If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Videos you know you'll never use. (now SFW)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Wow.

That really illustrates the war-of-attrition nature of this battle (and frankly much of World War I). Kinda like two giant piles of armies in Risk beating each other into nothingness, except with actual people.

I remember noting that before WWI it seemed like the various European countries would use war as sort of a national "sport". After WWI, people realized that war in real life was no longer just some romanticized strategic wargame.
    lol that guy who boogied until he fell off the board
    i feel like i should split this into a linguistics thread
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
  • edited 2022-03-01 19:03:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

mini dwarfdude
    3 years ago

In England we have polite ravens

"Are you alright, love?"
    DavGP1208
    2 years ago

Raven: Appears in your window and whispers "Nevermore"
    Dad Raven: Wears a tank top in a sunny day and asks if you are alright
    Wayward
    1 year ago

Really it's pretty funny. From the raven's point of view, it figured out a human 'call' that humans will respond to and even repeat. From ours, it's asking if we are alright, so it's polite to ask it back/it startles humans into asking. Would be pretty hilarious if the bird rolled up to a guy, asked him if he was alright, and then got told his entire life story like what happens to me.
  • edited 2022-03-02 18:11:43
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    what the

how
    praise kek
  • So this is what I'm assuming happened. Make pepe out of black material that looks like her hair. Film the video showing her getting her hair in that loop. Cut video and tie the prepared pepe to her hair. Start the video and let all the smooth brains think she made this out of her hair.
    But... I want to believe...
    Ah, yep, that's been making the rounds.
    https://streamable.com/zetx4q

Anyone has a sense of what the song's title is?
    Unfortunately, I do not recognize it.

Do Midomi and/or Shazam work on it?

videos i need to find a use for:
  • Ant idea what's that thing on their necks?
    I've wondered that since the first time I saw Look Around You.

• edited 2022-03-24 23:51:32
    I get that last one (though not the music), but why is Ukrainian Pig a meme
  • edited 2022-03-25 07:22:42
    Very short video, but the meaning is rather clear.

The description, for reference:
    Russia’s foreign minister Lavrov said negotiations can begin once Russia “restores democratic order” in Ukraine.

As Russian troops neared Kyiv, Ukrainian MP Oleksiy Goncharenko was asked to respond.

I've actually ended up using this video a few times, in the course of conversation about events in Ukraine.
    Apparently it was a Russian stereotype about Ukrainians that they're obsessed with pork fat, which then became an anti-Ukrainian slur, which then turned into a symbol for Ukrainians. Because memes, also because the idea of silly-ass pork-obsessed peasants mopping the floor with these, supposedly, based he/him evil badasses that Russian army was supposed to be, is just too funny.

Also, it's kinda fun to see your own folks being the crazy evil bad guy for a change. I am told, though I have seen little actual Russian content to back that claim, that Russians kinda see us as these psychos who just won't let them be.

The song is from some game I have never heard of before the memes began to fly, Highfleet. I saw some comments which seem to imply the game plays the track when nukes are launched, or something like that. I'm gonna post the track in Music Dump thread.

I posted these videos for lack of a decent meme compilation, if I find any I might just edit the video and replace.
  • edited 2022-03-25 21:35:08
    FWIW I've seen the larger multi-panel comic where Demonic Grin Poland comes from; I forget where I saw it, but if I recall correctly, it's some sort of thing that depicts NATO as a person with a more aggressive pet dog labeled as Poland, and then there's a panel depicting that a bomb has landed in Ukraine and has cracked a bit of the ground in Poland and then this last panel has Demonic Grin Poland pointing to Article 5.

Also, don't knock pigs; pigs are surprisingly intelligent animals.

By the way, what's the dancing pig song?
    It's some silly-ass song about, ahem, well, let's say they are listing all the positions and ways you can do it in.

In case anyone's looking for a video of what happened tonight at the Oscars (which I entirely forgot was happening, because I normally don't pay attention to these things):