If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Women Deserve To Get Raped Because Of The Way They Dress

edited 2011-05-25 05:25:02 in General
God, DAMN I hate this argument. It makes NO sense. 

Many women WILL dress like that for attention and to seem appealing to the opposite sex, but that doesn't mean you can just rape them!

I mean, take M&S. They're a supermarket in the UK famous for their food adverts displaying delicious looking food in a tantalizing way, but that doesn't mean you're allowed to just take what ever you want from the shop.

Think of sex like buying food from M&S. You get the food (sex) from the shop (woman (Okay, bad analogy)) by meeting their specific parameters, money for the shop or fitting the woman's sexual desires.

Comments

• People still make this argument, specifically? I mean, I know the implications are embedded in society's head (they'll start off a rape scenario with this situation, not realizing it's inaccurate) but do people specifically make this argument outside of...well...crazy-ish people?
  • This idea is just plain insane. Women don't deserve rape because of the way they dress, women deserve rape because they're women.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    ^ Man, I wanted to make that joke, you meanie!
  • "I mean, take M&S. They're a supermarket in the UK famous for their
    food adverts displaying delicious looking food in a tantalizing way, but
    that doesn't mean you're allowed to just take what ever you want from
    the shop."

To be fair, that mango was totally asking for it.
  • edited 2011-05-25 09:18:00
    [tɕagɛn]
    I'm pretty sure a better way to not get raped is to be prepared and knowledgable. And perhaps know self-defense--I'm pretty sure most rapists don't expect their targets to fight back, I remember hearing that they go for modestly dressed women for thrill of corrupting innocence or something.

Inb4 I get called a misogynist for some vauge reason.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    ... Fuck misogynistic, that's just...

Everest, please drag me out of this topic before I go nuts on Chagen.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    -drags Cygan away before horrific murder occurs-
  • And just like that.

I'm not even sure how what I said was misogynistic in any way. But hey, what do I know?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Thanks, Forzare.
    Never said it was misogynistic.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    No problem.
  • "Fuck misogynistic, that's just..."

Explain this.

I got a "that's not misogynistic, that's worse" reading out of that.
    Fuck misogynistic, that's just... fuckin' insensitive and dead wrong.
    ^This
  • How is being prepared for a possible bad situation insensitive? People should be prepared for any situation that comes across them. You should always have a plan.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    That's the 'Dead wrong' part. The 'Fuckin' insensitive' part is that you're talking to a rape victim.
  • You can change. You can.
    You can't be prepared for such things, Chagen. this is not TV where everyone has a maze and guts to use it, you know?
    I see the blue hair in your avatar, Juan.
  • How the fuck was I supposed to know that? Jesus, I'm sorry, I would have excercised more.

Now please explain to me how I'm "wrong" before I get driven deeper into misogyny. Because I'm getting close.
    For starters, look at Juan's post above.
  • edited 2011-05-25 09:33:25
    You can change. You can.
    Cygan: It was badly cropped, I know. ;_;

Chagen: -sigh- if you're hating women just because you're wrong...well, then you have problems, man.
  • edited 2011-05-25 09:33:34
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    before I get driven deeper into misogyny. Because I'm getting close.

-_-

If that's making you hate women, I think there might be a deeper problem you need to address.
  • edited 2011-05-25 09:36:33
    [tɕagɛn]
    Look, people. I'm paranoid. It's part of my modus operandi to paranoidly prepare for any situation, no matter how unlikely. I literally spend hours thinking up contingency plans for 5-minute walks.

I simply take "prepare against every single thing that could possible happen, no matter how unlikely" view on life.
    Yeah, congratulations. You're completely and utterly paranoid.

Unfortunately, most of the 6 billion people out there prefer not to spend fifteen minutes preparing to go outside on the off-chance they'll be raped.
    And that makes you hate women?
  • Forzare: The misogyny part was kinda exxageration.

But I meant more on how feminists can bs horrendously aggravating and paranoid (not talking about Cygan here, she's cool).
    Dude, people in any group can be horrendously aggravating.

paranoid

Pot, meet kettle.
  • You can change. You can.
    Chagen...dude, when your argument is "I do X", then it's invalid. You can't impose your standards and attitudes in other people, much less expect them to live up to them.
    Anyone can be horrendously aggravating and paranoid, Chagen.

They're called extremists. You should avoid placing them within the greater movement.