If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What was it?
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    That treating politics as a be-all end-all can quite literally destroy all of your friendships.
    well technically that has a lot to do with politics lol

but yeah
    Y'know I haven't changed my desktop background in forever.
  • edited 2020-06-04 22:05:37
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    There's an interesting story these days that does not involve politics. A woman in the US discovered she just might be a child abducted some twenty years ago in Poland. She kind of found herself on a missing persons website once she was told she was adopted. Looks like the next step is DNA test.
    A woman in the US discovered she just might be a child abducted

For a second I thought this was the Madeleine McCann developments, but then I remember that they're much less promising.

As I mentioned in another thread; I just spent 20 minutes trying to instruct my grandma on how to connect to her own wi-fi, over the phone. It did not work. Do you know how hard it is to instruct somebody about computer stuff when they can't see the screen?

Did you know that even when you instruct people as to what the windows key is and where it is, they will still ask you what the windows key is if the explanation was given ten minutes ago?

One reason I love this place:

One thread: You are wrong about EVERY SINGLE THING AND IDEA on the WHOLE PLANET!!!!!

Other thread: You should try out these songs, they're really great!
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Another thread: here's how my life sucked today.
  • edited 2020-06-06 05:23:14
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Reading stuff on here... I can't believe that we've all actually changed.

I mean, obviously, there are people from the past who would show up now and definitely say outright that I've been replaced by a Russian bot. But not just in the obvious issues, in other areas too.

To prove that I'm a Russian bot, here's an image I've posted many times, each time for absolutely no reason.

sB0Fkv2.jpg
    FWIW there's a members-only category you can use if you want.
  • edited 2020-06-05 15:32:10
    Is this your way of telling me you want to come back and relive my embarrassment for years to come?

Also; I sure had a lot of words today.
  • edited 2020-06-08 14:20:07
    IJBM too taught me to be more open, I sometimes regret missing opportunities to engage with others back when the place was more active, so I thought wherever else I went, I should try to be more open, although not with good results (it's not the right time to mention more).
    That was long. There was more I was supposed to post, or maybe that was in the other thread. Well, I'll remember in due time.
    I sure had a lot of words today.
    Sometimes I wonder how you guys write so much so quickly.
    As I mentioned in another thread; I just spent 20 minutes trying to instruct my grandma on how to connect to her own wi-fi, over the phone. It did not work. Do you know how hard it is to instruct somebody about computer stuff when they can't see the screen?
    At first I thought this said "when you can't see their screen" but now I'm confused.
    One reason I love this place:

One thread: You are wrong about EVERY SINGLE THING AND IDEA on the WHOLE PLANET!!!!!

Other thread: You should try out these songs, they're really great!
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

well, isn't this how the real world works anyway

also i was gonna post another comment here but it is entirely about US politics so i guess it goes to the other thread lol
  • edited 2020-06-06 05:24:22
    At first I thought this said "when you can't see their screen" but now I'm confused.

That is indeed what I meant.
    isn't this how the real world works anyway

I think one of the main complaints about real life nowadays is that people want to treat "The Personal Is The Political" as a mantra and not a scary "please-don't-do-this" life lesson.
    Perhaps in the future you'll laugh about all this instead?

Yeah my dark past is pretty hilarious.

I am honestly not sure what I am on today but a part of me wants to ensure it happens slightly less frequently.

Maybe because I woke up with all the energy of a "I'm gonna fight GMH" type deal today and it fizzled out, but then that energy had to go somewhere eventually.
    I sure had a lot of words today.
    I have spent far, far too much time arguing with people on the internet in recent weeks.

Also I am increasingly tired of braining. This probably contributed to it.
    I have so many words about everything and it's kind of starting to worry me.

According to the google "braining" is when you hit someone really hard in the head.
    lol, that is most definitely not what I meant
  • edited 2020-06-06 18:27:34
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Problem: metal plate for bathroom vanity is rusting

Dad's solution: ignore for now

Mom's solution: buy a new bathroom vanity light, which looks better than the old one

My solution: hmm, i have a blank canvas now, what colors or other decorations can I apply to the plate?
  • edited 2020-06-07 02:13:35
    There's a series of web videos called Baman Piderman which are humorous videos with intentionally derpy characterization and general style to them. One of the episodes is centered around the joke "What do you get when you eat all the potatoes?".

