If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2013-04-26 11:19:45
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

And I'm now done with Ys Origin, Yunica mode, as well.

That final boss seemed less difficult than Oath's final boss.  But Oath's final boss was definitely quite a pain in the ass that took me several hours to beat.

That said we still have roughly three phases.

A bit of trivia: I beat mage lady using only magic, technically.  Kinda ironic given the conversation beforehand.

And I guess the other two characters don't make it out alive.  :(

And if you have to ask, yes, Ys Origin is a far better game than AA&tMM.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So I got La-Mulana.

IJBM: La-Mulana is REALLY LOUD.

• edited 2013-04-26 17:30:32

...how?

You can adjust the volume of the music and sound effects, I know.

Which version do you have?  Original or remake?  If it's the original maybe you're just not used to the chiptunes?  I dunno.

• edited 2013-04-26 17:41:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

You can adjust the volume of the music and sound effects, I know.

I know. It's just I'm watching videos at the same time, and its default volume is about twenty times as loud as their max volume, and it resets whenever I launch it, so it always blasts me out.

Which version do you have?  Original or remake?

I don't know. The one on Steam.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Odd.  I don't have that problem with the Desura version, at least.  Haven't tried the Steam version yet though.

Anyway, that aside, I am liking the game, though the lack of much convenient healing means it's really slow going.

That bit's much better than the original.  In the original you had to beat enemies until you filled up the entire length of that lower bar.  Now you only have to fill it up to how much HP you have.  That said, now, not all enemies drop the green orbs that fill it.

Furthermore, repeatedly whipping some pots after respawning them by going between screens does produce more money -- not as much as they might originally have contained, but more than none.  Though now, money kinda falls around and moves, rather than being a single static coin icon.

Also, very early in the game you will get the ability to teleport back to safety anytime.  This is crucial.

until you filled up the entire length of that lower bar

jesus fuck

That makes the game sound pretty much unplayable.

very early in the game you will get the ability to teleport back to safety anytime

Okay, yeah, looking forward to that.

Anyway, currently trying to kill the giant boss guy.

Have you killed snake boss yet?

No. Should I do that first?

Not necessarily.

• edited 2013-04-26 18:19:20

Ah, okay.

I did kill the Ghost Lord just now. But lost a lot of HP doing it, so time to quit until I feel like grinding to get it back :/

Should I have more than 64 HP at this point?

• edited 2013-04-26 18:23:55

I'm not sure.  The original game didn't show HP values, and I haven't played that far in the new version.

The best I can do is offer hints on how to solve a given puzzle.

It's one HP upgrade from the starting value.

I think each area has one Life Orb (i.e. HP upgrade), for a total of nine I think.  That's how it was, at least.

Ah, okay. Good to know.

Got another Orb, got to the giant's second form.

...it has a second form now?

Shit.

• edited 2013-04-26 19:00:43

Yeah, once you smash its facemask, there's a skull under it, and the laser cannon is replaced with a rocket fist. It shoots both that and the chainfist out simultaneously.

Also, question. How do you use the map?

• edited 2013-04-26 19:49:42

I think you need to have that piece of software loaded onto your MSX Mobile Super X laptop and then just pause the game with F1 (not the menu pause but the "eating curry then napping" pause), and it should be there.

(It used to be a "software output" tab in the laptop menu.  That was, incidentally, also the tab used for the Parodius mock-up and the "Mukimeki Memorial" minigame.)

Ah, okay. I didn't realize F1 pausing was a thing.

Anyway.

http://www.destructoid.com/dead-island-riptide-steam-codes-unlock-dark-souls-252515.phtml

Continuing the Deep Silver's tradition of just kind of sucking at their jobs, UK retail copies of the new Dead Island game's PC version actually contained Steam codes for Dark Souls instead.

That sounds like an awesome deal.

• That actually sounds like a better deal to me, but hey.

Yeah, if the new Dead Island is anything like the first, I'm not sure why anyone actually wanted to buy it at all.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

is Dead Island cheaper? I might buy that and get DS for free.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

only tangentially related, but I've been watching the same livestream since 7PM last night and it's pretty incredible.

link.

• You can change. You can.

Woohoo, this laptop can run Portal 2 like a fast motherfucker

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Okay, Monster Hunter drop rates are trolling me.

I do a quest that has me fight an Agnaktor, Volvidon, and Rathalos one after the other 3 times, and on the third I get, not one, but two Rathalos Rubies. At that point I only needed 2 Rathalos Scale+s (a very common drop) to complete the High-Rank Rath Armor. It takes me ANOTHER 3 tries against the Rathalos before I have enough scales, and on that third try I get ANOTHER Rathalos Ruby.