers to get away from her fight completely unscathed.

• The moment I saw Adam I knew he was going to be rejected and/or turn out evil.

I'm not sure what that says.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

ParaNorman is on Netflix now. Watching it. So far, so good.

Done with ParaNorman. That was DAMN good.

• edited 2013-05-19 16:43:27
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

edit: CRAP WRONG LINK

(the right link: )

This is some sick shit. Also look up the film mentioned in the top comment:

Anyone else here on a creepy video spree from Don't Hug me I'm Scared?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Don't Hug me I'm Scared was really interesting.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Hearing that from the guy who watched A Serbian Film for the drama, I can hardly say I'm surprised. (Heh heh heh *SNORT*)

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

And now, the fourth and final character introduction for RWBY.

• And it's the worst of the bunch. Fun, but grating.

• Possibly one of the more weeaboo posts in this thread. Takaratomy have the Japanese dubs of the original Transformers cartoon and Beast Wars (at least for some episodes) on YouTube. I haven't seen the original cartoon for like a few years before finding this, I think. Just finished the original cartoon's 3-part pilot, and it's a little odd of an experience to watch an American mecha series dubbed in Japanese. Jazz/Meister and Cliff(jumper) sound a little plain compared to the original voices, and Ironhide isn't too great without the Southern accent (although maybe the Japanese voice tries for something similar, but I can't tell). Starscream sounds less uh, girly, which I don't mind. I'm not sure what to say about Megatron, since the original voice wasn't as good as the Transformers: Prime version, anyway even though Frank Welker voices both (in English, I mean). Optimus Prime/Convoy is kinda hard to judge, mainly because Peter Cullen is pretty much the definitive Optimus Prime already, so anybody else playing Prime can't ever really be as good a match. The Japanese narrator is definitely not as cool as Victor Carolli, though.