If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This very forum

Comments

• Of course you agree with me. I'm awesome.

You are.

I changed it to Fireworks everywhere I used a different name.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    You did?

Not sure you had to go through that much work, but thanks.

Oh, and you can stop agreeing with me now.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ah. I see.
  • ^^ I disagree. I mean I agree! PARADOX
    Haha, I broke Trash_Vortex.

And not to bring this up, but for the longest time I thought you hated me, why the sudden shift? >_>

INUH: Yeah. :/

I might change my handle here, actually.
  • edited 2011-02-15 18:18:03
    Nah, I don't hate you. You've annoyed me a couple of times, definitley, but then lots of people do at some point or another. I feel as though I have some sort of rivalry with you, as I feel it is my duty what with our musical tastes being at odds.
    Well I have no idea what your taste in music is, my dear friend. :>
  • You don't like heavy metal, right? I think that was about it, really.
    I don't, really. But I've always found the Hip-Hop/Metal rivalry tedious and stupid.

:P
  • My main "problem" was that the place felt sort of like jammies + Fetishes + Trash Heap.

Not really a "problem", but not quite my cup of tea.
  • But I thought you liked Fetishes and the Trash Heap! And who doesn't wear jammies these days?

(I'm just joking, if you can't tell)
    I think the problem is that this site defaults to showing everything on one page. If the topics here worked more like subfora, things would be much better.
    This is probably true, but that's something hardwired into the site. Not sure if we can do anything about that.
  • edited 2011-02-15 18:29:41
    ^^^^^ But the rivalry........ I mean, I've always found it stupid and tedious too.
    Good, then.

That means you have braincells.
  • edited 2011-02-15 18:32:52
    The easiest and nicest way to put this is using Minecraft as an example. This is like playing in the Nether on Peaceful difficulty, a place that is supposed to be serious and negative.

The only way you can die in the Nether on peaceful is if you fall to your death or die in the lava, or something really stupid that you caused. There are no Ghasts flying around to punish you if you decide to be a lamb in the grass and screw around, and if you decide to piss off the Pigmen without proper equipment you die.

This place has no major consequences, no sense of threat or seriousness. It's like we tab on here, reply, and then leave. There are no assholes stealth bombing threads, or people sniping each other over petty shit. There is no trolls invading this place and causing a riot. The negativity/JBMs exposed on here are unrelatable and boring. It's like the Trash Heap and the Jammies thread, and not like the "Why furries Why" and "The Bad Kind of Abortion" threads.

With the lack of intolerable, sharp tongued assholes, and the overemotional super defensive "special people"/prommies, or even the self-absorbed supermassive attention whores, this place is too easy to frequent and too non-vital.

This place is neither a hugbox nor a hatesite. It's just a, loldump.
    I don't see why we can't have discussions without all the idiots.

Am I really the only one who thinks this way?
  • It's because there are no pinpoints or pointless eHeirarchies, or separatist groups on here. There are no divided opinions. Everyone is "okay, I understand that" rather than "That's wrong". As much as I hate those kind of people, without them, it's just a Me Too fest or a "No-reply response" thread.
    We've had a few threads that led to actual discussion. My thread about iTunes got some helpful replies. Of course, even a thread like that doesn't last very long.
    I have to disagree. I've had more meaningful conversations here than I ever had on the original IJBM, specifically because those kind of people AREN'T here.
  • You probably aren't enjoying this place because you never post then.
    Um, no, I'm sorry, you don't get to tell me how much I enjoy this place.

I post fairly often. I was out for a week or so due to a larger avoidance of forums not relating to my projects. If you think I take long leaves here, you should check my posting records on UM. Months-long gaps.
  • Holy shit, on the edge are we?

I didn't even tell you how to enjoy this place. :/
    I'm not on edge. :|

And yes you did, or at least you seemed to be.

You probably aren't enjoying this place because you never post then.

This sounds like telling me I don't enjoy the place.
  • Well please don't think that. It wasn't a command.
    'k.

Just a misunderstanding then, no big deal.
  • Either way this forum doesn't encourage me to reply.

I remembered when I enjoyed shit threads, but it can't just be any shit thread anymore. If there is one, I'm fine. If there are too many, posting feels more like an HTML dump than anything. Plus, I doubt very many people dedicately like/read/remember anything in the Trash Heap.

So that.

Meh. I don't read the Trash Heap or similar threads either. But, I still think the regular threads are worth reading.
    Trash heap stuff occasionally gets MOFW'd. I think people remember that.
  • Yack Fest's megathreads (Troper Updates II) are usually just giant threads with people mindlessly jabbbering about things that you don't really care about, and the "list threads" are fun, but only need to have one post.