If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I FORGIVE YOU CAPCOM!

edited 2012-12-08 19:01:42 in IJAM

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!

Ebin :D

I remember hearing about this before, but I think it was a fangame or something

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

December 16th: "We are sorry to announce that the PC download game Street Fighter X Megaman has been cancelled. Once again we put the reasoning as low fan involvement, and our penchant for destroying dreams. We hope you understand!"

• edited 2012-12-08 19:09:43
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^It is a fangame. Capcom is just publishing and endorsing it.

^You know, people complain about the Legends thing, but there really was no reason to think that game had a chance at turning a profit.

• edited 2012-12-08 19:11:14

Wow that's terrible.

I mean, the game actually looks fun and I'll play it, but seriously does Capcom realize how insulting it is when they start off the trailer for their new game by basically saying "We've been fucking you guys over for years BUT WAIT HERE'S A NEW GAME!"?  Also yet more NESploitation because God forbid Capcom actually put effort into creating assets and an engine for a new Megaman game and the only reason anyone says they want a good, new Megaman game is because they really just want to play Megaman 2 again, right?

Where is my ZX 3? WHEEEEEEEEEEERE?

• @DYRE: A valid point, good sir. Allow me to present my rebuttal to you:

toss you outta here

• edited 2012-12-08 19:15:52
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Also yet more NESploitation because God forbid Capcom actually put effort into creating assets and an engine for a new Megaman game and the only reason anyone says they want a good, new Megaman game is because they really just want to play Megaman 2 again, right?

I defended them above because I always found the Legends fallout to be remarkably silly, but I do feel obligated to point out that you're giving Capcom too much credit here: they didn't do any work on this game; they're just acknowledging its existence as a somehat-desperate PR move.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well at least it's a step in the right direction.

As opposed to, say, Squenix's C&D'ing Crimson Echoes and Sega's takedowns of Shining Force II(?) vids on Youtube.

• edited 2012-12-08 22:06:39
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>You know, people complain about the Legends thing, but there really was no reason to think that game had a chance at turning a profit.

Since Megaman Legends was, you know, not very good.

Also, complain about NES-sploitation all you want but the fact remains that this franchise -much like myself- peaked during the Clinton years and as such reviving that era is pretty much its best option.

• edited 2012-12-08 22:12:18

this franchise -much like myself- peaked during the Clinton years

They only actually made one NES Megaman game during that time, and it's not like Megaman 9 and 10 had any of the new things introduced in Megaman 6... >.>

• Watching the trailer again, does anyone else notice that Megaman appears to be using the slide for a short time?

• and it's not like Megaman 9 and 10 had any of the new things introduced in Megaman 6... >.>

Sure they did.  If you paid extra for DLC.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Technically speaking they barely made any Megaman games in that era. At that point it was about X.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Nope, I'm still going to be really upset about Legends 3.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

A brief history of Megaman Legends:

• Megaman legends comes out. Almost nobody buys it, and those who do view it as anywhere from terrible to kinda okay, depending on the system.

• Capcom really liked Megaman Legends, so they make a second game despite the first one being a flop. It's a significant step up -- a few more people buy it, though still few enough that the two combined didn't even make back the development costs of the first one, but at least this time there aren't any outright bad versions.

• Apparently Capcom really, really likes this series, because eventually they decide to do some market research to see if a third one might have a chance at selling a few copies, despite having no reason to think that's the case.

• Almost nobody demonstrates interest.

• They cancel it because they can't just go around burning money on things nobody wants.

• A number of people at least an order of magnitude greater than the number of people who have played a MML game fly into a rage.

The best thing with Megaman's name on it in the past decade has been the Archie comic by Ian Flynn. And he's not like Sonic where any piece of crap with their name attached will sell decently.

Also, Capcom has plenty of other horses in the stable that do return a profit. Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, I'm sure an Okami sequel would make some nice returns...

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The best thing with Megaman's name on it in the past decade has been the Archie comic by Ian Flynn

Damn, I need to catch up on that. And comics in general :/

I'm sure an Okami sequel would make some nice returns

There was one. It did...okay, I think? I never picked it up, and haven't really heard much about it since it was announced.

I thought it only got a wii port.

• There was a sequel for the DS.

• edited 2012-12-09 01:18:03
    You can change. You can.

No, it got a DS sequel

^ haaaaaaaaaaaaaate

• So it's not a guaranteed sell well game...

Okay maybe not that one, but Street Fighter and Resident Evil alone will sell units no matter what.

• They're somethin' else.

I haven't forgiven Capcom, but I'm relieved to see that they know talent when they see it.

• The best thing with Megaman's name on it in the past decade has been the Archie comic by Ian Flynn.

Are those really good? Because, by all accounts, most of the Megaman Zero series was pretty good, and so was Megaman Battle Network... it's the mainline series (Megaman/Megaman X) that's been churning out poor to mediocre stuff recently.

• You can change. You can.

most of the Megaman Zero series was pretty good

I honestly can't think of any of the Zero games that's been particularly disliked.

(I kinda disliked 4 for the most part, but it wasn't particularly bad. Certainly better than X7)

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Clockwork, I know all the justification. I'm still allowed to be upset and disappointed and angry.

How did Star Force do on the quality department?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Passable, but a step down from Battle Network.

The Archie comics are very good, in fact. Think Philip K. Dick for kids and you're halfway there.

The zero games.... were pretty good, yeah. I'll give that.

^^^You're allowed to. That doesn't make it reasonable.

• That doesn't make it reasonable.

It's unreasonable to be upset that CAPCOM didn't make a game that you were looking forward to, because some other people might not have been?