If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Na'Vi

edited 2011-05-04 12:20:37 in Media

"How dare you not immediately understand every single aspect of our ecosystem, life, and culture from the moment you landed here! You are an idiot Jakesooli!"

This thread will make no sense to anyone who hasn't seen Avatar.

Comments

• There are people who haven't seen Avatar?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-11/entertainment/avatar.movie.blues_1_pandora-depressed-posts?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ

In other words people want to kill themselves because our planet will never have tentacle pterodactyls or snaiad wannabe monsters?
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Eh, IIRC some of the Na'vi were portrayed as dicks for acting like that, anyway.

Unless that was just how I interpreted them.
  • Well yeah, that one jackass Na'Vi who was supposed to marry Zoe Saldana's character was portrayed as a dick for it, but really, the only Na'Vi I can't remember doing it was that one Shaman lady.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Avatar is the most amazingly average movie I have ever seen in my life.

Though Myrm, people act that way in real life all the time. So James Cameron was just trying to make his movie as realistic as possible. 
  • You play your role in the White Man's fantasy or you get destroyed. That is how the world works, Avatar taught me so.
  • I haven't seen Avatar and I think I know what's going on.
  • I haven't seen avatar. Apparently its shit.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    It's totally and completely average. 
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I liked Avatar... :(
  • The movie was alright, but the 3D was shit.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I didn't see it in 3D.
  • It was fairly meh.  If it were me, I'd cut down on the symbolism and add more fight scenes.  And possibly space battles with giant space whale monsters.
  • Giant space whale monsters? Now you're just asking for yo momma jokes to come out of the woodwork.
    I also support space whale monsters. Hell, more monsters in general. The lemur things were far more interesting than the Na'vi themselves.
  • edited 2011-05-04 18:26:45
    I cheered for the humans the whole time.

The Na'vi were DICKS.

"Hey thanks for building a school LETS BURN IT DOWN"

The entire movie's message was basically "Never attempt diplomacy, they'll just throw it back in your face."

Also they were ugly as shit, no idea how people found them attractive.

My college had a guy who would photoshop models into na'vi...creepy as fuck.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    It was OK, not great.  I thought the humans were considerably bigger douchebags than the Na'vi, but I know a lot of people disagreed or were annoyed with that.
    Generally if they were NOT trying to mine their land but just passing by to look for intelligent life would they be bigger dicks, seeing how they didn't bring a fleet of airships with heavy artillery and mechs?
  • The visuals were pretty cool.

Watch it muted in HD.
    I did that in a Sears once. I sat there for around 3 hours watching that movie and the clerk asked me if I wanted to buy the TV and I said yes.
  • I love you.
  • ^^^^^^ I thought the message was "Don't interfere with other people's cultures...AMERICA".
  • I love cock...AMERICA
  • I dislike the political policies and general ideals of...AMERICA.
    AMERICA FUCK YEAH
  • COMING IN TO SAVE THE MOTHER FUCKING DAY YEAH!
  • edited 2011-05-05 01:59:21
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    COMBO BREAKER...FUCK YEAH

COMING IN TO BREAK THE MOTHER FUCKING COMBO YEAH!

COMBO BREAKER...FUCK YEAH!

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY C-C-C-COME FOR YOU NOW?
    I'm not sure that two posts counts as a combo.

but I lol'd anyway
  • Surprised nobody's made a joke about the fairy yet.