If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Real-life girls aren't Moe.

Comments

• And possibly Mina Tepes from Dance In The Vampire Bund.  Though I'm not sure of how badass she is since I haven't actually read/watched it.
  • edited 2011-03-19 21:36:39
    ^x3 It would be a subtrope of
    * Cute Bruiser
    * Cute Monster Girl

With ~90% overlap with:
    * Badass Adorable
    * Cute Little Fangs
    * Friendly Neighborhood Vampires
    * Glacier Waif
    * Little Miss Badass
  • Yeah, I was thinking it would be a subtrope of Cute Monster Girl and Badass Adorable.
  • edited 2011-03-19 21:38:47
    Kichigai birthday!!
     it's the first time someone uses x3 in the right context
  • edited 2011-03-19 22:28:43
    [tɕagɛn]
    Frodo, you must not have read far into Negima!.

Because Eva is a badass without any doubt. Not only is she [one of the most powerful mages ever, and one of the most hunted, she was capable of giving fucking Nagi (You know, that fucking war hero who nearly won a massive Civil War SINGLE-HANDEDLY?) trouble a run for his money].

And Magia Erebea. Just...Magia Erebea....

(Note that I can't always remember canon fully, so I may be slightly wrong)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What exactly constitutes moëness?

Without a definition of it I cannot say whether there are real-life girls who fit that description, or whether I'd like them.

Please post your own definitions.
  • I always just thought moe meant "cartoonishly cute and innocent."
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Inb4 Nornagest quote.
  • edited 2011-03-19 23:19:22
    Because you never know what you might see.
    I remember Furiko claimed this video was moe.

But Bree Avery is a fictional character, not a real-life girl.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    ^^ Vaguely disturbing.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Moe is a theme made to appeal to male otaku, where you make said content feminine, cute and endearing.
  • edited 2011-03-19 23:25:38
    K-ON! memes aside though, moe is one of those terms that gets used so much that it might as well be meaningless.  It's pretty much always used for things that are cute, somehow, but it's pretty hard to get more specific than that, considering how inconsistently it's used.  And even though there does seem to be a lot of agreement on what sort of things are considered moe, it's still kind of hard to come up with a description that encompasses everything.

But in general it's stuff like shyness, clumsiness, "tsundere"ness (or rather, acting a lot tougher on the outside than the person really is inside.  And there's a lot of related character types that are also considered moe), innocence, and other such personality things.  And there's appearance-related things that are often considered to be moe, like twintails, zettai ryouiki, maids, catgirls, and such (and also, costumes like maid outfits and cat ears are even more moe if the character is embarrassed about wearing them).

And stuff like that.

^ That works too, I guess.
  • Do note that boys can be Moe too, it's just girls that usually are the moeblobs.

I myself prefer male moeblobs instead of female ones, but I'm not the average man so...
  • Well, yeah.  Hetalia, for instance, is a pretty blatant example of a series that's full of male moeblobs.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Except Hetalia does it badly.

That one Boys Highschool one is better.
  • edited 2011-03-19 23:35:43

• I've been referred to as "moe" before.

Or at least, YackFest!CA has been called "moe", usually when AU asks "am I moe?" in the Trash Heap and someone responds that I'm the only moe one in that thread.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, I'll give my definition as well.

It seems to me that "moë" is some sort of overemphasized cutesiness in the vein of childish innocence and vulnerability.

If a real-life person displayed this...I might feel sorry for them, but if it were a girl, I'd not likely find that attractive.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    I can tolerate moe in very small amounts, but anything above that is just disgusting to me.
  • "I despise moe. Its like someone one day decided 'OK, so how can we suck the life out of the japanese anime industry from the inside? Bonus points for suggestions that have paedophilic tones, and will be picked up to such an extent that their presence in any given work will be about as surprising and unexpected as the revelation that a character is required to breathe'"

Couldn't have said it better.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    That's just a part of Japan's culture of cute.
  • They're somethin' else.
    @ Khwarizmi

What was that Norn quote?
  • edited 2011-03-22 06:32:52
    Because you never know what you might see.
    Nornagest's definition of moe:

"You know the protective feeling you get when you look at something tragically cute, like a kitten with a broken leg? A sort of urge to hug it and make it all better? Imagine that. Then imagine wanting to put it on a body pillow and have sex with it."

It gets quoted in like every TV Tropes discussion of the subject.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Real-life girls aren't moe because they are real-life girls. If they were moe, it would be... very creepy.

Makes me wonder if manga/anime fangirls would love insane mass-murder bishonen if they really existed.

[ObligatoryJoke]It would also be creepy if real-life bar keepers were Moe.[/ObligatoryJoke]
    @ Norn quote:

FUUUUUUUUUUCK
  • Just dump the Youtube address by itself, it'll do it automatically.
  • edited 2011-03-22 19:54:33
    Woki mit deim Popo.
    Let's see:

I guess it didn't work.