If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Definitely not gay.

Hasn't that been around since FFV?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Thus why it's only a little new.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I know that Eden Eternal made a big point about how you can change classes anytime.

Then again, that is an MMORPG.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's different within an MMO, yeah.

• edited 2012-10-24 17:06:37

But that wasn't new either because Final Fantasy XI let you change classes any time as well.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-10-24 17:15:07

You know who's got it beat even more on that one?

1988, bitches.  Though it was kind of restrictive and I think FF3 was the first one to let you do it whenever.  So that'd be 1990.

• Definitely not gay.

Playing Seiken Densetsu 3.

God dammit is playing as Carlie the only way to fight the Dark Lich

she's making me PHYSICALLY ILL

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Oh man, that game. Memories. So many of them. Except not really, because I don't remember specifics of the game as much as I just remember it being a significant part of my childhood. I like the sword guy, but his characterisation is really awful. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Today I learned that Shigeru Miyamoto has been a French knight since 2006.

That...is pretty awesome.

chevalier, in fact. 

• Definitely not gay.

that game

What game?

Yeah, but people are far less likely to go "what does that mean?" if I say "French knight."

• edited 2012-10-25 00:11:51
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ Seiken Densetsu 3. 

^ Yeah, but "chevalier" sounds cooler. 

True.

• Definitely not gay.

"Sword guy" is Duran, right?

Yeah. He's completely lame as a character, in retrospect, but at least he deals damage and takes hits like a champ. Everyone else has an Achilles' Heel to pay for their special traits. 

• edited 2012-10-25 00:21:17
    Definitely not gay.

Wasn't Duran the dude who wanted revenge on a RED WIZAHD or something? I dunno. 

I don't play with warrior-types. I've always been more of a spellcaster guy myself. 

Sort of, but he didn't want revenge on the wizard for moral reasons as much as it being an opportunity to become the very best, the best there ever was. To fight him would be his real test. 

• Definitely not gay.

From what I've played of his scenario, wasn't it because Red Wizard killed his entire troop?

Yes, but he doesn't really seem that incensed about it. It's kind of like "Oh, all my comrades are dead. I guess I better set out on a quest to inflate my ego now that nothing's holding me down here."

• Definitely not gay.

He's a mercenary. Honestly, what did you expect?

• I'm a damn twisted person

Raping. Pillaging. War crimes in general. 

Yeah, I kinda find Fire Emblem 9 and 10 a bit hard to be palatable nowadays. 

^^ Character, I suppose? Mind you, SNES JRPG characters tend to be simple, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad characters or uninteresting. But Duran has nothing that makes him sympathetic, even to someone like me, who should be nothing if not empathetic to his whole "become the world's best swordsman" angle. I mean, if a character can pander to me that much and I still think they suck, I think something has gone fundamentally wrong there. 

Of course, there was no rule saying Duran had to be a mercenary. If he wasn't, it wouldn't change the game that much. Perhaps he could be a student at a fencing school primarily who did local mercenary work on the side. Perhaps the wizard could have actually damaged his ability to wield a sword, and your levelling up throughout the game was a process of recovery. Or something. But Duran is roughly as dull as a Pokemon protagonist and half as sympathetic. 

• God dammit is playing as Carlie the only way to fight the Dark Lich

Nope, all final bosses have two characters who make you face him if they're your main. For the Dark Lich, Kevin is the other one.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

So Marathon Eternal manages to one-up the original series in terms of not giving you any idea of what you're supposed to do.

Still an alright game though, and it's free, so you can't complain too much. 

• Definitely not gay.

Yeah

but Kevin sucks

so...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I wonder if both Humble Bundle and Indie Gala are using Google's servers.  They're both coughing up server errors right now, and Humble's site is specifically coughing up a Google server error page.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Yes, Indie Gala is on a Google frontend. http://domainsigma.com/whois/indiegala.com

• Banjo-Tooie obtained!
  • Kichigai birthday!!

I've been taking a liking to play random Yume Nikki fangames I find in Uboachan. Would you guys be interested in a Liveblogging-like thread about them?