If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

this is a bad thing how exactly

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

butt excess drives the butt value down

your butt is devaluing other butts

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I know the main development team is busy.

Yes. They're busy making Final Fantasy Versus Never (Or XV).

Dream Drop Distance's cutscenes

Yay, stealing every ounce of fun from Dream Drop Distance!

• But you never had any to begin with.
    They released a Noctis perfume recently so clearly they're working on VS. :|
  • Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Hope we get some news of KH3 soon. I wanna see some Kairi Keybladin'

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Remind me not to view the top of this page in any place where I need to be quiet.

• edited 2013-02-26 14:23:19
    But you never had any to begin with.
    Things I did not expect to find in a Blockbuster store in 2013: A copy of Alundra.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

>Blockbuster store
    >2013

Those still exist?! 

• But you never had any to begin with.
    In the UK, yup. Although they went into administration recently.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Fallen Enchantress is 66% off on Steam. This is a game that I actually had to uninstall because I was playing it too much, so I'd highly recommend it.

• a little muffled

Hmm, 66% off, how much is that?

$13.59? Sweet, I'll be grabbing that.

• Yay, stealing every ounce of fun from Dream Drop Distance!

I was talking with a fella on another forum, and he said that DDD's story managed to completely undo all the work BBS did and massively overcomplicate things again. Without any spoilers, is this true (I haven't gotten DDD yet, and I probably won't as I don't want to spend all that money on a 3DS for just one game).

• edited 2013-02-26 19:01:27
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't say it undid all the stuff BBS did. I mean, it keeps the main points of BBS. Aqua is still stuck in the Realm of Darkness, Ventus is still in a coma in the castle, and Terra is still a part of Xenahort.

But I guess it did make some things a bit more complicated, and it did add some unnecessary stuff towards the end. Like, Sora failing the Exam for some reason, and Axel being a keyblade wielder.

I guess Xehanort's new plan is a little odd and complicated. But no more than anything else in the series. Basically he is pulling a Pain from Naruto, putting his essense into 13 different bodies that he will be able to control, but also use their abilities. A new Organization 13 if you will. I say the story isn't that bad, and it did a suitable job of making me excited for Kingdom Hearts 3. Especially with Kairi at the end.

Wait fuck, I forgot about Young XehanortYeah he really complicates things.

• edited 2013-02-26 20:21:49

Yeah, but you forgot one thing:

-snip-

DDD is kind of silly at times. They've added time-travel to the mix, and boy is Xehanort a terrible character.

• I really hope that quote isn't a spoiler or big reveal.

I'd be more annoyed at the mention of time-travel if I hadn't already gathered it would be important, since the Mysterious Figure has a strong time motif in BBS.

• Not really, but I'll remove it. How do you do spoiler tags here, anyways?

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Just highlight in black.

• edited 2013-02-26 21:25:47
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Don't. That can't be read on phones. Use [ spoiler] or [ togglebox] tags.
  • I just wanted to fight heartless, disney characters and the occasional anime cliche...

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-02-26 21:39:21

Ys Origin, third story Nightmare.

Galleon is kind of ridiculous on Nightmare, just because his falcon shockwaves are way the fuck too fast and you have almost no opening to hit him.  You can squeeze off one or two hits before having to charged-Godspeed away.  Makes me rather nervous for when Shion has an even more ridiculous projectile attack.

Velagunder is...different in that the laser starts in a semi-random place and moves erratically, so you have to dash as soon as he fires it just in case, and possibly have to dash further depending on how fast it decides to move.  Not really hard though, as long as there's not a bird on my keyboard trying to cuddle against my jump finger, which is incredibly adorable but not always appropriate.

Really, the hardest part was the vacuum trap halfway through Wailing Blue.  Rather than using Rico's necklace, the third character resists its effects by Boosting.  This is all fine on Normal, but Boost lasts like five seconds on Nightmare.  So you had to come in with about half HP, Boost and take one, then run back to the staircase for Boost to wear off and recharge.  Even with charged Godspeed, you're just BARELY fast enough to do the back corners and escape.

And that makes me afraid of what happens in Devil's Corridor, because I'm not even sure I can get between the Boost fruits, much less take down the big things along the way while spamming Thunder Claw for all I'm worth.

• edited 2013-02-26 21:35:28

^^I just want to fight alongside Donald and Goofy as Sora again. Is that so much to ask?

• Man, I thought that I was the only one. 

And I must say, I really hope that KH3 plays more like the original Kingdom Hearts. All these floating around and thousand-hit combos are kinda taking some of the fun out of the games for me.

• I feel like KH2 hit a good balance, but yeah the new ones kinda went a bit too far.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I personally feel that KH3 would do better with just... lowering enemy health and adding in more of them.

It's a pain in the ass to try and whittle the health of enemies down.

• You can change. You can.

I dunno, I feel the big issue with KH2 was how many fucking enemies were they and how weak they were. Like, the battle against a 1000 heartless in Hollow Bastion is supposed to be this really great battle that tests Sora and his party to the max, but ends up being "Press triangle/X a lot until they all die" which takes from fifteen to twenty minutes, I think? 

Like, simplicity aside, the bigger issue is the fact that the huge quantity of enemies turned the battle into a hassle. I dunno how the series plays after that and maybe what you said is a bigger issue in the sequels, but uh yeah.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The Battle of 1000 Heartless had its own problems, most notably in that they placed you up against 1000 specific Heartless that were designed to let you wipe the floor with them instead of actually being a challenge.

I do agree that hunting down enemies is a pain, but so is repeatedly being forced to run up to an enemy and press X for like ten seconds to kill it.

KH has always felt best to me when it was engaging in fast-paced combat against groups of enemies I didn't have to chase down. Slowing it down, by either forcing me to chase down enemies or to slowly whittle down enemy health, has always been a bitch.

• I miss having to strategize when I fought enemies. In KH1, not only did enemies have elemental weaknesses, but each of them had little quirks about them that changed the way you fought them. For instance, you could either use fire-based magic on a Blue Opera (Ice casting enemy), or you could just reflect his attacks back at him with a well-timed strike or guard. 

Or when you had to fight those little monkey heartless-- the Powerwild? Parrying their sliding attacks would cause them to stub a toe, sending them into one of those silly foot-grabbing animations, leaving them wide open to attacks.  Every enemy had character, and button-mashing could easily get you killed if you weren't over-leveled.

Man, I miss that game. 

On the other hand, I found the bosses in KH2 to be much better.

• You can change. You can.

KH2's bosses were grandioser, but I don't feel it was a huge difference in quality. Certainly in difficulty, though. Just kinda apples and oranges, in my opinion.

Honestly, the bigger issue for me with KH2 is how often you were locked in battle with a buncha heartless/nobodies and it was either utterly frustrating (First time fighting the Saix dudes, for instance) or boringly easy (Almost any time involving heartless)

• edited 2013-02-26 23:10:47

Exploration was better in the first Kingdom Hearts, and there was more in the way of little sidequests (unmarked or otherwise; going around to the Third District of Traverse Town and unlocking the door to the first springs to mind. Easy thing to do, changes nothing except time, but it's a nice little touch that's never brought up or made a quest) or just little events you could trigger (like casting Thunder on the exposed wires in the third district). Or the Trinity marks.

That said, I liked the bosses in KH2 more, as well as a lot of aspects of visual design (especially Sora's new outfit). I wish there was a way to meld Reaction Commands and not just spamming triangle until something badass happens.