If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I've been banned.

13»

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I am not arguing that he deserves or not a ban, I am arguing that the application of google-bans is too trigger-happy.
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    Dude, let it go. Try to actually live a life instead of faffing about with a bunch of nerds you will never meet in person.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    Let me look at the trope pages and then we'll talk.
  • edited 2011-06-20 20:45:52
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "I've tried to change my attitude since being forum-banned before, but they still find an excuse to ban me because I called someone a console fanboy."

That sounds less like them having a vendetta against you and more you not changing as much as you would have hoped.

"It's just as much their fault as it is mine."

It's really not. If you get banned for being confrontational, it's your fault for not taking advantage of the shitton of time you have to say something on the Internet and posting when you're in a decent state of mind.

^^^ Quite so. In fact, I don't think preventing GuyInWhite from viewing the site, period, is okay. But a permaban does not seem out of the question to me.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I am not arguing that he deserves or not a ban, I am arguing that the application of google-bans is too trigger-happy.

Possibly.

I can only think of two or three cases where it was not justified, however.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    "I demand the right to be unbanned from a site, and demand the right for the moderation team to just "Deal with it" when I decide to break the rules. I have every single right in the world to do what I want on TV Tropes, and nobody, not even the person who made the site can stop me or say anything against it. It doesn't matter what he does. If he bans me, I'll ban evade or sue him for denying my GOD GIVEN RIGHT of viewing TV Tropes, because there is no way in hell I will let any owner of an entertainment wiki and forum from refusing to allow me to use their service as punishment for my misbehavior that I refuse to acknowledge as inappropriate."

See this? This is you. this is what you sound like. See how annoying and immature it sounds? you should stop doing that and remember that this whining won't prove that you deserve to be unbanned.
  • Now I can't help but post this.

• I am sorry, but how many times has someone to be told "Be polite" before it deserves a ban? Seriously, it's not like Man In White was never warned, according to Madrugada he was forum banned for the very same reason, then got PMed at least three times. I can see the mods reason for just hitting ban button after a while of this.

It's not like it's a hard rule to follow.
  • edited 2011-06-21 00:43:55
    As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    "Hopefully I'll find something I can use against TVTropes in court."

Ahaha, good luck. Maybe we can make it a class action suit!

"If I'm not unbanned, I have almost nothing to do for the rest of the summer."

Yes, God Forbid Fast Eddie should force you to seek out new things to do with your life.
  • edited 2011-06-21 01:04:53
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Hmm, it seems he's been permanently banned from here as well. Alas poor GIW.
  • You can change. You can.
    > Look at it this way, cygan, I was IP banned for a first offense, no warning beforehand, I was google-banned after that, no warning that time as well.

As I recall, you had been warned before. At least, that's what the mods told us. It was just the once, though, so we still agreed that it was an overreaction.
  • edited 2011-06-21 02:08:58
    Actually, according to Madrugada, he's been forum banned once after an unknown number of warnings. Then he got at least three more separate warnings since he got unbanned. So that's a total of at least 4 warnings. How many time does he need to be told "Stop insulting people" to get the message?

It's not like it a hard rule to understand like "Don't use a word with three Es in them on a date that is a multiple of 4 on a day with a U in it's name". Guy's been given plenty of chances, ban's fully deserved.
  • -ThreadHop-

TVTropes isn't a business, it's a toy. It's FastEddie's toy, and it's his choice who plays with it and how.

And even if it was a business, have you never seen those signs that say "We reserve the right to refuse service to ANYONE"?
  • Since the user in question has now been banned from this forum as well, is there any reason not to lock this thread and let the issue die?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Nah, there's not. Locking.
  • edited 2011-06-21 03:12:30
    He was banned from here too? When did THAT happen!? (I just got back)
    Check his page.

Sorry, computer crashed as I tried to lock this.

He was banned for importing drama, having been warned about this before, and for planning how to return to a ora he was banned from from this forum.

Locking now.
This discussion has been closed.