I randomly because of one of @Bluesy_Cowgirl's comments elsewhere thought of this and decided to do a search. I'd actually forgotten whether it was "potatoes" or something else, so I wanted to confirm. But I did my search for "what do you get when you eat all the potatoes" on DuckDuckGo rather than Google, which produced a lot of results that...were rather literally about what you get when you eat all the potatoes.

So, have you ever wondered what you get when you eat all the potatoes?

https://www.thedailymeal.com/healthy-eating/i-ate-nothing-but-potatoes
  • edited 2020-06-07 02:42:08
    Dad's solution: ignore for now
    Your dad understands it well: a problem being successfully ignored is exactly the same thing as the problem not existing.
    ^ I think I'd have similar results, potatoes are high on my list of foods that get old fast. Well, maybe it'd be okay if they're mashed potatoes, but from how she explained it, that diet excludes that.
    If I had to eat only one thing for eternity, I think it'd be fried rice, I've never been close to getting tired of it.
  • I mean, obviously, there are people from the past who would show up now and definitely say outright that I've been replaced by a Russian bot.
    I've definitely done my share of politically-motivated bridge burning.
    I wonder if things could've turned out a different way. Maybe...
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I've been told once (or even a few times) that boiled potatoes and sour milk contain about every single of these food thingies that you need to survive. Fortunately boiled potatoes and sour milk is a dish I very much like.
  • TIL in the UK the KJV Bible is still under copyright. (Well, it's not called copyright but it's basically the same thing.)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version#Copyright_status
    I wonder if it'll bite me in the ass if I use the "flat is justice" meme a lot to respond to people making a big deal about "big anime tiddies" and then sometime down the road I run for elected office.
  • edited 2020-06-08 04:21:47
    also is it bad that I'm basically expecting a gigantpost from fourteenwings arguing with me every night and possibly another one in the morning

i mean i know it's bad that i'm engaging in the first place but we're already past that point
  • edited 2020-06-08 05:02:52
    a problem being successfully ignored is exactly the same thing as the problem not existing.

Oh yeah certainly.
    is it bad that I'm basically expecting a gigantpost from glennmagusharvey arguing with me every night and possibly another one in the morning

I tried to be brief this time round! I mean, now I realize that we hold disparate opinions so I'm just trying to listen to the majority of what you say. I disagree with a lot of it, and there are times when I feel I've addressed something and I just want to re-quote things at you, but the baseline is we're not going to agree.

Anyways, I'll try and address one topic at a time, since there'll always be a next time for whatever else.
    then sometime down the road I run for elected office.

Naked pictures of Jeff Bezos exist, nobody cares about that.

Soon enough politicians will probably be granted the same leeway (probably not if they're having a polyamorous affair with staffers) unless somebody claims you were fetishizing women whilst also shaming other women especially since you can't have an opinion on women's bodies because you're a man and that means you're a misogynist who is holding up the patriarchy.

So, it's complicated.

EDIT Added more thoughts under "argument".
  • also is it bad that I'm basically expecting a gigantpost from my archnemesis arguing with me every night and possibly another one in the morning
    You two have been arguing even more than usual. This feels like the sort of thing that ends up blowing up, so... take it easy, maybe?
  • edited 2020-06-08 06:00:56
    Good point.

I've been thinking about my toy blog test thread a bit. I feel like, sometimes when I'm looking at stuff, I'm only considering it so it can be reviewed.

I mean, it's like, one day somebody will be googling something that they find they love, but there's no information on it aside from Google's page after page of shopping links.

Also, there's just some really unknown or weird stuff out there, especially European toys. Things that like, nobody cares for, but are pretty novel.

I should also say that right now, I am backed up in terms of posting to it. There's at least 3 or 4 posts I should make, but I've been distracted.
    You two have been arguing even more than usual.

I have to say; I've had a lot on my mind for years, and recent events have scared me in terms of the way things are going. So I thought why not now?

I think maybe I should give it a rest though. I think I've covered the important things well enough.
    Meanwhile I've just killed the past few hours on an open-source clone of Boggle.
    i am way too distractable and willing to write endless amounts of text for entirely pointless reasons
  • edited 2020-06-09 05:40:26
    This feels like the sort of thing that ends up blowing up, so... take it easy, maybe?

I will keeping trying to take this to heart. I mean, I already screwed up in the TV thread, but I'm going to take Kellyanne Conway's advice to heart and assume people really do have "alternative facts".

Otherwise, the US Politics thread will just become me and GMH posting articles from opposing news sources.

EDIT: Okay I'll be good after I mention one thing.