If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General politics thread (was: General U.S. politics thread)

Comments

• edited 2016-10-10 06:06:44
    Holy fuck.

• "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Whatever happened to the Lion Guard? The dude is seriously missing a militia. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Trump is okay with turning the US into a banana republic; film at 11

("At least he's not turning it into an Old Navy" *ba-dum TSSH*)
  • I think it's over for Trump. The tape has killed his chances.

Now he's lashing out like a rabid beast, scapegoating like a fascist, and strongarming Republicans back in line.
  • edited 2016-10-14 05:48:57
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I hope he brings the House down with him.

Both Houses, actually.
  • Also the Wells Fargo CEO has resigned after sustained pressure from Elizabeth Warren.
  • edited 2016-10-15 05:42:43
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'm pretty sure you have to step down after such a ridiculously major scandal, Warren or not.

Unless you're the CEO of Mylan*, I guess.

*or Theranos
  • I was honestly not expecting him to resign.  CEOs have a habit of staying in power as long as they damn well please as long as no charges fall directly on them.
  • I think RationalWiki is being hijacked by people who adhere to the Cult of Centrism.

Like, they think TYT is similar to the right wing blogosphere. Like, what. They're dead fucking center in politics.
  • edited 2016-10-15 09:04:35
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    That would mean the centre shifted a lot when I wasn't looking. I mean, I'm talking about RW as centrist.

(edit: yeah, a hijack could explain that shift.)
    >using RationalWiki for anything but the quick woo debunking and fallacy definitions
    It seems to be a handful of users with an axe to ground, if one looks at the edit log. Also, are you the Serocco on the Talk page? 
  • edited 2016-10-15 12:11:28
    Yes I am. I tried to make it slightly better, but someone keeps fighting me over it.

Also, I had email problems initially while making the account here, which is why I have two accounts (this one has a 3). Trying to see what's up.
    If you sign in using your username rather than email address you should be able to specify the account.
  • edited 2016-10-15 13:00:50
    Thanks. While I'm still here, some news.

Trump's rabid behavior is bleeding onto his supporters in a very dangerous way (like always). His talk of Hillary rigging the election and invoking racist dog whistles is his parting gift should he lose; he's trying to delegitimize Hillary's presidency.

"I haven’t seen it since 1860, this threat of delegitimizing the federal government, and Trump is trying to say our entire government is corrupt and the whole system is rigged,” [presidential historian Douglas] Brinkley said. “And that’s a secessionist, revolutionary motif. That’s someone trying to topple the apple cart entirely.”

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1582418
    temper tantrump
  • edited 2016-10-15 13:11:43
    Trump is really just laying the groundwork for Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell to completely gridlock President Clinton.
    Trump's behaviour will have its effect down the ballot, which is why so many Republicans have been disavowing him. He's gonna try his best to clear the establishment, that much is evident.
  • Pat McCrory and Eric Holcomb are currently trailing their Democratic opponents in their Governor races in North Carolina and Indiana.

Joe Heck, after denouncing Trump, lost support from Republicans, and he's starting to lose his dead heat status with the Democrat in Nevada.
    and the chameleon continues to give no fucks
  • Trump is now talking to... Hindu Nationalists.

Uhhhhhh.
  • edited 2016-10-16 02:32:09
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Serocco wrote: »
    Trump is now talking to... Hindu Nationalists.

Uhhhhhh.

he's gonna have to talk to intelligent beings outside the solar system to surprise me at this point

though at that point i can just tweet at him "TAPE OR GTFO"
  • No, it's just so random. Hindu nationalists, he speaks to?
  • Got it! Finally fixed the double account problem!
  • edited 2016-10-16 17:49:46
    No, it's just so random. Hindu nationalists, he speaks to?

It's really not random at all when you consider their shared hatred of Muslims.
  • Zennistrad speaks the truth. I wonder how Modi feels about Trump.

Also, North Carolina GOP HQ was vandalized and firebombed today. No known suspects.
  • More like, "the police caught the suspects and then said 'I won't tell if you don't.'" Lol.
    More like, "the police caught the suspects and then said 'I won't tell if you don't.'" Lol.

Anyone can make a conspiracy theory about anything.  Don't fall into that trap.
  • Well, I do know the federal government has been declining monetary support of North Carolina due to their unjust laws against transgender people, so it's hard for me to imagine anyone would sympathize with those responsible. That's just me, though. I guess there's always the southwest, which is somehow even scarier than the southeast.