If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The ~Magic~ of Hollywood

edited 2012-06-18 20:23:06 in Media
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

In which we talk about wonderous new films that are coming out or possibly coming out in the future. 

Such as Raging Bull 2, a remake of Twilight, and Yogi Bear 2. Films of this caliber are what makes the studio system so... wonderful...

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

why

• You can change. You can.

because we all must atone for horrible crimes such as liking good movies

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    this just in: not all movies are good

film at eleven
  • edited 2012-06-18 21:06:35
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Twilight remake

goddammit i thought i was done with this shit after all the movies came out

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

but all the movies aren't out yet

• And the spiderman remake looks... bad.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

this just in: not all movies are good

It doesn't look so bad, from what I've seen of it. Better than the third movie.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    It doesn't look so bad, from what I've seen of it. Better than the third movie.

I wanted to like that movie, I like topher grace, I like James Franco, but that movie...

There's almost no chance that the Spider-man remake will have a scene as beautiful as Sandman reforming himself.

Or that Lizard will be as fun as James Franco hamming it up as Green Goblin.

no, but on the other hand, I doubt it will have Spider-Man hitting Mary Jane for no particular reason.

I think the reboot has good things going on for it, but it still has that scene with Gwen and Peter where he throws her out of a window and picks her with a web.

it's like

why

It does have him throwing Gwen Stacy off a building for no reason though.

Careful there Pete. You could snap someone's neck that way.

i will reserve judgement for when I go watch it.

I will watch it but I'm not expecting Ends of the Earth or Kraven's Last Hunt here, really.

I just want Marvel to get back the movie rights so he can be in crossover movie.

But yeah, I'll probably watch it because I am a fanboy.

I just want Marvel to get back the movie rights so he can be in crossover movie.

Then hope it sucks so bad and gets such a bad rap that Sony will not want to cash in.

I think it's more likely they'll just keep making sub-par mid-budget movies for modest returns, unfortunately.

Does the contract allow for a collaboration of some kind?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Even if they start making actual losses?

Really can't they be persuaded to make a collaborative work?

Spider-Man doesn't seem like the kind of title that would cause losses, but if that happens, they'll probably drop it.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The thing is that, right now, Sony owns the sole rights to use Spiderman on the big screen. Marvel can't do this, which means that Sony currently controls all income from films featuring Spiderman. If they don't use Spiderman on film for X number of years, the rights revert back to Marvel. Ergo, Sony will keep making Spiderman movies to hold on to the rights. 

Given that any halfway decent film featuring a beloved character of modern mythology is almost guaranteed to make a return, this state of affairs could continue for some time. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

Damnit Juan stop reminding me Spider Island will never be a movie.

Well maybe a cartoon movie. I could dig that actually.

I actually want a cartoon adapting Slott's run. The whole thing

i'd cry tears of joy

• I'm a damn twisted person

With Avenging Spider-man team up filler episodes.

Shit man. Just holy fuck man.

guys guys how about we become rich and create our own animation studio

we just have to become supervillains and rob banks first

Spider Island would actually make for a bitching video game.

Honestly, I know I'll regret this forever when I see it on the stands, but Spider Island would be a pretty sweet MMO