If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2015-10-09 07:49:18

[user deleted]

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

They probably did it because of copyrights on the buttons.

The even more unnecessary move though was switching the accept button from the outer to the lower button on the Playstation series controllers.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

During this event I've put together card sets for Frozen Synapse, TF2, the Summer Adventure, Defense Grid, and now I'm trying to assemble one more (aiming for Bastion).

• BeeBee
    edited 2014-06-29 14:11:58

And I just kind of got a 25 cent rebate from something I was already going to buy.

Also, Spacechem Tournament 2014 bitches.

Yeah, I need to finish up my puzzle for that. I have one in the works, but it still needs tweaking (for starters, using 8 bonders instead of 4).

>  game title: Chernobyl Commando

> I see palm trees

wut

• Guess who's been up playing late night Mario Kart 8 sessions? :V

Ys Origin for $4.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/207350/
    Ys: the Oath in Felghana for $3.74 http://store.steampowered.com/app/207320/
    Ys 1&2 Chronicles for $3.74 http://store.steampowered.com/app/223810/

Guacamelee for $2.99 https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/guacamelee_storefront

I think today is a better sale than the entire Steam Summer Sale this year.  I'm saying this even though I own all these games.

• edited 2014-07-16 05:38:44
    My arms are falling off!

SMTIV. Aiming for Neutral on this round. Using a guide because the window for Neutral is incredibly narrow (alignment can go from roughly -90 to +90, Neutral is -8 to +8).

Fun fact: The final alignment question will give you +10 or -10. If you're between -1 and +1 for that question, congrats, you just wrecked yourself.

Previously went through Law (worst alignment ever 1/5) and Chaos (which is okay, at least it gives you more things to do post-lock).

Not sure whether to get the Humble 2K Bundle.

On one hand, I've heard great things about the Bioshock games and and XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Spec Ops: the Line.

On the other hand, I'm not sure when I'll ever get around to playing them, or how much I'll enjoy them.

Getting SO:tL for just over US$8 doesn't seem like that great a deal, but getting everything for $20 seems like quite a lot.

• edited 2015-10-09 07:48:24

[user deleted]

@ClockworkUniverse talked about it a few times IIRC.  And yeah, I've heard about that already.  Not sure what it changes if I'm getting into it without a strong FPS background.

• So earlier this evening my mom took me out to meet one of her old friends from high school, and he turned out to be Chuck Sommerville, creator of the classic PC game Chip's Challenge. He even gave me a free download code for the spiritual successor on Steam, Chuck's Challenge 3D!

• edited 2014-07-24 02:06:08
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

First, this is going to be a thing:

Gurumin: a Monstrous Adventure (on Steam Greenlight)

Second, this will very, very soon be a thing:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, the First Chapter (on Steam...and soon going to GOG)

• My arms are falling off!

I'd be trying to finish SO:tL if my laptop wasn't suffering from GPU whatevers I mentioned some pages ago.

I can't even play Flash games without my laptop going crazy and then turning itself off.

• edited 2014-07-27 15:49:20

So the advantage to keyboard is having more fingers to do things.

One slight issue, though, is that those same fingers that push the regular buttons also have to operate the equivalent of shoulder buttons.  Of course, your needs will depend on the game and the control scheme, though shoulder buttons for things like camera control are common -- and it might be nice to be able to, say, hold a charged attack while rotating the camera (all while moving).

It's possible to simply use a different finger to rotate the camera -- say if your D key is your shoulder button R or R1, and your attack button is C.  You could still hold down C with the index finger but instead of moving the index finger up to the D as well, use your middle finger to press D.  It does make the control a little more complicated though.

I've thought of two crazy ideas to address that:

1. add shoulder buttons to the right hand.  Currently, the right hand only uses the arrow keys.  In fact, it may be possible to map Ctrl and 0 (from the numpad) to thumb and little finger, respectively, as shoulder buttons.  Barring that, two additional buttons could be added to the "spaces" above the left and right arrow keys (or one could just have very long Delete and Page Down keys too).

Of course, this necessitates that you don't have an abbreviated laptop keyboard.

