If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Touhou threads don't exist

Comments

• edited 2013-08-12 17:03:39

Extra Stage Clear!

The last two spellcards were fun. *ding dong ding dong*

But I must say I'm a bit disappointed about the game. The character designs and art are nice, but a bunch of the bosses' gimmicks are more annoying than anything and I don't really like any of the post-demo BGM. Though I must say I did have fun today at the very least.

Edit: And now this weird thing happened where I clicked th14.exe, which then vanished and now the zip I got it from won't extract that one file. It already happened when I first installed it and I only got around it by downloading it from elsewhere, but now it's happening with that other zip, too.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-08-14 04:23:59

I dreamed last night that Touhou got an official localization with voice acting, and it was terrible.  Like, early PS1 terrible.

I wish ZUN would just, like, hire Carpe Fulgur or something and put this stuff on Steam.  I don't like seeing games get pirated as is, but indie games more so.  Even if it is because it never gets localized.

EDIT: just watched the videos.  The second half of the game just looks broken, like he was overcompensating for people saying Ten Desires was too easy.  Extra boss looks fun though.

• Am I the only one who can't picture Raiko's drums as anything but barrels?

Also, Death Drum "Land Percuss" is incredibly annoying, though.

It's been a while since I've done a video dump:

http://nicoviewer.net/sm21220275 ~ Rurouma Marisa

http://nicoviewer.net/sm20990229 ~ Suwakoma

http://nicoviewer.net/sm11536759 ~ Durarara!! ED 

http://nicoviewer.net/sm20417713 ~ Pupil of Vaisrava Shou-chan

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wVWHvlIvJsE ~ Haiyore! Cirno-san

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XkvquZrJtdI ~ Persona 4 in The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

• I'm sure there's already a flood of Raiko Kong fanart.

• edited 2014-02-04 20:45:45

lol at Seija's second spellcard.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Those big white circles going in rectangular patterns...how was that even legal?  Marisa's hitbox went right through the center of them!

• edited 2014-02-04 22:33:42

That's the idea, the spellcard inverses hitboxes so that you die by not going through the center of those bullets.

Though I must say the makers' creativity looks like was completely spent on her three spellcards, plus the survival spellcard.

(Though I wonder if it actually works or the uploader just took away their hitboxes and acted like they work that way.)

This isn't an official Touhou game?

The music does sound a bit odd I guess...

• edited 2014-02-04 23:31:32

Nopes, it's a Double Dealing Character Extra-Extra stage, probably made in Danmakufu. There's also one for Mountain of Faith, Subterranean Animism, Undefined Fantastic Object and I think Ten Desires.

Edit: Ahh, there's also a playable Phantasm stage for MoF.

• Triple post ahoy.

The third Memories of Phantasm thing is out (that is, the second part of the EoSD episode embedded above). For some reason I can't find it in English, so, like, I dunno, but now you know it exists.

• My arms are falling off!

Lately I've taken a liking to Mary and Renko. Anyone know any fan works about them?

Comics, preferably; I don't really pay attention to music videos, and I'm slightly better with non-music animation and text-only stuff.

• oh... I forgot this thread exists! :D I am still a Touhou obsessive and I did some Lunatic 1ccs and some no-death Normal walkthroughs and beated all the extra stages and captured most of the spell cards and umm... UFO is too hard for me on Lunatic. Anyway, Touhou <3

• edited 2014-03-09 21:06:36
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Forgot this thread existed, too!  Well, here's some relevant news (repost):

So, a person who says he/she remotely attended (watched the stream) BitSummit says that ZUN (the guy who makes Touhou games), at a panel there with two other guests (one of them being Naramura from NIGORO, the group who made La-Mulana), mentioned his intention to bring the games to English-speaking audiences officially.

sauce: http://www.carpefulgur.com/forum/index.php?topic=2407.msg13811#msg13811

Apparently, they won't be with English translations, which is fine with me because fan patches exist anyway.

I'm just glad it's happening, because it means overseas players can get the games without having to dole out excessive amounts of cash anymore.

• For some reason I find Mountain of Faith's Lunatic to be far easier than the others, and can breeze through it but not 1cc most of the other games'. Or 1cc SA in Hard for that matter.

TH14 is apparently an easy ALL clear on Lunatic if you can master Marisa-B's "turn bullets into P's then convert 60+ items into a third of an extra life each" trick.

• Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spellcard (Th 14.3)

Is there a remix of this song:

...that incorporates the YMCA melody as well?

Because I think the chords are the same.  Which means you could just lay them together.

• edited 2014-09-12 04:53:33
    My arms are falling off!

To those in the Southern California area, or with the money to burn on travel and lodging fees:

TouhouCon - September 20 (Fri.) to 21 (Sat.) - Anaheim, CA

Perhaps not the first Touhou-themed convention outside of the West, but definitely the first on this coast. Wish I could go, but I don't have enough cash on me ;;

• edited 2015-01-08 12:10:37

Slowpoke news: the Urban Legend in Limbo trial has been released.

Also, I found this (can't seem to find what it's based on anymore).

• Forgot about that day.
  • Urban Legend in Limbo has been released!

Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom trial released as well, and of course, all the other reitaisai goodies.

I meant to post when links were available, but it's been long enough already. I'll repost when it's there.
  • Is that the one where Marisa's fatality is to lock you in an outhouse with the Zelda grabby hands?
  • edited 2015-05-10 09:19:45
    i dun ged it

Anyhow, I played the Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom trial. I got it from here (click the link below, open the folder, select the file, press the "down arrow" button that shows up, and press the button in grey) some thoughts:
    • Holy hell does the game turn hard starting with the second boss fight.
    • ZUN's art de-improved
    • Stages are preeeetty
    • Gotta get used to Reisen's bombs, I keep hitting bullets one after another with it (her bomb is a shield that activates thrice, like Nitori!Marisa in SA or Sakuya A in DDC, minus bullet clearing).
    • Except for Ringo's theme, the music really isn't standing out for me.
    • The division between Point Device (playing with no extra lives and with checkpoints) and Legacy (play as before) is interesting. I think I'll end up using Point Device for practice, and Legacy for "normal" attempts. A bummer there are no replays for Point Device, tho.
    Got to beat the third stage midboss with Reisen in Normal then promptly died with bombs in stock, then replayed twice and had to continue both times during the third boss fight's early spellcards, with Reisen and Sanae. Tomorrow (later today, whatever) I'll try the other shot types, and 1CC it in Normal, then try out Hard. And of course, play Urban Legend in Limbo. For now it's been good times.
  • ^ Seriously, that's what it looks like she does.  She punts you into an outhouse full of molesting toilet hands and locks the door.

If that's not what she's doing...I'm not sure I want you to tell me, because it might not be as funny.
  • That's... creepy.

Anyhows, 1CCed Legacy Normal with Reisen. Doremy isn't that bad when you remember a couple things, to start her first three spellcards away from the bottom of the screen, and that the first one is also meant to be "circle danced", just like the second.

And come to think of it, if you're willing to let go of the initial bullet clearing feature of Reisen's bomb, you can just bomb whenever you can and get rid of the need to death bomb ever again.

And I got this weird bugs with Marisa, first in late stage two the right side of the playing screen started flashing very brightly for about half a second. Then After beating ringo this star-like hitboxless bullet showed up and wouldn't move away ever.
  • Oh wait, I got the day wrong. That means lol 'k has been released.