If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I FORGIVE YOU CAPCOM!

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I beat two bosses and was just wondering about that.

...I guess I'll have to do that again.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

The game doesn't have a save or password system.

Not even fucking joking.

Where's that "Ha ha. Oh wow." macro when you need it? 

• I am going to pretend that the 15 KB/s download speed I'm getting is just supposed to be part of the retro aesthetic.

• edited 2012-12-17 15:12:35
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

15 KB/s

15 KB

15 KB 

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

15 KB/s

yeah?

• Whelp. Only weapon I really used was the Optic Laser and Yoga Flame. Soul Satellite is okay I guess, it's still no Jewel Satellite, not by a long shot. Not to mention I honestly found Lightning Kick to be worse than Top Spin. I did feel the weapons were outclassed by the regular Mega Buster.

I'll add more to this once I wake up more.

It was a fun little diversion though. I'd replay it again to be honest. Also, want that soundtrack.

Aren't the master weapons usually outclassed by the regular Mega Buster anyway?

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-12-17 16:13:59

I felt that in the main games the weapons had a use for various scenarios inside the stages as well. Which is why I liked MM9's level design in incorporating their use into the Wily Stages. Also MM9 had awesome weapons, you may call them broken, but I say screw that, I loved them.

Overall, I found this game to be pretty easy. Urien's stage has one threatening part and he had a case of Toad Man-itis.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Metal Blade. :|

• Metal Blade 4 Life.

Come to think of it, one innovation that should be standardized in the Mega Man Classic featurelist should be dual-wielding Mega Buster and a master weapon.

The reason subweapons work in Castlevania is because your basic attack has very limited range and you can use your subweapon alongside your basic attack.

In Mega Man, your basic weapon is a long-range horizontal gun, but you have to switch out of that to use master weapons.  Except in Mega Man 8 I think.

If you could combine master weapons and the Mega Buster you could do stuff like raising a shield while shooting stuff, or adding contact damage to your usual activities, or using a master weapon to pick off mooks too low or too high to hit while fighting a boss.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-12-17 16:25:40

Boss wise, I think the game is okay, pretty easy for the most part. Did like how they weren't as pattern based as official Robot Masters. I tend to screw up with Rose the most though. I don't really think they were as bad as Needle Man or Shadow Man though.

Also, Tropical Hazard is a bitch to hit certain bosses with.

Overall, I felt it wasn't a bad game, but I feel that similar games like Rokko-Chan were better designed.

• Come to think of it, one innovation that should be standardized in the Mega Man Classic featurelist should be dual-wielding Mega Buster and a master weapon.

I'm pretty sure you could do that in Megaman 8 and probably also 7.  You just can't in the older ones because the NES only had two buttons.

• I know you could do it in Megaman X5 and X8, so I assume you also could in those in between (and X4).

• edited 2012-12-17 16:47:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't think you can in X4.

You definitely can't in 7.

Now you can rapid-switch between master weapons using the L and R buttons (or functional equivalents) in the X games and in 7 and 8 and others.  But I never really liked that system because it was always confusing which one I was getting next.

They should have instead done it as a paused-time switch with a graphical user interface shaped like a loop--the way you select your biometals in ZX.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-12-17 16:55:19
    I didn't mind the way they did it. Then I always paused the game to switch weapons.

Yeah, that's what I did, but I feel opening the whole menu is clunky and takes too long to use.  I might as well just brave it through with the Mega Buster, rather than constantly switch between weapons.

• Sometimes I need that slight break to relax for a bit in a tight spot.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You don't use a loop in ZX, you use a loop in ZXA

Rather you use a straight line of all your biomerges in the original.

• Man I'd kill for a game that was like Contra, Mega Man, and Metroidvania all in one.

• edited 2012-12-17 20:27:31

Well, I don't know about Contra, but Megaman ZX is kinda' metroidvaniaish.

Contra as far as I know is level-by-level.  Except possibly Hard Corps but that's like the weird entry I think.  I don't know much about it.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Well, I don't know about Contra, but Megaman ZX is kinda' metroidvaniaish.

that was sorely missed in ZXA

• Arc System Works should make another Contra game, but as a Metroidvania this time.

Would be the best game.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The game doesn't have a save or password system.

hahahhahahha, what?

• Yup, one sitting.

I don't like it either. :/

The stages seem to be pretty short, though, for what it's worth.

• Still a long long way to go before they put Mega Man on a similar level as Marvel vs Capcom. Or Resident Evil.

Hell, still a long way to go before they convince me to buy another Resident Evil game, either.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I wouldn't mind Resident Evil returned to it's 'stuck in a big spooky' place roots.

Of course, I have a twisted loyalty to Resident Evil so..

• Malkavian: Well at least there's games which fit that mold, if not the gameplay.

Ever played Lone Survivor?