If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-07-11 07:29:34
    Definitely not gay.

Admittedly when you get past the WTFery it does make for a good read.

I mean this is the only story where a homophobic forum administrator is a major plot point.

It's kind of like watching the Zerg vs the Borg, really.

• Definitely not gay.

That page is probably more detailed than most Wikipedia pages on actual wars...

Probably 'cos all of the details are posted on the Internet, whereas the vast majority of details about actual wars are lost to history.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

WTFery it does make for a good read.

Agreed, somebody needs to get started on a web-novel about a flame war...

^ Bu-but... but... well, pretty much.

• An OK-Cupid mod posts screencaps of flagged convos(4chan, so not safe for good taste). I'd post some of the pics to the Images thread, but there's so much good stuff I just can't pick:

http://chanarchive.org/4chan/r9k/30177/

http://chanarchive.org/4chan/r9k/30292/

http://chanarchive.org/4chan/r9k/47873/

• ^ Site seems to be down right now. :/

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Nope, just being slow.

• Kichigai birthday!!

I can get in just fine.

• Well... it wasn't working when I first tried it so bleh

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Read that Moorcock. I didn't like the guy ever since it turned out he thinks he has a monopoly on magical swords and white-haired protagonists, and I'll leave walls of text to Alex, so I'll just post a single quote:

there is Tolkein and that group of middle-class Christian fantasists who constantly sing the praises of bourgeois virtues and whose villains are thinly disguised working class agitators 

I'd post you quite a great joke here, but alas - it's only in Polish. Several different such "analyses" of "Lord of the Rings" (two Commie, one Freudian, one Crazy Fundie, if you're curious; I guess I missed some). Oh, and as a nitpick, he apparently just couldn't grasp the spelling of "Tolkien".

• Has friends besides tanks now

welcome to my life as an animals as leaders listener bastion

I think this is my favorite track by them.

• You can change. You can.

Do not Go Gently is awesome. I think my faves are Espera, Somnarium, Soraya and The Price of Everything and the Value of Nothing.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh man, today Batman #11 and Avenging Spider-Man are out.

if i could grin any more, i'd start murdering people

Also, Demon Knights and Swamp Thing.

Second week is best week.

I still have yet to catch up on those two. Decided to go with supergirl instead because I can't get Miss Marvel stuff. So I'll have to settle with the other blonde puncher of things.

Dammit, the DC stuff isn't up on Comixology yet >:/

For now, I will read the two Ms. Marvel issues I bought but haven't read yet.

• edited 2012-07-11 16:52:37
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

BTW, who's Doodleoodloodle?

edit: wrong thread

• Feeling a bit under the weather. I'm hoping it doesn't interfere with my trip to San Diego tomorrow. ZELDA ORCHESTRA WOOOT!

ugh, i just walked out on my parents again. i'm normally more patient than that but these days i just can't stand being near them

• I'm a damn twisted person

INUH - have you thought of checking out DC's own free comic app? They might have things out earlier than comixology.

That said this week for comics was fun. They did a great job with Swamp thing, particularly Anton Arcane as a Rot Lord. Seriously nice monster design and thematic elements to the guy right there. And next month, it's crossover time. Avenging Spider-man was Carol and Peter getting interrupted by a social justice girl who might as well have been a keyboard warrior with a jetpack. The X-men books this week were some good character work and pretty art. Venom was just brutal, but that's all I needed it to be this week. And I think Batman capped off the Court of Owls arc as best it could. American Vampire: Lord of Nightmares was a bit of an exposition dump, but it seems to finally be going places.

@ the Moorecook article - I have to love how he burns Tolkein and Lovecraft for their vague prose. "Perhaps the reason they are so popular is that everybody else can imagine a better picture and fill it in for them". And he does have a point, a lot of sci fi and fantasy has kinda ugly influences of militarism and classism when you look at it. 

• edited 2012-07-11 17:31:10
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

INUH - have you thought of checking out DC's own free comic app? They might have things out earlier than comixology.

Nah, I just waited so I'd have all my comics in one place. Read them, and posted my thoughts on them in the comics thread.

Also I'm not INUH >:/

• Everyone will call you INUH forever.

But but same avatar and post history...

This is one of those cosmic reboots to try to get the mod staff a bigger, younger, hipper audience isn't it?

Is this when you, malk and nova become red hood and the outlaws

• edited 2012-07-11 17:35:45
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm leaving the avatar for the moment so people will recognize me >.>

^Them's fighting words.

^^ Juan if you keep going with that train of thought I will cut you. With a stop sign. 

• edited 2012-07-11 17:39:12
    smote

This is one of those cosmic reboots to try to get the mod staff a bigger, younger, hipper audience isn't it?

Yeah, but there'll be another reboot in a few months to get them back to their silver-age roots. It'll include a streamlined version of UE's origins and powers, too.

UE's origins and powers in a nutshell. He fell into a vat of servers and then was bitten by a radioactive web domain. 

^^ Juan if you keep going with that train of thought I will cut you. With a stop sign. 

good good engage in the violence that is symbolic of the book. 

good

I'm surprised people are only just noticing that we rebooted. I mean, we did a big marketing push and everything.