If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I make posts...

edited 2012-06-27 19:41:50 in Webspace

...and then I don't return to them for hours because I know I said something really really stupid, and I don't want to see everyone's reaction.

Can anyone else relate to this?

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yes.

• Generally, I've gotten a lot better about making stupid posts around here, as evidenced by the way you could hardly point out a recent stupid post I made.

• a little muffled

I have left entire forums for this reason before.

• You can change. You can.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

How much of a pussy can you guys be?

• You can change. You can.

well, when you're 13 years old, you really care about how people look at you. *shrug*

• a little muffled

Yeah, I didn't say recently.

• This should be pretty universal in this day and age.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

Yes.

• Nope. I stick by what I say and I don't post unless I am sure of it.

• Yes.

• edited 2012-06-28 07:04:55
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

Partly. I just tend to delete/blank posts, when I realized that I said something stupid. Kind of like DYRE, except that it doesn't happen so frequently to me.

• Nope. I stick by what I say and I don't post unless I am sure of it.

so, do you post at all? because to be completely 100% sure of something, is kinda impossible.

• I post fairly frequently. And I disagree, there are many things I am 100% sure of. 

• edited 2012-06-28 14:04:28
    Loser

Nyarly,

Partly. I just tend to delete/blank post, when I realized that I said something stupid.

Ditto, but I tend to agree with TheConductor about not posting when you feel unsure about what you are saying too. While I think talking a break to look at what you are going to say and how other people might respond to it is certainly worthwhile, it does not totally eliminate the possibility that your post will end up sounding pointless, awkward, or harsh.

That is why I believe erring on the side of caution and not posting as much as one would like has some advantages. Of course, that attitude has some disadvantages as well, especially if you want to feel more like a part of the community, which probably explain why posting habits tend to vary from person to person.