If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-07-10 14:50:29
    Has friends besides tanks now

She's nineteen. And a little further up (on the last page. >.>), Mr. W said he's sixteen. And Tre's shown up a few times, and I think he's only, like, fourteen.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Well then I am a derp.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I remember that I felt old in the general TVT-related community, until this IJBM happened and suddenly everyone was 20-something like myself.  

• You can change. You can.

Really? Most of the people on TvT seemed to be on the 18-27 year old age range. Or at least, the ones I talked to.

of course you are secretly an old bitter man so whatever

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    still eighteen over here

woooooo

Really? Most of the people on TvT seemed to be on the 18-27 year old age range. Or at least, the ones I talked to.

It was that way for awhile. Then a bunch of 15-17 year olds moved in.

I recall that for a long time myself, Katrika and Blammy were really the only people in Yack Fest under 18. 

That I remember, anyhow. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

I'm 12 years old, what is this?

Seriously happy birthday Nova. Hopefully you will get something delicious to eat out of it.

• Video Game Dudes is ending =(

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    You guys better have bought it.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

found this essay by Micheal Moorcock about how most SF is paternalistic and reactionary. Seems pretty interesting, if a bit hard to follow.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

FINALLY finished transcribing the piano instrumental version of "READY!!", the first opening theme of The iDOLM@STER, as heard in episode 4.

Goodness, I don't want to hear anymore of these four characters discussing putting one's heart into cooking, anymore, for a while at least.

Have you ever tried to write down exactly what notes were being played in the background of a scene, and trying to "hear over" the characters' conversation (which is of course far louder)?

Sheesh.

Next up is "i", another piano instrumental version, but which fortunately shows up in the OST in pure form.

After that, it's "Promising Future" from Kiddy Grade.  And then I'm going to stop doing dictations for a while.  They're a huge pain in the ass, even if they're immensely rewarding afterwards.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Texts From Hinamizawa has more followers than posts.

what the shit is this

The sound of progress, my friend.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Twenty here...

We moved on. I am sad.

Forzare: I recommended it to five seperate people. 

Where's the Ouya thread? There was an article about it recently, and they also unveiled a picture of the controller.

^^ Thanks!

no prob.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Seriously happy birthday Nova. Hopefully you will get something delicious to eat out of it.

I can get Subway for lunch?

• You can change. You can.

i dunno. it all depends on how much are you willing to steal and kill

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Wow that Ouya thing looks cool, let me check it out!

> Android-based operating system

welp

So was the GP2X ever a thing?

• It was definitely a real thing that existed.

> Android-based operating system
    welp

That's literally the only thing worrying me about this, given the way their attempt at a laptop turned out.

however, it's Android based, rather than actually Android. And the OS is also completely hackable (like everything else on the console), so I'm not that worried.

what’s with the texts from last night posts being combined with higurashi screencaps? 

THEY AREN’T FUNNY. AND IT’S RUINING THE TAG.

you guys I got my first hater, does this mean I'm popular
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

yes

You are net-popular.

I'm so proud. 

• edited 2012-07-10 21:34:57
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

however, it's Android based, rather than actually Android. And the OS is also completely hackable (like everything else on the console), so I'm not that worried.

I guess.

I'm just reminded of the terrible failures of previous Android devices that were not tablets (and even then, there are far more terrible than good Android phones). For example, the Motorola Xoom shipped with a nonfunctioning MicroSD card slot. And to activate 4G functionality (which was promised from the outset), you had to send the tablet in to Motorola and have them install the necessary hardware.

Then there was the ASUS Transformer, which shipped with a completely nonfunctional GPS because ASUS never bothered to check to see if the GPS would work on a machine completely cloaked in aluminum.

And now we have the Nexus 7, which... well, here's a quote from one of the most positive reviews of the tablet:

"The new Google tablet doesn’t have all the features of the iPad. For instance, it lacks a cellular connectivity option, a rear camera and the iPad’s dazzling screen resolution. Its base model has half the memory of the iPad’s. It offers fewer content choices — music, movies, TV shows — than either the Apple or Amazon devices do. It also has very few apps designed for a tablet, as opposed to a phone, while the iPad boasts over 200,000 apps for tablet use. And its screen area is less than half the size of the iPad’s."

This review failed to mention that the tablet is of such poor build quality that users have already started reporting cases of permanent screen burn-in

tl,dr; Android sucks

• edited 2012-07-10 21:36:02
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^, ^^ bitchin

yep