If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I can't announce I did this video game achievement over there.

edited 2011-05-18 16:56:05 in Wonderful posts
It just bugs me that I can't announce that I did this achievement over the relevant TV Tropes thread, because someone in said thread will feel down about it. So I'll announce it here instead.

Hell yeah! 1CC'd Mountain of Faith on hard!

I knows bros, cool story.

Comments

• Aren't there Touhou players here too?
  • Why would someone feel bad that someone else is good at a particular video game?
  • edited 2011-05-18 17:06:08
    But you never had any to begin with.
    ^^^^ Nice work. I'm guessing you had "fun" with Stage 4? :P
  • edited 2011-05-18 17:22:24
    Because you never know what you might see.
    ^^^ Because they were Stark Maximum?
  • ^^ Including Aya, only died twice, one being a stupid death. I think that's what made the difference from earlier runs.

^^^, ^ Pretty much.
  • And I guess my follow up question is... why does it matter if you make someone feel bad if they're the sort of person who feels bad about stupid things like that?
  • a little muffled
    Because you want to enjoy the thread and not turn it into pain?
  • I guess.  Although I'm not sure how I'd enjoy a thread about a video game if it's apparently not okay to talk about playing that video game.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    The thing is, Stark takes things... /really/ seriously.
  • a little muffled
    Really, really, really seriously.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    More than Ray?
    About a quarter of his posts in the Touhou Games thread are caps filled tirades.
  • Why not "Post your recent video game accomplishments?"

Though from what you've been saying, suddenly, I feel more grateful that the BIT.TRIP fandom is relatively small.

• edited 2011-05-18 18:52:56
    ^^^ Yes, he has an inferiority complex regarding Touhou and perceives the most minor things (such as the fact that the easiest difficulty is called "easy", or that continuing doesn't get you the good ending for most games) as slights against his skill and/or intelligence, and assumes that if he can do something, it must be pathetically easy.

^ I don't know if he reads that.
  • I demand links.
  • edited 2011-05-18 18:56:18
    a little muffled
    He also thinks that anyone who thinks Phyrexia (the evil world from Magic: The Gathering) is cool is an asshole, apparently. Also that Wizards of the Coast were deliberately rewarding their asshole players by making New Phyrexia.

Oh, and anyone who uses stealing effects in EDH is also an asshole (though I suspect most of you don't know what that even means).
  • This conversation. It doesn't help that it was that conversation what got me into trying the successful attempt.
    > thread title: "Touhou games"

*not reading*
    ^^^^ Well, there /is/ Wurmcoil Engine...
    What's EDH again?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I beat him in Hisoutensokyo with Utsuho once when he thought Dynamod was ragequitting (when it was just his shitty mountain internet) and after winning he said "FUCK!"
  • edited 2011-05-18 19:37:46
    Cue-bey
    @nyktos:

what the fuck

am i reading

"SO ARE THE PEOPLE PLAYING THE GAME BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ROBOTS WITHOUT EMOTIONS CALCULATING THE PERFECT PLA"

ignoring the fact that people are looking for the perfect play all the time

That's like the whining people had about getting Brain Control played on their big monsters, thinking brain control "steals the win from skilled players who in all honesty deserve to win.", which was one of the most bullshit reasons to try justifying it's ban from YGO tournaments.
  • The Change of Heart whining was even worse.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    I'm a little disappointed that Stark is still doing this.  I've asked him to knock it off enough times.

It's just intrusive enough to be annoying, while just innocent enough to skirt the rules.  I'd feel bad if he got into trouble, but I wish he'd stop.
    Well back in the day Change of Heart was okay because back then the worst they could do was steal a Normal monster and beat you down with it or Tribute it (which people have thrown fits over because they get nothing back from it). Nowadays you can steal a tuner or a JD and blow all of their shit up, use it to make a new monster and then beat them down with it while they get nothing back. Also change of heart had no cost and could steal face-downs so it was kind of okay to be mad since there was nothing you could do to avoid having a monster be stolen, and setting it didn't make any difference.