If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Just as a heads-up: Cygan and I are mods now.

Comments

• The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    I'm really happy for the both of you, and I'mma let you finish, but... seriously, congratulations.
  • edited 2011-05-23 20:38:01
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Thanks, Komodin.

I just had a thought: considering how rarely Cygan seems to be on, I should probably make sure she at least know that she's been promoted.
  • edited 2011-05-23 20:39:20
    You can change. You can.
    Um...can someone explain this decision? Not meaning to offend anyone, but Cygan wasn't exactly a regular...and to be honest, I'm not so sure on Everest mod skills.

^I already linked her up to this thread. Haven't got a reply.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

• "I forgot Cygan even came here. >_>"

I haven't posted so much recently- I've mainly been keeping quiet.
      But yeah. Thanks, everyone!

(PS, I threatened INUH, he's the one to go after ;) )
  • Something occurred to me. Why couldn't Cygan have threatened someone and THEN slept with them?
  • You can change. You can.
    Why couldn't Cygan have threatened someone and THEN slept with them?

Because asexuality.
  • edited 2011-05-23 20:45:51
    ^^^^ I was a little confused as to why I was made a mod as well. I think there are probably better choices, and if I were choosing, I'd be one of my last choices (don't take that the wrong way, Longfellow. I'm quite grateful for this and will make good on it).

But just because I tend to not be the nicest person doesn't mean I can't do a job, and do it well, if I'm expected to. That includes setting aside my inclination towards harshness or apathy. It's kinda like when I'm DMing: I can laugh at player dickery while at the same time shutting it down because it would ruin the fun for others. In other words: even if I don't have the mentality of a mod, I can still do the job because, in the end, I'm well aware that my own amusement shouldn't come before the general welfare of the site.

Plus, I'm on the site often enough that, if the time is right, I'll be right there to shut something down before it escalates any further.

^^^ Congratulations, Cygan!
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Whereas I derive amusement from shutting down the crap~
  • edited 2011-05-23 20:51:28
    You can change. You can.
    Everest: I'm not really doubting that you can pull off the job (I think everyone here can pull it off, with the rare exception here and there...like Komodin and Noimporta, who are too apathetic to pull it off) but it just seems to out of the blue...

I want Glenn or Longfellow to explain the decision, that's all. (Again, I don't want to offend anyone, it just seems that more moderation will barely fix the problems the site has...)
  • edited 2011-05-23 20:52:35
    I know exactly what you mean. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I was kinda wondering what stood out enough for me to do it, except for how active I am.
    (I think everyone here can pull it off, with the rare exception here and there...like Komodin and Noimporta, who are too apathetic to pull it off)

Not necessarily, in my case anyway. Just because I... occasionally act like I don't give a hoot about anything, doesn't mean that I can't get the job done if given the opportunity to.
    In my case, it may be because I usually try to actively help the moderation of sites I visit out.

Works out more on some sites than others.
  • I don't think any of the people who post here regularly are fit to be mods except maybe LouieW, who I think could be trusted be fair and non-power abusive, even though I doubt he'd want to be.
  • edited 2011-05-23 21:05:57
    smote
    I don't envy you the task, but congratulations all the same.
    Not necessarily, in my case anyway. Just because I... occasionally act like I don't give a hoot about anything, doesn't mean that I can't get the job done if given the opportunity to.

Well, more like...would you accept the job if you got it?
    School may make my hours erratic, but I'll be doing my best.
    Well, more like...would you accept the job if you got it?

Yes. Yes, I would. 
  • edited 2011-05-23 21:07:49
    I'll be doing my best regardless of school hours, as much as I can. Some classes don't allow laptops, but I can be on when they do.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I would be the best mod.
    Forzare as a mod would scare me.
  • I'd make a good mod. I swear I'd be able to calm down. :<
    You also have to be able to objectively determine when to exercise your mod powers.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ Exactly.  You'd be too busy quaking in terror to misbehave.
  • Well, I wouldn't go banning people or editing posts or closing threads on the fly, if that's what you mean. I'm not as irresponsible as I seem, honest!
    No. More that you'd have to determine when posts need thumping/not.
    I think that people are mistaking the fact that just because you have a sense of humor doesn't mean you can't be serious...

I don't think I'd made a good mod. If the job was bestowed upon me, then sure thing, I'll do it. But...well, I have too many personal beefs with many people around here, not to say that I don't think that me and the administration would get along.

And, most importantly, I'm too much of a loose cannon.
    You also have to be able to objectively determine when to exercise your mod powers.

Sounds easy enough.
    Yeah, I'd be a terrible mod.

I would rule through fear.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-23 21:52:15
    @Cygan: Oh. Sounds easy enough.

Me wanting to be a mod is a pipe dream, isn't it?
  • edited 2011-05-23 21:54:44
    It doesn't seem too hard. Just look at the rules, keep them in mind when reading threads, look for flagged stuff/PMs, keep up-to-date on mod discussions, think of ways to improve the site, issue a warning in an inflammatory/heated thread if it's not too late, thump outstandingly offensive posts, and lock/delete when it is too late.

Of course, when I put it that way, it seems like a hassle.
This discussion has been closed.