If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Apparently the solution was just to sleep for a couple of hours or so.

• edited 2013-02-10 20:41:26

Ninjaclown: That's actually not bad. I like that while they were using the theme, they didn't directly use the audio, and remixed it to make it distinct.

Also, making it about the troubles of the Spring helps, as does changing the horsey-dance to the fortune-god-dance.

• No rainbow star

Well, finished painting a sunset in about 20 minutes (to be fair, it's from memory)

Now to get the paper that will be behind that image drawn on...

• No rainbow star

Acrylic paint, y u no dry faster!?

• Snow, y u no disappear?

• Fuck the snow. I was out shoveling all day, trying to get my car out from all that snow.

Seriously, the snow piled up around here is taller than me.

• O_o

We haven't got that much snow here. But it's enough to cause the whole of the country to ground to a halt.

Seriously

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Aren't you from the UK?  Didn't they, like, not have snow plow trucks that one time when they had a blizzard in London?

Anyhow, New England just over 2 feet (some places closer to 3 feet) of snow.

@Icalasari: did you ever do sophomore standing?

Also, yeah, caffeine doesn't do much for me.  I'm awake while drinking it, sure.

• But you never had any to begin with.

I have never seen a snow plow in this country.

• I think we have snow plows for the airports so that the runways can be cleared...

We normally throw grit down and let the cars do the job.

• No rainbow star
    glennmagusharvey: I don't even know what that is
  • >bike a part on sidewalk because construction stuff being in the way

>cop-in-training decide it is a good place to practice getting quick at using their datapads

>needless to say, they aren't

>still thinks the academy method of "do you know why I'm giving you this fine" makes him sound polite instead of condescending

>60 euro fine, includes the silly little post of administration costs

Pig disgusting in more than one word. Sometimes I hate living near a police station, shame the next riot police training day isn't due till April.

• a little muffled

Fucking hell. My linear algebra TA literally does not know math or basic logic. And the professor doesn't fucking speak English so attempting to complain to her will be extremely painful.

Holy Jesus I do not need this on top of all the other shit that's going on.

"Sophomore standing" is for some schools that have restrictions on what you can do based on your year (typically restrictions on your first, or "freshman", year), and if you can somehow declare yourself to be a second, or "sophomore", year student, you can get around those restrictions.

• No rainbow star
    Well, turns out it's just a poorly programmed automated message

Also, I misread the game music thread as, "Glenn Beck is Back" and my heart skipped a beat
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Glenn Beck 2: Back with a Vengeance

• a little muffled
    IJBM: There are no public access computer labs in the one building that's far away from the rest of the campus.
  • Is there at least wi-fi you can connect to using a phone?

• a little muffled
    There is, that's how I'm posting. But I actually want to work on my comp sci project.

Is there a virtual computing lab?

• edited 2013-02-12 12:11:34
    a little muffled

A what now?

Edit: Ended up walking across campus to the library after all. I'll be able to stay here for...roughly half an hour, before I have to walk back to the other building for a lecture. Annoying.

• I've been translating a technical document lately. I don't envy professional translators, it must be a bitch to watch out not using the wrong term from outside your area, isn't always consistent, and even when it sort of is the internet very often doesn't help with that.

I don't like large campuses as much (even though I'm on one right now).  I prefer all the buildings to be clustered together.

• a little muffled

This campus is quite small, and everything is clustered together...except that one building.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, was expecting to go back to work today, then my cough started acting up more. Will see the doctor again tomorrow.

I have definitely been out sick for the majority of 2013.

• No rainbow star
    You could have used your phone as a tether
  • a little muffled

A tether for...what?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    He Means A Wireless Tether, Where Your Phone Extends Its Own Wireless Connection To Devices Around It, Acting Like Its Own Wireless Network.

Also, As You Can See, The Mobile Version Of The Site Is Making Swype Freak Out.

today's xkcd comic mocks path dependency.

• No rainbow star

So I made a $300 deposit on a dorm room on campus

It costs $3000 due by July to get the room

Challenge Accepted