If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    There might be a new BLEACH anime announced pretty soon. I'd love to see the whole manga adapted so I can compare the final volumes to the final episodes (if I ever buy v74 that is).

I've noticed that some manga available from Yen Press in print aren't available digitally, like Karneval and Are You Alice?. I've always been curious about both series (especially since watching the Karneval anime), but I don't know if I'd be willing to go in on the manga without checking it out first (despite loving the anime, I never really connected with the devils and realist manga).

Meanwhile:

Magical Girl Recruitment Down Due to Anti-Magical Girl Anime Propaganda
  • edited 2020-03-12 05:53:30
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    thanks to the power of Melocure's music i have fallen in love with a character from a franchise i haven't even watched before

what do
    Watch the danged anime!
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    oh there actually are fate garnd order animes

fug
    Please don't tell me you mean Mash Kyrielight~
  • edited 2020-03-13 06:57:06
    don't underestimate the power of a Melocure ballad
    also
    Please don't tell me you mean Mash Kyrielight~
    why not?
  • edited 2020-03-15 13:02:40
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    To fall in love with the most popular (or at the very least, most promoted) girl in an extremely popular game that features over a hundred other characters is very expected, is all.

But I mean, that's why we love you.

Update on the Pri☆Chan situation. IRL Daia is now using the first blonde Daia avatar, whilst the AI V-Tuber Daia uses her blue haired avatar. So it seems they will be separate characters from now on.
    Well keep in mind I haven't actually played that game or watched that show at all, and I've just seen the character before.

Also, wouldn't it be more of my thing to fall in love with a very obscure character?
    It's more likely for you to see the character since she's the most popular.

As for the second question; no? I mean, it could be an obscure work, but not an obscure character. Two very different things. I mean, your favorite iM@S is Chihaya.
    But my favorite Escha & Logy character is Linca and my favorite skywalker flying circus athlete is Saki.
    Neither is a main girl, but neither is extremely obscure either.

There will be yet another Date A Live anime (the fourth), which is quite impressive I'd say.
  • edited 2020-03-20 16:09:15
    Well I just cancelled my TOM Premium membership renewal (which would have come up tomorrow, which is a week before my current membership expires).

Their recent policy of making it so that you can only blow TOM points on half your order's subtotal...I can understand how that might make business sense, but unfortunately, between that and the fact that I'm running out of things to buy, makes the membership less valuable to me.

I literally only bought from them four times over the year, and each time beyond the first, I had to rummage through their store looking for what to get. I searched a variety of names of different anime series, game series, and musical artists, and eventually built up a wishlist that consisted mostly of things that were long out of stock. The few things I did wishlist tended to never really get to a price at which I'd want to pick them up, though by piling on a variety of discounts -- TOM points from my membership and from writing reviews, store coupons, and discounts on the items themselves in many cases -- that justified my picking them up. But when it got to the point where I basically had to take an entire day to think through a TOM order, the "transaction costs" to me are just too darned high.

And so is shipping, honestly. I might have stuck around if they had an option like "wait until the next shipment to consolidate all shipping into the store's own bulk shipping and then get everything sent from the US warehouse instead, even if waiting takes several months". And that would also reduce the number of shipments and thus the number of boxes (and thereby being more environmentally-friendly).

I have some CDJapan points that are gonna expire soon. Chances are low I'll blow them on anything, unless the site also gives me a coupon that provides a better than 10% discount.

I have yet to make a Mandarake account. Been too busy.
  • edited 2020-03-21 04:51:18
    The few things I did wishlist tended to never really get to a price at which I'd want to pick them up

Pro-tip: only honestly put things on a wishlist if you intend to buy them at full price and are saving up for them. Otherwise, they'll remain wishes for a long time (especially as they sell out, though I know things don't really sell out on TOM).
    wait until the next shipment to consolidate all shipping into the store's own bulk shipping and then get everything sent from the US warehouse instead, even if waiting takes several months"

I don't want to ignite another retail debate but you understand how this would be bad business sense right?
    I have some CDJapan points that are gonna expire soon.

When I was young I used to take these very seriously but then it turned out most of the points that expired were birthday points or like 20 points off an order from whenever I'd accidentally forgotten about.
    I have yet to make a Mandarake account. Been too busy.

My advice is find one site and stick to it. I only really do online business with CDJ and Amazon UK nowadays because it helps keep my mind focused. I mean, I use AmiAmi for exclusives (Pretty All Friends goods most recently) but otherwise I only use/browse the first two (unless I'm on a window shopping kick on eBay or Saks Fifth Avenue).

Meanwhile:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I guess I need to finish reading the Bleach manga now.
  • I might have stuck around if they had an option like "wait until the next shipment to consolidate all shipping into the store's own bulk shipping and then get everything sent from the US warehouse instead, even if waiting takes several months"

I know BigBadToyStore had this feature when I bought from them. But I think they were unique in actually holding things for several months. HobbyLink Japan had a similar feature but held things for way shorter time.

Anyway, I kinda love that Mash seems like a manifestation of Nasu's preference for Sakura over the other Fate/stay Night main heroines. Since she's the girl with human experimentation in her backstory and weird hair color who can't stop saying "senpai". But also her powers are from a hero much better than King Arthur.
  • edited 2020-03-21 15:14:16
    > Pro-tip: only honestly put things on a wishlist if you intend to buy them at full price and are saving up for them. Otherwise, they'll remain wishes for a long time

They're only "wishes" in the sense that they're on a "wishlist"; for me it's more like a watchlist.

> (especially as they sell out, though I know things don't really sell out on TOM).

