If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General Animation Thread

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

lol people are actually watching korra s.2

well i'm sure someone'll tell me if it sucks less than s.1, right

• You can change. You can.
    well i'm sure someone'll tell me if it sucks less than s.1, right

that's kind of a low standard.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

well, i'm certainly not watching it if it sucks more

• I'm a damn twisted person

Man wouldn't it be awesome if in the next season Korra woke up in the Spirit Realm and stumbled out into some place she had never been before and the whole season was basically her making her way back to Republic City? Like seeing how the rest of the world has changed since the first series instead of the shiny toy that is Republic City. 

And Mako can get frozen in an iceberg or something.

• edited 2013-02-28 11:44:40
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

^ I only see two (you have Red linked twice).

• Whoops. Should be fixed now.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Recently I watched Wizards. You know, by Ralph Bakshi. Supremely drugstastic. Seventies, I guess.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I heard Korra was good. Granted I only got like three episodes in before I lost interest, but that's just me being me.

Also we should talk about Ed Edd N Eddy and how it's amazing.

• edited 2013-02-28 18:11:34
    Has friends besides tanks now

I think the consensus around here was that it started well but started to decline as the writers put more focus on romantic crap than the main story.

And hey, I was a pretty big fan of Ed Edd N Eddy back in the day, too. Don't know if I'd still like it overall, but I'm still amused by Ed clips.

That's unfortunate. I sort of resent the idea that shows need a romantic subplot to be good. Catering to shippers is rarely a good business plan either.

As for EEnE I've found it to hold up on more recent re-watches. Though it doesn't make me laugh out loud anymore simply because I have almost every episode memorized at this point.

"2+2 = Ed" remains one of the great moments in cartoon history.

• edited 2013-02-28 18:16:25
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

The main problems with Korra were it being too short and trying to fit too much into a short season, and being a kids show that feels the need to cator to a happy ending and romantic subplot.

That said, Amon was a great villain (whose eventual motive was a little disappointing, with a great ending)

Also, Ed Edd n Eddy remains one of my favorite cartoons ever.

Have you watched the movie?

Asshole.

Did anyone not watch the movie? The movie is legendary.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Some people don't know about it, since it was made long after the series was over, and it took years for it to actually air in America.

idk I knew a guy on the Edtropolis forums who hooked a bunch of people up with a torrent.

First thing I ever torrented, I should note. When it finally came to the states that was like my fifth time watching it.

• edited 2013-02-28 18:21:46

Agreed. But I only just showed it to one of my friends about a month ago. He didn't even know it was a thing.

Also, the whole movie is on Youtube so -shrug-

the version on Youtube has a few scenes randomly clipped. Presumably to avoid copyright bots.

• edited 2013-03-08 23:54:41
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

"Children" by Mohammad Ahmed Fikree. He originally premiered it at the Dubai International Film Festival back in 2011, but the festival's rules prevented him from uploading it onto the Internet until very recently.

I'm only two minutes in, but I'm already wondering if that segment telling us about the monster was really necessary if they were just going to go straight on to show that.

That ending wasn't as happy as I'd hoped now I'm sad :(

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

^^^ I really like the art style of that video. The black foreground reminds me (obviously) of limbo, and helps create an ambiguity of the surroundings and a sense of fear. The colorful effects and the nice lighting creates a nice disparity between the peaceful beginning and the melancholy end. My only real complaint is how fucking silly that monster looks.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Hmm, looks like this is something to post in this thread: Paths of Hate.

• They're somethin' else.

3rd Strike's sprite animation.

what the hell is up with those bodies

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

stylization

loads of it

okay

but

why are blue girl's shoulders bigger than her head

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

it's her clothes

the shoulders are poofy

poof

• edited 2013-03-12 02:48:35

You've never heard of Chun-Li?

Of course I have but that's still ridiculous.

but that's like

how her shoulder-poofs actually are.