2. map the shoulder buttons to pedals.  Yes, that's right -- operate them with the feet.  It's definitely feasible to operate two buttons with each foot.  Might even be possible to operate three or four, depending on how wide of a range you're willing to move your feet (which depends on how much weight you put on your seat vs. your feet) and whether you're willing to use your heels separately from your toes.

• Better solution: play console games with a gamepad.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Thinking about getting Digimon World Re:Digitize since the next game (Digimon World Cyber Sleuth) is out next year. The thing is it is the least JRPG RPG from Japan ever.

Instead of battling to make your Digimon stronger, you have to train them and feed them and such. And take care of them since they will die. BUT they will die anyways after their data has run it's course (unless you Digivolve them, at which point the data resets it's course but it will still die). Of course when they die they leave a Digiegg that hatches into a more powerful version of their Baby Stage and you have to raise it again.

Battling is in the game, but it's greatly discouraged since if you lose your Digimon will die faster.

It sounds fun enough, but I hate having to replace my team every three days (though this does remind me of that thing GMH thought up once).

I'll probably still get it (and soon since my Hoshigami obsession has left me so overleveled I've powered through every level until the last chapter of the story) but I feel like there's some other more... standard PSP JRPG I haven't considered yet.

• Instead of battling to make your Digimon stronger, you have to train them and feed them and such. And take care of them since they will die. BUT they will die anyways after their data has run it's course (unless you Digivolve them, at which point the data resets it's course but it will still die). Of course when they die they leave a Digiegg that hatches into a more powerful version of their Baby Stage and you have to raise it again.

Battling is in the game, but it's greatly discouraged since if you lose your Digimon will die faster.

?

• edited 2014-07-29 12:28:57
    There is love everywhere, I already know

More like

But Digimon World did come out after Monster Rancher so there's a good chance the game system was inspired by Monster Rancher.

Oddly enough, both series have creepily devoted cult followings.

Though apparently Digimon World only let you have one Digimon at a time and had lots of variations which make Re:Digitize basically Monster Rancher.

• edited 2014-07-29 17:04:40

It should also be noted that I like Monster Rancher so basically that was secretly also me saying "that sounds neat." Though somehow I failed to notice you were talking about a Digimon World game despite having actually played the first one (albeit for a very short time) and you having actually said "Digimon World." >.>

Also:

The thing is it is the least JRPG RPG from Japan ever.

just makes me think of all the stupid "Dark Souls is/isn't a JRPG" nonsense.

In case you're wondering, the reasoning for it not being a JRPG despite being an RPG made in Japan by a Japanese developer basically amounts to it being a good game and people not liking JRPGs.

• edited 2014-07-30 15:49:51

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, the First Chapter

now available on PC, in English!  Updated PC version contains widescreen support, PSP version features, retouched translation, and voicework (in battle only).

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-LOHTS/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky (DRM-free) (maybe also Steam key?  unconfirmed)

http://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky (DRM-free plus bonus artwork)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251150 (with Steam Cloud, chieves, and trading cards, but Steam wrapper DRM)

Base price $19.99; discounted -15% so it's $16.99 until August 5.

Voices are in English, but can be turned off.  Fan patch has been made for Japanese voices (not officially available because of license issues):

("no more excuses" lol)

(Windows only; game reportedly works fine in Wine but this is unconfirmed.)

I'm getting confirmation from multiple sources that GamersGate purchase DOES in fact include both DRM-free AND Steam key.  This is great news.

e.g. http://www.gamersgate.com/gametutor?issue=251648

• I seem to have Steam coupons for OlliOlli and Fist of Awesome, neither of which I'm remotely interested in.  PM me with your info if you're interested.

One week left to solve "Multiplier" for the SpaceChem tournament. I could probably finish a working solution right now, but there's one small hangup... I could break down all of my reagent atoms into hydrogen and then fuse them back together, but I really don't want to because it would make this more tedious than it already is.

https://groupees.com/babmb

1. buy some orange juice

2. join the multiplayer community

3. hate poppo

(poppo winning everything is a meme, as is hating poppo)

• edited 2015-10-09 07:46:03

[user deleted]

Kraken wrote:

Trails in the Sky broke my computer in a way that I have never seen before.

Works fine now, but now I'm scared to move my mouse whenever I start it up.

...now I'm curious.  What happened, exactly?

• edited 2015-10-09 07:45:56

[user deleted]