They do. I've run into out-of-stock items, and seen items with limited availability, and even bought the last item, a bunch of times now.

Sometimes they indicate how many of an item they still have left. Sometimes they don't. I've unwittingly bought the last item without the indication that it's the last item, at least a few times now.

> I don't want to ignite another retail debate but you understand how this would be bad business sense right?

I guess i can see how it could be a logistical nightmare when scaled up then managed inappropriately.

> My advice is find one site and stick to it. I only really do online business with CDJ and Amazon UK nowadays because it helps keep my mind focused.

For otaku stuff, I have TOM (which is now basically tapped out), CDJ (which is probably close to being tapped out), and Mandarake (unexplored). Amazon (and I guess Amazon.co.jp which I've yet to screw with) always exists as a backup, but I'd rather not buy from Amazon if I can avoid it.
    I kinda love that Mash seems like a manifestation of Nasu's preference for Sakura over the other Fate/stay Night main heroines. Since she's the girl with human experimentation in her backstory and weird hair color who can't stop saying "senpai".

I never noticed this. Though I don't know much about Mash's backstory but I bet it's like not as bad as Sakura's. I think. Probably.

Nobody's is, really.
    and I guess Amazon.co.jp which I've yet to screw with

Amazon JP is a rabbit hole you don't want to go down. Especially with older singles from secondary sellers...
    ijfmhC0.jpg

I watched the second episode of Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future. Others (exactly one blogger) have said that this is the best part of the whole Pretty Rhythm series (possibly making it the objectively best part of the whole Pretty Series) but... I don't see it. This image perfectly captures the protagonist's attitude at every point in the whole show.

The other characters are fun, but it tends for the very basic sort of humor. If it gets better, it has to really, really get better.

It is one of the few kid's anime where like... 5/9 of the main cast are Korean, so that's unique.

Also, I can't ever really disapprove of Pretty Series;

K1w14Is.jpg
    > This image perfectly captures the protagonist's attitude at every point in the whole show.

So she's a fire-breathing dragon. Hot.
  • I just assumed he meant "will probably be reported missing after an arson incident one day".

QlsD5L5.jpg
  • edited 2020-03-23 04:50:59
    Huh, they do look oddly similar.

I mean she's really really obnoxious and noisy and selfish.

So in Magia Record, which is about circumstances as important as life and death (as much as they can be when you trade your soul away via a pretty rock to a cat type physicist alien species and become an animated golem)...

In episode 3 of Princess Principal (episode 2 in canon order),
    [20:14:22] [GMH] just watched a video of someone showing off what the different cabin rooms are like on his cargo ship
    [20:14:48] [GMH] for some reason i'm suddenly imagining what if i'm living on a ship
    [20:15:01] [GMH] what if where i'm living is a ship
    [20:15:19] [GMH] and then i put on the Arpeggio of Blue Steel OST
    [20:15:51] [GMH] and now i'm thinking about how the AIs in that story are about changing from thinking in terms of strategic antagonism to developing personal relationships
    [20:16:07] [GMH] and that's kinda the story's theme about what it means to be human
    Ten episodes into The Price of Smiles, and I'm still baffled that such an amazing series, which has brought me to tears so many times, has such a low score on MAL. Maybe it could still screw the pooch in the last two episodes, but I doubt it'll end too badly. But the rest of the series so far has had such amazing and well-polished storytelling. The short form of this story means the only drawback is that I never really got to "live with" the characters for very long and get to know them really well, but even so the series has done a good job with the time they've had available.
  • edited 2020-03-24 13:21:03
    I'm still baffled that such an amazing series, which has brought me to tears so many times, has such a low score on MAL.

Welcome to my life!

To be entirely honest, the first time I came across the main twist I was like, what the honest to goodness heck Egao no Daika, but it sat better with me over time and I was able to see is as part of the narrative rather than a jarring moment.

I am not a fan of how the ACCA: Regards OVA is just fanservice for a series that doesn't require it, but it really entered trolling territory when they had a very vague plot that is very explicitly revealed to be nothing to be concerned about and then just point it out:

4wqdk3L.jpg

I understand that the OVA was based on a stage reading, so that's why there are lots of tangents just showing off random characters' eloquence (especially with how well everything is timed to the music) but at almost 50m that is was a lot to take in.

And we most certainly do not require a prequel OVA.

(going by recent posts in other threads, my posts will look really, really weird if imgur ever goes down).
    > the main twist

Was that even a twist? I thought it was mentioned a number of times already, long before the big reveal about how that one key piece of the underlying setting mechanics worked.
  • edited 2020-03-25 04:27:09
    Ah, you're right, I misremembered.

What I meant was when they talk about how the planet was a space colony, they mention the mechanics of how the energy on the planet works and I was like...

okay, that's an idea.

I think mainly it was because this is something everyone should have known, but they didn't, and then they had to explain why nobody knew.

I still don't love it but I at least no longer think it's extremely out of left field.
  • edited 2020-03-25 11:18:28
    Yeah, that's the spoiler reveal. But they make multiple mentions before that that their ancestors used to live in another world. This goes as far back as Princess Yuki talking about the sunflowers, as well as the battle simulator being set in a virtual reconstruction of Tokyo, in the first two episodes.
    krKF5Vb.jpg
    PgyRIVj.jpg

This is always the best sort of advice.
    > How can I do a Prism Act?

Talk to Congress.
    Theoretically, you could talk to Congress during a Prism Act for whatever reason.

Also, the Prism is all around us and in all of our hearts, which is sort of the same as being surveilled at all times!