If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

E 3 2012 general discussion

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Excuse me;

PIKMINPIKMINPIKMIN!

PIKMIN!

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    You Sure Do Seem To Be Saying Pikmin

I've never actually played a Pikmin game.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I've never actually played a Pikmin game.

you need to fix that

now

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    too many things to plaaaaaaay
  • edited 2012-06-05 11:46:01
    There is love everywhere, I already know

WHAT INUH SAID

MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SCRIBBLENAAAAAAAAAAAUTS ON THE WII U

Mass... Effect?... On the Wii U?

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2!!!!!!

PAPER MARIO!!!!

LUIGI'S MANSIOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

• Arkham City FTW

• That started good, but ended up as a disappointment. 

• Kichigai birthday!!

NINTENDISSAPPOINTMENT

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Elaboration for those of us whose Flash player is playing silly buggers?

(Which is probably only me.)

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-06-05 12:45:50

^It started with Pikmin 3, and a few other okay announcements. And then it ended with a minigame collection. 

It was short, too. I was expecting more from it, considering how they hyped it up like the dickens.

Maybe their conference tomorrow will offer more, but still.

• Why does reading E3 make me want to punch certain people?
  • edited 2012-06-05 12:32:07
    Kichigai birthday!!

Reggie just confirmed they are publishing a Platinum Games game in GT. This may not be over

• edited 2012-06-05 12:32:45
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Why was the ending so disappointing? THEY WERE DOING SO WELL!

^-holding out hope-

• Kichigai birthday!!

They didn't even show it but at least we know it exists.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I don't see what's so bad about NintendoLand.

Certainly not the greatest, but people are acted like it killed their dog.

Anyway, all that matters is that Paper Mario Sticker Star was revealed, and therefore the rest of E3 is moot.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-06-05 12:50:06

^My language was a bit harsh. It seems to serve as a Wii Sports-type game, the type you get right out of the box with the system to start you off with. It's fairly simple but serves its purpose, and introduces them to different Nintendo properties. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's there to get new fans.

In other news, Platinum Games? -hopes for a new Star Fox-

• The new game from Platinum games is not going to be star fox.

It looks like it will be pikmin with super heros.

Reference link

• Pikmin 3! Pikmin 3! Pikmin 3! YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

Also, anyone seen this new trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate?

It appears to be a 2.5D action game of sorts, and based on the short snippets of gameplay footage, it seems that the Vampire Killer Whip will be making its debut in the Lords of Shadow timeline!

• Letting it sink in, the actual presentation wasn't bad, it just did not live up to the hype. 

• ^Precisely. It certainly wasn't as bad as the 2008 show, anyway.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Oh fuck you Nintendo.  I actually had hopes for you this year.  But instead, you rehashed shit.  No one's interested in 2D Mario anymore, and you didn't even bother TRYING to differentiate both of your, New Super Shit Bros. games.  And not only that, you rehashed OTHER games people played months ago!  But I will say, your conference wasn't a gigantic embarrassment at least.  (Except for the 3DS guy and the Batman presentation.)

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-06-05 13:19:47
    I'm still getting excited for games on the Wii U.
  • Champion of the Whales

No one's interested in 2D Mario anymore

And you know this because?

Nintendo isn't a charity, they wouldn't make a 2D mario game if no-one was truly interested

• edited 2012-06-05 13:21:19

Oh fuck you Nintendo.  I actually had hopes for you this year.  But instead, you rehashed shit.  No one's interested in 2D Mario anymore, and you didn't even bother TRYING to differentiate both of your, New Super Shit Bros. games.  And not only that, you rehashed OTHER games people played months ago!  But I will say, your conference wasn't a gigantic embarrassment at least.  (Except for the 3DS guy and the Batman presentation.)

I'd say a new Pikmin, a new Paper Mario, and a new Luigi's Mansion are well worth "rehashing" since they were excellent games that haven't seen sequels in more than 5 years.

Honestly, more New Super Mario Bros. is a bad thing? May I ask what bizarro-dimension you came from?

No one's interested in 2D Mario anymore, and you didn't even bother TRYING to differentiate both of your, New Super Shit Bros. games.

1)I'm still interested.

2) New levels, new powerups. Why would they need to change anything else if it's still fun? Innovation is nice and all, but sometimes I want something that I know I'll like.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-06-05 13:21:33
    This one. One who is personally displeased with Nintendo's output lately.

Do I agree with him? Not really. But he has a decent point. The presentation was meh asides from a few stuff personally.
  • If that don't work, use more gun.

Oh I dunno, a lot of people don't really like NSMB cause it's the same 2D Mario game that has nothing new in it.  Really, the games are boring, and the levels are so uninspired, and the art styles of NSMB, NSMBW, SM3DL are pretty bland.  (The art style is the only thing the WiiU version has going for it.)

Nintendo HAD a good start, but then it crashed and burned.

• I've always been a pretty unapologetic Nintendo fan myself, so maybe I just have some trouble seeing some of the bad things other people might see.

That said, the idea of making basically the same game has been proven to be a successful market strategy time and time again. Hell, just look at Call of Duty, it's quite possibly the biggest video game franchise in the world and has changed almost nothing since the first Modern Warfare.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-06-05 13:32:00
    Is this going to end up as Marioguy vs Zennistrad? Looking civil so far, no cause for alarm.
  • edited 2012-06-05 13:35:31
    If that don't work, use more gun.

Honestly, the fact that the NSMB games are the same is just one of my problems with them.  The thing is, those games IMO, are quite boring.  I wouldn't mind playing the same game, so long as it's fun.  But they're not, and the fact that it's the same game with no changes to it, sticks out like a sore thumb.

Also, I really can't get excited for Paper Mario, even though it's my favorite franchise in the Mario spinoffs.  Maybe it was the guy talking, I dunno.  Didn't look that interesting to me.  And I can think of quite a few ways the sticker gimmick can go wrong.

• I just noticed something. Nintendo's conference was practically the opposite of Ubisoft's. It starts out strong with titles like Pikmin 3(which looks beautiful, by the way), but then it ended up being pretty mediocre. 

Will the 3DS conference make up for it? I don't know, but for now Nintendo has a lot of things that it needs to improve before launch.