If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The utter lack of good trolls

edited 2011-05-11 12:00:01 in Webspace
~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
Take our most recent one, for example. Instead of taking potshots at our personal character and making fun of us properly, he just wrote some random overused rage text.

I mean, really. :/

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    FIRST
  • Exactly If your going to troll me at least make it entertaining.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Our "most recent" one?

I think he was our only one so far.
  • Didn't you all assume I was a troll?
  • edited 2011-05-11 12:11:21
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    No? Not I, at least.
  • You can change. You can.
    Don't assume about our assumptions, Tnu.

Eh, trolling is an art. Takes skill and wit. You're assuming that you can find those things in an internet poster
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Hm, I suppose if there is a good troll out there, we wouldn't know it because we would be unable to tell.

Can't we have a troll that is only kinda obvious and good at starting fights?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    It's not so much that it takes skill and wit. It's more an issue of time and effort.
    ^ I was gonna say that, but then I couldn't insult every poster ever, now could I?
    ^ Yes you could.
  • edited 2011-05-11 12:15:33
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ True, true.
  • You could try, at least. It's what MFE would've done.

Oh, how I miss that man... :,C
  • But he did take potshots at our personal character. He just did it in ED speak, which is like smurfspeak, but with swearing instead of the word "smurf".
    Don't compare /b/itchtalk to ED speak.
    ^ Yes you could.

Well I don't know about you, but to me its a compliment that people tell me that I don't care enough about internet little people who post to make an intelligent thoughful rant.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    "But he did take potshots at our personal character. He just did it in ED
    speak, which is like smurfspeak, but with swearing instead of the word
    "smurf"."

He did? News to me. Let's see after further analyzing:

"You have to be the most annoying human being in existence. You're an
    obnoxious, crazy, disturbed little fag and you'd be better off with a
    bullet through the face. Please, for the love of God, just kill
    yourself."

Hm, I wonderpost a lot, which can be construed as annoying; I'm definitely obnoxious, yes indeed; I'm very crazy, although I prefer the term "reality challenged"; Hm... I don't think I'm very disturbed, that one was off; I have been called a pony fag for obvious reasons, though I'm not into them THAT way. Lastly, I would love to see heaven, be with God almighty, and speak face to face with Jesus Christ, but that will have to wait - I have important things to do on earth.

Oh hey, he did take accurate pot shots. Sort of.

• edited 2011-05-11 13:44:01
    At Yahoo!Answers, we're all trolls. The quality varies, but I've seen some good ones.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Unfortunately, truly successful trolling takes a lot of time and effort, first to present oneself as a legitimate user, then to gain other people's trust by advancing past the newbie stage, and then finally betraying that trust, and all the time before this final step not blowing one's cover.

However, this requires at least several days worth of work, if not weeks or even months.  Such a sustained effort is not typically compatible with the desired result of trolling, which is to achieve some sort of quick emotional high by angering people of one's choosing.  On the other hand, such behavior is more characteristic of professional espionage operations.
  • Wasn't there a troll on TVTropes roughly a year ago, who pretended to be a dudette, became a prominent poster and then supposedly died in a car accident? That provoked some powerful reactions.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    If there was, I'd have to commend him for a job well done. 
  • That was Leannan, and it was kind of an unintentional troll based on a lie that spiraled out of control.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^ It was lockonlockon's sockpuppet. One that he passed off as a real girl. He killed her off when people started getting suspicious, or something like that.
  • Yep, and now they are an active member in the forum.
  • Then the guy who made her left FOREVER

but hes back now
  • edited 2011-05-11 17:43:03
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ He was still active while Leanan was in use, too. And yeah, people seem to have forgiven him. Plenty of people were quite upset, though. In fact, I think that's the only time I've heard of where SandJosieph flipped out.
    Leanan was the best meta troll that ever existed. And I thank lockonlockon for his work.
  • Spain Sun pulled off a meta troll, too.
  • edited 2011-05-11 20:01:52
    A really good troll would completely integrate himself in the community, act like a character, and always cause drama to happen. He would also claim not to be a troll, and get upset at the suggestion, thus causing people to sympathise with him again and continue getting away with it.
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Being a troll is easy. All you have to do is be absolutely right about things nobody wants to admit.