If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

The first mission involves you blowing a hole in the roof of a bank and airlifting the vault whilst shooting helicopters. The second mission has you fighting through a plane, freefalling surrounded by crates, cars, and people trying to kill you, then shooting through the windscreen of another plane and going through it.

In hindsight, this seems perfectly normal, considering the stuff that comes later. At this stage, I didn't expect to fight off a small-scale (as in, only in a part of the city) zombie apocalypse under the order of Mayor Burt Reynolds (sorry, I meant Burt Fucking Reynolds) and drive a pixel tank from a pre-8-bit syle video game, with appropriate beepy sounds and cube-shaped cannonballs, around.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Watich Revolutionary Girl Utena and I like it so far. Utena is a really good and likable character. She’s got a good combination of tomboyishness and femininity to her. I really dig the play on gender in the series.I’m not particularly fond of Anthy, though that’s mostly because she hasn’t done much yet though I expect that to change.

I like the imagery, the symbolism, the use of color, and I like how things are all decided in a big old swordfight.

Also I shouldn’t have worn my yuri goggles while watching this show because they overloaded and now I have to take them into the shop to get fixed.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Only three more episodes of Lost left and that makes me sad all over again.  I really do love this show so much.

I think I'll write up a big post with my thoughts when it's all over and done.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Just found out there's going to be a new Lupin III TV series. Whee.

^WHAT IS THIS EMOTION IS THIS WHAT YOU CALL JOY?

• I’m not particularly fond of Anthy, though that’s mostly because she hasn’t done much yet though I expect that to change.

You're right about that.  Though, it does take quite a while, from what I remember. 

Also, it's probably worth noting that Utena's character is very heavily based on Oscar François de Jarjayes from Rose of Versailles, and that's where much of the series's play on gender comes from as well.  Though Utena does take it further.

• You can change. You can.

I’m not particularly fond of Anthy, though that’s mostly because she hasn’t done much yet though I expect that to change.

Well, she does get slapped a lot. that's something, right?

• edited 2012-03-10 15:11:53
    No rainbow star
    WHY did I read every word on that Witcher/D&D debate, including Everest's late addition, when I don't even play those!? ;.;

Extreme masochism?

• I do that all the time, that's why I know so much about stuff I don't play in the least. You're not alone. XD

• edited 2012-03-10 16:04:20
    No rainbow star
    ^ Wait, aren't you in the Calgary area?

If so, then we can blame this on the water supply driving us mad :D
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Can't you just blame it on being Canadian? :P

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

WHY did I read every word on that Witcher/D&D debate, including Everest's late addition, when I don't even play those!? ;.;

Same reason we wrote it.

You have nothing better to do with your life.

you people need better hobbies

• No rainbow star
    ^ Hey, my hobbies are wide and varied! They include IJBM and... Erm... Uh...

Shut up! ಠ_ಠ
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

you people need better hobbies

obviously i should get into M:tG

a much better thing to waste my life on, amirite

• No rainbow star
    ^ You know he's going to say yes

indeed!

• To be fair Icalasari, it's been pretty sunny as of late. Of course, knowing how vengeful Old Man Winter is...

I waste mine of Comic books and JRPGs that are nut-punchingly frustrated.

Atlus is trying to give me a heart attack before I turn 30.

>Comic books

and that's why we're bros

no, seriously, that's like the only thing that connects us. Otherwise, I would have murdered you already.

You forgot about misanthropy.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

speaking of comics, today I walked into my local comics store and was instantly reminded of why I don't buy comics

You forgot about misanthropy.

I don't hate people outside of the internet. 

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Playing online chess.

Being a trained chess player and knowledgable of chess theory, I get utterly baffled when people use wild, chaotic openeing tactics. It confuses me, since I'm used to seeing players following established tactics. The worst thing is when they actually turn out to be skilled players. Clever amateur or someone who's intentionally fucking with me?

Being a trained chess player and knowledgable of chess theory, I get utterly baffled when people use wild, chaotic openeing tactics. It confuses me

this is why we do it

• No rainbow star
    Ninja: We really should hang out some time

"Nobody's perfect"

"How can you say that while I'm here?"

"You're exhibit A, actually"

I have the best friends.

Keep that ego in check~

I was the one who started the exchange, actually. :p