If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Real-life girls aren't Moe.

edited 2011-03-18 15:14:53 in General
[tɕagɛn]
Sure, a few have at least one of the traits--submissivenes or tsundereness, psychoses, dependence on some big brother figure--but very few have it all. This bugs me, because I am pathetic and want my future girlfriend to be like a character from some boring slice-of-life Moe show and repressed sexism/misogyny put in from my father has made me subconsciously prefer submissive girls.

But we do have Beholderess, who is quite Moe (Possibly the most out of any Troppette)~ And we also have Tno/Vorpy, who's Moe...in her own Yandere/Crazy way....

Comments

• Slice-of-life ≠ boring.

Also I'm not sure why you're capitalizing the word moe.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I feel your pain, Chuggles. And I agree with DYRE on both counts.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    If ever found a girl with "moe" traits in real life I would hate her so much

• edited 2012-07-22 18:01:04

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    People aren't fictional character types?
  • edited 2011-03-18 15:41:40
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @ Abyss: Because the traits can be found, to certain degrees in real life as well, and because those traits, while not really good, are desirable to some people, like me (yes, yes, I know, Unfortunate Implications abound).

I probably wouldn't like a super-moe person in real life, to be honest. Or at least, not the whole moe package. But some traits accentuate the cuteness in a way that I like.
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:00:56

• edited 2011-03-18 15:42:08
    ^^^^ Regarding Mikuru Asahina, her moeness is pretty much a parody (a fairly mild parody, since the Haruhi series is full of non-parody moe too, but a parody nonetheless).  Haruhi and Yuki are both extremely moe as well, and neither of them have their cuteness played up nearly as much as Mikuru.
  • Okay, looking on it, I don't want a girl with all of the traits. Just a few.
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:00:49

• edited 2011-03-18 15:45:04
    ^^ Yeah... I don't think anyone wants a girl with all the moe traits...
  • edited 2011-03-18 15:47:00
    [tɕagɛn]
    ^ Oh god, I love that guy's "What the fuck". WHat manga is that? 

Wait, is it Welcome To The NHK? I heard a similar situation happens in there.
  • Yeah, that's from Welcome to the NHK.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
  • edited 2011-03-18 15:50:11
    Ninja'd by DYRE.

Welcome to the NHK is one of my favorite series anything ever, as if I haven't said that enough times.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Chagen, you make women moe by taking away their self-esteem and personal will.

* submissivenes - females naturally have this, it's just cranked up to unbelievable levels in fiction. There is a difference between being passive, and being a doormat. You can get them to do this by making them afraid of you.

* tsundereness - Generally this is frowned on in society as being a bipolar bitch. Somebody who is annoying, not somebody who is cute because they aren't owning their feelings. Once that perception changes, then it becomes a norm. Tsundere people in real life are horrible. Watch any sitcom on ABC or something, and think of that without a laugh track or any jokes.

* psychoses - be fucking careful. Some like to torture their boyfriends, stab them, and abuse them for reasons as alien as their minds are. Psychosis is not a trait that can be nailed down to fit one's sex appeal. It's fucking dangerous. Some are black widows, and eat their husbands. Some are dis-associative with their personas, and not in the cute way, in the unable-to-survive-in-society way, in the kill your own children out of boredom and cut your boyfriend penis off with a knife way. Not all of them are sexy, most of them are just crazy and unsafe to be around.

* dependence on some big brother figure - this can be replicated with a girl that has dependant personality disorder, and a lot of suicide/death threats to extortion her emotions into being dependant on you. To simulate the brotherhood/sisterhood relationship, just beat the shit out of her a few times to the point where she gets brain damage and becomes emotionally attached to you, or Stockholm Syndrome settles in.

* I am pathetic and want my future
    girlfriend to be like a character from some boring slice-of-life Moe
    show -

this will only be fun until you realise how horrible this ends up. Look up Fridge Horror, and read some reports on Spouse Abuse. Also watch Misery (1990) and Fatal Attraction for more information.
  • What Vorpy said.
  • Thirding Vorpy.

"If ever found a girl with "moe" traits in real life I would hate her so much"

Seconding this.
  • ...Vorpy, I don't want a mentally-broken as fuck girl who's liable to murder me.
  • edited 2011-03-18 16:25:40
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    A perfect transition of a moe girl to a IRL girl would result in this chagen. A lot of these behaviors can only be caused by dementia, emotional scarring, abuse or even borderline insanity, they are not realistic, and thus, can only exist in fiction. Life is not a comedy, you know. It's a drama.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Who says life isn't a comedy?

/completely missing the point
  • edited 2011-03-18 16:26:44
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    9/11 and Hitler.

Although my Mileage May Vary on the internet on how dramatic those things are.
  • Yeah, I find myself in Crowning Moments of Funny every day.
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:00:38

• edited 2011-03-18 16:27:34
    ^^^ And countless other things.

Should I go back and edit it in that I was joking? 'Cause I didn't think I'd have to.
  • >applying tropes to real life
  • Blackbird: I take life to be a a Mundane Slice of Life Tragicomedy.
  • edited 2011-03-18 16:28:15
    ^^^^ Slice-of-life, presumably, if you like to pretend that real life is a work of fiction.

^^ But that, mostly.
  • Real life isn't fiction, it's an extremely advanced computer simulation by God.

/proponent of the Digital Universe Theory