If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

which is reportedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's, if that's worth anything. Probably still smaller than Oblivion, though

boo

i want a just cause 2 sized map

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's not out until 2014.

So we'll be wanking to it until then. And we'll only stop there if it sucks. If it's good, you'll be hearing about it for years after the fact. 

That's not wank. Wank is the "OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME *splooge*" stuff that accompanies a majorly hyped game's release.

There'll be a lot of talk about it until its release next year, but I can deal with that, albeit with a certain level of irritation. It'll be the release of it that will get me, and that will continue until the next big thing comes along, at which point it'll die back down to around current levels.

• edited 2013-02-05 07:33:40
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I probably won't get it when it gets released. I mean, I've been meaning to finish Witcher 2, but fuck games that make you start over entirely if you want to use easy mode on one (extremely poorly-designed) battle eleven hours in.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The battle against Letho isn't easy, but once you work out the "trick", it's not too bad.

The fight has two "states". Of these, the first is when Letho uses the Quen sign to create a magical barrier around himself. There's not much to do here -- just run around and avoid his attacks. The other state is when he doesn't have the shield up, and you have to pressure him at this point. Stay in close and get him to attack you. Parries aren't useful for much of the game if you dodge well, but they do stagger enemies and you want to capitalise on this against Letho. So let his attacks walk into your parries and return with your own. If you can get him into a corner early during this state of combat, then you're golden, as your parries will back him up less and you'll be in closer range. 

Then you just wail. 

You can also use Hanged Man's Venom or grindstones to shorten the fight, plus bombs, traps and so on. For spells, use Quen yourself to even the odds when he's got his own shield up (so you have a margin of error when avoiding him), and otherwise use Yrden (the trap one) to lock him in place and get some free attacks. 

The biggest thing to remember in this fight is that you'll never win a slugmatch of raw damage. He's got too much HP and deals too much damage for that. You have to fight him into a corner when his shield is disengaged or just avoid damage when it is. A combination of Quen and Yrden is the key to just about every difficult battle in the game. 

Oh, I know how to fucking beat him. The problem is that he kills you in two fucking hits and it takes 10+minutes to whittle down his ludicrous health bar, and I'm not capable of maintaining perfect play for that length of time.

• edited 2013-02-05 07:58:45
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Huh. What kind of build are you running, and at what level? And do you have a save from before the scripted events just before the fight? You could go back to that, do some more side quests and enter the fight at a higher level. 

I have done every side-quest, and have the maximum amount of health you can reasonably have at that point.

Which means you're on the swordmaster path, so you shouldn't be dying in two hits. Also, you should be dealing way more damage. 

I think it's actually 3.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So Persona 2 had a pretty fun story, even with Hitler showing up and the ancient aliens theory being true and other nonsense. I also really liked all the characters, even if one of them was voiced by TROY FUCKING BAKER.

But the gameplay... HOO BOY.

Advice if you really like Persona 3 and 4.... play Devil Survivor and SMT: Nocturne instead.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Advice if you really like Persona 3 and 4.... play Devil Survivor and SMT: Nocturne instead.

This. So this. Also, add Strange Journey to the mix too.

It's a real shame though because I really liked the characters and even how bonkers the plot got at the end, but jeez. I'm already regretting getting Persona 1 because I have a feeling it's going to be sitting in my vita collecting virtual dust for awhile.

I need to still finish Starnge Journey. I've played only a little of it, but I had a really hard time getting into it. 

• I'm a damn twisted person
    What's wrong with Troy Baker?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121913-Zaeed-Massani-Voice-Actor-Dies

Robin Sachs, a fairly prolific actor/voice actor, who I'm most familiar with from his work in Mass Effect and Dragon Age, died on the the first. He lived alone, so his body was only found today. Well that's just horribly depressing.

^^There's nothing wrong with him so much as it's just that he's in almost every game I've been playing and his voice is very recognizable and so it ends up being distracting. 

^That's a shame.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

New The Last of Us gameplay, and a video of Adam Sessler's impressions.

This is probably my most anticipated game of the year besides Pokemon X and Y.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Do B2/W2 count as gen 6 or just gen 5.5?

Just Gen 5. They didn't introduce any new Pokèmon.

• edited 2013-02-05 18:39:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So I guess their "third game" for gen 5 is actually two games.

How much you wanna bet the "third game" for gen 6 is Pokémon Z?  Bonus points if your starter can be porygon Z.

• More like Pokemon X2 and Pokemon Y2. They will move towards mathematical titles.

Question - any word on if you will be able to trade Pokemon over from gen 5 to gen 6? Because it is vitally important I get a chimchar or manky to my character in Pokemon Y.

Only reason you couldn't during the one generation gap where you couldn't was because the Game Boy and Game Boy Advance were completely incompatible. This is not the case with the DS and 3DS.

Yeah, it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Regardless, Gen 6 is going to completely change the metagame.

If I gave a hoot about the meta game I wouldn't be jonesing to get Manky in the party.

Mankey*

• edited 2013-02-06 09:06:02
    But you never had any to begin with.

Played some of Sleeping Dogs, and it's a great game. It's full of wonderful little details like buying furniture off backstreet salesmen, and Wei smashing out the front window of a car if he can't use the doors. There are a couple of little niggles, like the game expecting you to maintain road safety during a car chase, but nothing huge. Also, it's reaffirmed that I am in fact the worst cop ever. Partly because I keep forgetting Wei is a cop in the first place.

Apparently the medicines I got today have hallucinogenic effects, because J.J. Abrams is going to direct Half-Life and Portal movies.

Dafuq. 

Who's dick did this guy suck to direct Star Trek, Star Wars, Half-Life and Portal? 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Shock twist: Yours.

• edited 2013-02-06 13:57:10
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm less curious how he landed those jobs and more curious how many of him there have to be to handle all that.