If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well I guess it's "weird" if you take hummus as a salty/savory food and brownies as a sweet food, but then again people already coat salty pretzels with chocolate, so...
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Salt and chocolate are not hummus and gooey chocolate.
    That whole Catalonia thing sure is going places.

It always feels weird to witness things first hand that'll probably be force-fed to school children for the foreseeable future.
  • I've always felt bogged down by the fact that I can never follow a self-made schedule.

Also, fuck yeah, some of the bullshit parody articles I wrote for Metapedia ages ago are still standing.
    I've always felt bogged down by the fact that I can never follow a self-made schedule.

oh gosh i so know this feel
    I don't really keep to a schedule anymore, but I'm already a super-habitual person.

Lately I've been thinking about getting outerwear in powder blue; maybe an overcoat or a sweater. I'm pretty sure it's tacky, but I still want to look like a gigantic piece of bubblegum.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    In the media:
    Negro daily visits mistress's grave

Translated for you. Yeah, the late lady had a small black-furred mutt.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    negro
    noir
    It is the name of an ancient fate. Two maidens who govern death. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
    For some reason, this exists.

Presumably it would look more appropriate on the hipsters it's meant for rather than the gigantic model who has it on.
    The Commandments of Our Lady of the All-Night Tool
    0x0: I am Athena thy Goddess. Thou shalt not have false gods before me.
    0x1: Thou shalt not take the name of OLC in vain.
    0x2: Thou shalt not eat at Lobdell.
    0x3: Thou shalt keep holy the hour of Star Trek.
    0x4: Honor thy professors, for they are the source of grades.
    0x5: Thou shalt not decrease entropy.
    0x6: Thou shalt not connect PWR to GND.
    0x7: Thou shalt not sex toads.
    0x8: Thou shalt not exceed the speed of light.
    0x9: Keep holy the month of IAP for it is a time of rest.
    0xA: IHTFP.
    0xB: Thou shalt not sleep.
    0xC: Thou shalt consume caffeine.
    0xD: Thou shalt not take pass/fail in vain.
    0xE: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's HP.
    0xF: Thou shalt not divide by zero.

http://www.mit.edu/~rei/Commandments.html

Y'know, at the time I first read this, I thought "HP" meant Hewlett-Packard computer, but suddenly this time around I realized it can mean hit points.

I'd played some RPGs long before I ever saw this, but I guess at the time I presumed it had to do with computers.

But now that I've checked the Wikipedia article on possible meanings of "HP", I wonder if it means Helicobacter pylori.
    "Are you okay man?"
    "No man, I was kidnapped."

>telenovelas
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I like peanut butter.
  • edited 2017-11-10 17:09:50
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I feel like fashion brands have become excuses to sell you perfume.

You have to have your signature scent, then the male version of your signature scent, then the young girl version of your signature scent. Then the big reveal of a WHOLE NEW fragrance that ISN'T your signature scent, then the male version of the new scent. Then you get to things like The Cult of L'Eau d'Issey that are just confusingly "Have I ever seen a real life person wearing Issey Miyake clothing? Nope, but everybody sure smells like they think Issey Miyake knows how they should smell*,"

(Because all my complaining about fashion is actually just me being into fashion) Sometimes I feel like exploding when I smell ALIEN, BY MUGLER or dang dangety danged Drakkar Noir.

When East meets Far East. The encounter between the strength of water and light. A luminous oriental Eau de Parfum beaming with intensely addictive amber notes and dark, vibrant woods.

-Actual description for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambre
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I wonder if I would appreciate perfume more if I had a sense of smell.
  • Hello IJBM! It's been a (short) while. I can't remember the last time IJBM had so many unread posts.

I haven't had internet at home for like a week and a half, apparently somebody tried to steal the phone cable (the PVC pipe on the post outside is broken, with part of the cable cut off), so for the most part I've been disconnected from the outside world. On the plus side I was super productive while at it (MtG Forge aside).

Anyhows, I'm watching over some relatives' home while they're out, so among other things it means I'm back on the 'net.

Also, Osama Bin Laden was a geek.
    Glad to know you're still around!
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Meanwhile in Poland: a police officer has been recorded as saying something very much like "fucking sit down" or "sit down, you whore" to a protester who was detained at the time. The official version is that it actually was "sit down, Kulson" (which sounds similar enough), "Kulson" being a nickname of some other police officer present at the scene. Tomorrow the police is organising a conference where "Kulson" is to be officially presented to the media, to prove that such a cop as the one with the nickname "Kulson" actually exists.
  • It's shitty that they're lying about it, but I wish I lived in a country where law enforcement gets in trouble for verbally abusing people

If that happened in America you'd have to hear 10,000 conservatives tell us about how actually, the protester obviously deserved it, and the cop was actually being too nice
    I'm not sure U.S. conservatives really have a coherent political philosophy anymore that doesn't revolve around flaming whatever liberals are doing.
  • Glad to know you're still around!

Thanks!

^^^ Accountability tastes good. Though whenever something like that happens I have to wonder if the agent in question would've got in trouble if s/he hadn't been recorded.
  • edited 2017-11-14 11:43:54
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    The press conference is over right now. "Kulson" spoke about his duties, where he got the nickname, and how it feels being the most discussed cop of the week.

There were jokes the police spent the last night telling some random patrolman he better gets used to a new nickname.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    lolz
    So now some random patrolman is nicknamed "you whore"?
    The joke was that perhaps there hasn't been any Kulson the cop, just that somebody in a pinch came up with a nonsensical word to cover up the dirty language, and it snowballed from there. But it looks like the guy they presented as Kulson actually had that nickname before.

The word itself is, like I said, nonsensical. According to the guy's words, he doesn't even know what was it supposed to mean at first, but it stuck anyway. Judging by the sound of it, it looks like they twisted a children's show character's name, or took the word for "ball" or "sphere" and added "-son" to it. Makes for a bit of a rapper's pseudonym kind of impression, especially with the implied Anglicism ("-son"). It's quite far from the sound of "you whore" when pronounced clearly, but it has similar flow and it can be believed to be misunderstood this way under conditions unsuited to clear communication.
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-boring-state-in-the-US-and-why

"Texas has by far the most oil and gas wells, so there's more boring here than elsewhere."
    So Robert Mugabe might have maybe been detained by the Zimbabwean military.

I feel like a ridiculously long dictatorship always deserves a properly confusing endgame, but nobody can be sure if this is actually it yet.

Then again, nobody ever knows History is It until it Is.

It's funny how out of all the things he could have done it turns out grooming his wife (who likes to beat up models across international borders) to take over seems to be what'll finally take him down (as opposed to all the Actual Suffering people have faced in Zimbabwe).
  • Finally could connect back to the internet (these past two weeks haven't been good for my netizen habits). Once again I got a lot done offline, I'm wondering if I should have set no-internet days. Also when I can't connect I think of all the stuff I should've saved for offline use, but when I reconnect I forget what it was.

I used to wonder what crazy thing I missed while offline. Usually nothing happens so I stopped caring, but this time I missed the downfall (probably) of a longass dictatorship. Guess someone got tired of waiting for the mummy to croak.