If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

E 3 2012 general discussion

1235»

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!

Me too,I still can't believe the game that got my attention the most in Nintendo was Lego City

• It's being developed by Obsidian Entertainment, best known for Fallout New Vegas and being the last remnant of Black Isle Studios(who created Fallout) to exist, so it's good to know that we have a competent RPG developer on board.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Paper Mario Sticker Star is gonna be sweet.

Lack of Fire Emblem: Awakening is not.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Wow, that conference was terrible and boring.  Did they really need to spend that much time explaining a few games?  And the presentation was really boring too.

• No Fire Emblem. No big surprises. Not even Animal Crossing.

Goddamn it Nintendo, why must you sqander our expectations like this?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Stuff like that is the problem with E3. Everyone has to pretend they're saying more than they are.
  • edited 2012-06-06 21:22:32
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    NOT SO FAST

http://kotaku.com/5916441/fire-emblem-awakening-will-be-coming-to-american-3ds-systems

To quote the story:
    WHY DID NINTENDO GO FOUR E3 PRESS CONFERENCES WITHOUT SAYING THIS EARLIER?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Okay, forget what I said; they're clearly trolling.
  • MrWMrW
    edited 2012-06-06 21:23:38
    oh my

... Why!?  I mean, they had a perfectly good chance to announce that!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Because they're trolling, duh.

• Well, they also passed up Platinum Games's Wii U project for a showing at yesterday's conference.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

My best guess is to appease the shareholders. They showed the Wii Fit U and Just Dance 4 videos because those sell like hotcakes and have a greater chance of selling the system to families with a Wii or no Nintendo system at all than P-100 or whatever.

Huh.  Turns out Reggie accidentally let that slip out.

• Maybe they were planning a surprise reveal at the tail-end of the expo. Who knows by this point.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    There's a rumour going on that they may announce a new game on Friday, made by Retro, but as I said they are rumours so don't get your hopes up
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>Fire Emblem: Awakening

Welp. I got what I wanted out of E3. See ya suckers.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-06-07 09:20:17

This sounds interesting, actually. 

Of course, it could be another disappointment, but let's wait and see.

EDIT: Nothing to see yet, if Twitter is to be believed.