If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Touhou threads don't exist

Comments

• edited 2015-08-16 04:34:43
    Holy. Fuck. That was utterly brutal. I think Subterranean Animism got dethroned for hardest Touhou game.
    I beat it 1cc Normal, Legacy mode on my 7th "serious" try (that is, those where I didn't lose a life early on). The first time I got to the fifth boss's second spellcard IIRC. Not remembering a thing about the demo didn't help (goddamn you Doremi), what did help was reading the lives mechanic (you get them from the chapter score from killing enemies and grazing) and working hard at it. at one point by stage 5 I was maxed out on extra lives but the fifth and final boss reduced that number to two.
    On the other hand, the difficulty was in part because I refused to continue any attempts (except the first 'cuz I forgot) so that I could save replays from the entire ordeal. 
    Also I felt stage 4 was much easier than 3, reversing the trend of stage 4 being the difficulty raise.
    Also, I felt the game was balanced in part around failing multiple times before figuring a non-obvious trick to beat spellcards, i.e. balanced around Point Device mode. I mean this because of all but one spellcard from the third boss, the last one from the fourth, and all from the fifth.
    Anyhows, on to the Extra Stage!
  • BeeBee
    edited 2015-08-16 16:12:05
    So I just saw a video of that game.  Is it just me, or was just about the entire last half of the game phoned the fuck in?

"Hi I'm the last boss and I do nothing but concentric rings of popcorn"

Like, fucking hell the PC-98 games were more creative than that.
  • edited 2015-08-16 19:26:43
    Yeh, Junko's patterns are pretty bland, and is it me or some of the spellcards in Lunatic are idential or easier than their Normal counterparts?
    Anyhow, I think all the creativity went into stage 5. Not balance, though, Clownpiece of shit can go die.
    I'm going through the Extra stage, and it's as difficult as the main game would make you expect. It also seems more effort was put into it, no cheap shots, the spellcards are creative, the music is (imo) better, etc., at least as far as I've gotten (the 7th spellcard).
    And holy hell (pun intended), Hecatia has what has to be the hardest non-spellcards of any boss in any difficulty.
    Overall, I'm not sure what to think about this game, there's a lot I don't like. Maybe Point Device will help with that?
    Edit: The 8th spellcard has to be the least creative in the entire series. The survival one is quite cool. I shouldn't judge the final one on the first two stages (that's when I died), but it doesn't seem promising. (Gee, Junko makes everything dull.)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    LOLK is Touhou 15 right?
  • edited 2015-08-16 21:40:27
    Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, yeah.
    Beat the Extra stage. Other than the fact that Junko teams up, that last spellcard has to be the least interesting final Extra boss spellcard. Also I don't think I managed to dodge a single of the barrages from the non-spellcards where Junko shows up, and dodged only one pink kunai barrage.
    I'm not sure how one is supposed to do these things with any character besides Reisen and her insanely good bomb, especially considering Extra boss bomb immunity.
    Edit: Huh? Reisen's bomb increases your hitbox's size? That would explain some dubious hits I was getting.
  • Beat it again, in Normal Point Device mode, which really doesn't feel that much different from Spell Practice. Good thing I didn't try the first time in it, that was frustrating.
    I did it with Sanae. Sagume is super effective against her, the snake bullets target the enemies she spawns and protects her, especially in Orb Sign "Shotgun Coronation of the Gods" (the one with the orb enemies that turn into three yellow bullets when killed).
    I was unable to capture Orb Sign "Shotgun Coronation of the Gods" after 20 tries, Jail Sign "Flash and Stripe" (Clownpiece's first laser one, seriously what the fuck) after 59, and "Fake Apollo" (the three moons one) after 20, and it took 49 attempts to capture Hell Sign "Striped Abyss" (the second laser one), and 50 for "Cold-Shaking Star" (Jonku's one with the barrages of five concentric circles each). All in all, it took 402 tries (although I ended up with bombs maxed out). I don't think many Hard spellcards give me that much trouble.
    Anyhow, after pondering about it I think the game's okay. There are tons of cheap shots and some bland patterns, but there are also many fun/creative/pretty ones, the character designs and concept are nice, the music's okay, etc. A letdown considering the demo, but okay nonetheless.
    I definitely hope the next one is better, though.
    Threw up Rise to the Moon, Immortal Smoke (Mokou's theme) for something to listen to.  One of my favorite Touhou tracks, definitely.

Youtube autoplay threw up Kaguya's theme next.  Yeah, this is definitely the source of Help Me Erin!!.
  • The entirely predictable Jynx remake of HRtP, Konngara version is here!:

(Also, since danbooru no longer has NSFW ads, I'm taking the warning off the title.)

• Aw, sad to see the series end.
  • I forgot about this thread. I did 1cc ufo on lunatic, like 2 years ago now, but after exploring podd a bit I'm realizing it's much harder than ufo, which actually doesn't seem that hard to me anymore because I've been playing hardcore arcade shooters for a while now. Anyway, I still love touhou and I always will.
  • edited 2016-05-19 23:22:21
    Ooh.
    I found UFO much harder than most others. The only ones I've 1CCed in Lunatic are HRtP, IN (both endings, barely) and MoF. For some reason I found MoF much easier than the others and could 1cc it easily, but with time I lost my ability to do it.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-05-20 03:33:26
    PODD is the hardest one by far.  Mostly because your offense doesn't actually matter at all (other than using it to defensively cancel incoming spells) and the last couple characters are such utter bullshit.  Also no autofire because fuck you.

Yumemi alone can literally take longer than most extra stages, and has an attack that is literally undodgeable on higher difficulties.
  • edited 2017-01-09 13:21:34
    I haven't posted in this thread even though there's been lots of good stuff to post about. Here it goes:

Also, Antinomy of Common Flowers (th 15.5) has been announced.

• This is now the subject of my desire.
  • edited 2017-06-10 19:00:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    This image is at least several years old, but I recently threw it into a thread on another forum, so it's technically not an image that I'll never use.
    9zUeB_zpsiuzrnqrw.jpg
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    How big is Touhou in Japan? Like, NFL level? 
  • I wish.

It's the dominant doujin thing, to the point of having its own festival and a Comiket day reserved specifically for it, but it stops there. Perhaps in good part because ZUN deliberately tries to make it not go mainstream.
    Touhou 11 is Utsuho right?
  • She's the final boss of Touhou 11 (Subterranean Animism), if that's what you mean.
    yay

thats my favorite tohuo
    i mean in terms of choosing a favorite girl utsuho is my favorite
    only because her hair is black and if i ever coslayed i could cos play her easily 0 effort

also hisoutensoku had her and she my favorite char
    Vorpy wrote: »
    if i ever coslayed i could cos play her easily 0 effort

the shinji cosplay
  • edited 2017-06-11 03:45:09
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    thats not a cosplay

thats just being 

pathetic.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    my favorite touhou is............................PATCHOULI