If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Gravity Falls

13»

Comments

• edited 2012-09-18 21:15:55
    Loser

On the topic of gifs,  I guess there is this one.

Posthumanism

Also, someone made rap music (with hateful lyrics of course) about Gravity Falls. It seems like it is worth a listen if you are into things like that.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The dude also does a podcast called the Gravity Falls which is worth a listen.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^ Gravity Falls Gossiper.

^^ I've actually got that song on my iPod.  And that gif is great.

• edited 2012-09-28 19:24:08
    smote

Just watched the Time Traveler's Pig, so I'm almost caught up on this. I can't believe there actually was an evil time devouring baby.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Remember how people have described Gravity Falls as Twin Peaks for kids? The description is particularly apt after the newest episode (Little Dipper) where Gideon goes from being an annoying creeper to glittery hair to the wall full on crazy. Gideon and his family would fit in perfectly as demented residents of Twin Peaks.

Then again, Agent Cooper teaming up with Dipper and Mabel would be the best thing ever. 

There was some solid stuff in that episode (when isn't there) but I didn't get into it as much as the other episodes.

Of course maybe it just had the misfortune to come after Fight Fighters.

• edited 2012-09-30 18:06:47
    smote

Something that kinda bugs me about Fight Fighters: the premise of the episode is that Dipper's not a good fighter, but pretty much every episode shows that he has insanely good reflexes, plus he beat the multi-bear. Is Robbie really more of a threat than a bear made of ten bears?

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Yeah that bugged me too. I mean Dipper should have been able to at least play the dodging game with the video game guy for longer than he did.
  • edited 2012-10-06 20:18:47
    Loser

Apparently the people who dumped the loser candy in "Summerween" were the teenagers who loved hateful rap music a while back, which I guess means that we maybe can expect them the next time a villain needs somebody to blame via flashback.

I appreciated the loser candy storyline because it seems so true and because the substandard Mystery Shack candy was reminiscent of something you would find in a Poundland. It does make me kind of curious though. Does anyone here actually like candy corn and circus peanuts?

Also, it is nice to know that people know to celebrate what really matters.

evil laugh

I also have to say I was surprised by how creepy the episode was. Dude was like a combination of No Face, Candle Jack, and Slenderm

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I know I say this a lot but I think Summerween might be my new favorite.

• Ruining the halloween store

• Waddles in a suit

• Grunkle Stan existing

• "I've been twamatized!"

• "I ate a man alive tonight."

• edited 2012-10-19 23:13:55
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Okay, I finally caught up on the series. Fucking fantastic. (One day this week in my Animation class, half of the students spent the whole period watching episodes 5-7. It was excellent.)

(And then I found out the next episode isn't until Nov. 2, so now I'm sad.)

Stand-outs to me are ep. 4 (for genuinely disturbing villain and legitimately surprising twist ending) and ep. 12 (I think Forzare already summed it up nicely). I think ep. 7 is my favorite overall, though. (There's something inherently amusing about watching a character interact with him/herself, and I think "Double Dipper" is my favorite take on the concept that I've seen.)

• So, my brother just recommended this show. On one hand, he did recommend Adventure Time, which is awesome. On the other, he also recommended MLP which is significantly less so.

So tell me, what would you say of it?

• You can change. You can.

I only watched the first episode. I liked it and I think the description it gets as Twin Peaks as a cartoon kinda sorta works, depending on the episode.

At the very least it does reference Twin Peaks occasionally.

• Never seen the series, but this popped up in the Ken Ashcorp feed and wasn't posted yet:

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I've seen a couple episodes here and there. Fun series, but I don't have TV so I don't get to watch it as regularly as I might like.

Also, someone made rap music (with hateful lyrics of course) about Gravity Falls. It seems like it is worth a listen if you are into things like that.

Adam War-Rock is a cool person. 

Also one of the few nerdcore rappers to come out in recent years who isn't trying to be another nerdcore rapper. 

^ Aww hell yeah.

In other news, this hiatus is literally killing me.

• "When fighting a Gremloblin, use water...only as a last resort, as water will make him much much scarier. Who writes sentences like that?"

Well, it seems like the hiatus is over. Does anyone have thoughts on the new episode?

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

It's good to be back. Also, the Gremloblin's worst fear was brilliant.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

That was a fantastic episode, great plot, great jokes, great overall.

Someone needs to make a .gif of Dipper with that Medieval Flail.

The last episode was pretty great. The show's high points aren't usually physical comedy -I mean when it does it it's great but they're not the memorable parts- but Mermando flailing around was genius.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

The kid in the pool grate was hilarious as well. "Go, Mabel, go! We can't all be saved..."

• No rainbow star
    So my sister's usual shows weren't on, but the Fight Fighter's episode was on, so I watched it with her

Instant fan

Now to find all the episodes

^^The bit with the American flag is the part that killed it for me.

• Well, I can say I am now a fan of this show now. Fight Fighters, Summerween and Headhunters being my favorite episodes so far.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Me too, the credits stingers have been getting better and better.

Though nothing will beat Larry King saying "Llamas are nature's greatest warriors".