If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

School projects.

2»

Comments

• edited 2011-05-04 13:46:12
    Vorpy ist ein Verdienst der menschlichen Rasse.
  • Supe quien empezó este tema antes de cliquear en él.
  • OP in a nutshell - "I hate school, its like, so useless and I totally know better, its totally not my fault I consistently score low, its the SYSTEMS, MAN! THE SYSTEM! WHAT? NO. NO I HAVE NOT EVER REPEATEDLY DEMONSTRATED STUPIDITY ON THE INTERNET! AND EVEN IF I HAD, THAT WOULD HAVE NO BEARING ON MY INTELLIGENCE IRL OK? WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT DOES AND I'M STUPID? FUCK YOU!"
  • edited 2011-05-04 17:12:57
    Not that I don't completely agree with GB's whole "LET ME MAKE ALL THIS CAPITALIZED WHILE I EXGGERATE HOW STUPID I THINK THE PERSON I'M MOCKING IS TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE THEY ARE THE STUPIDEST FUCKING PERSON" thing that he does a lot, but I think it's kind of stupid. But that doesn't apply here because it's Chagen and it actually makes sense so...carry on.
  • I think you're missing an e on your first word there saturn, because what you just said makes not even a little bit of sense.
  • GB, if I actually gave a shit, I'd have A's in all my classes. I'm not a dumbass by any means, I'm one of the smartest people in my entire school. It's just that all this shit is so boring and fucking annoying that I really don't see the point.
  • How about getting a fucking degree so you can do all that millionaire shit you have planned? For some "genius", it's really interesting that you can't see the value in a high school diploma.
  • Which means that there's no point to this thread, then?
  • I do see the value in it.

But I was always bad at actually doing the work in the first place, I pratically define Sloth.

• ...Then complain about that instead.

Actually, don't.
  • Chagen - That supposed intelligence of yours certainly shines through in the masses of ignorance you make plain with nigh-on every thread you make, every shitstorm you create that devolves into people pointing out how wrong you are about the issue in question, and every post you research inadequately and think through poorly before hitting enter.

Are we to assume you don't give a shit about making your intelligence in any way clear to those people on the internet upon whom you are relying for approval and reassurance of same?
  • Okay, so you're just a lazy bum.

I find it to be incredibly ignorant when people like you for example, devote their time to all these big creative projects like their book series', or their video games, or their cartoons and webcomics and animus, and claim that they have so right of way in the situation, and that makes it okay for them to just not do work in school. That isn't to say that there aren't people who really don't need academics and can get along fine on their creativeness alone, but for a person like you, Chagen, I think forgoing school and learning is the exact opposite of what you need.

Like you said yourself. You talk a big game, but you have nothing to show for it. But we all knew that, didn't we?
  • Saturn: I never said I wanted to forgo school completely. I'm just viewing school as a neccessary burden right now--an annoying one, but one I need to do if I want any type of success.
  • Do you have plans for a major in college or no? Sorry, just trying to see the whole picture.
  • Chagen - School is a tool through which you learn skills and gain the ability to think rationally. Since you've shown yourself incapable of that latter aspect of thought, and narrow minded to boot, never considering the bigger picture before you open your mouth and spout an assertion about whatever topic it is you claim to know everything about, I would suggest that perhaps school is something you should be focusing on. REALLY. REALLY. FOCUSING. ON.
  • I want to go to the Manhattan School of Music, but my dad probably won't let me, since he finds composing to be "unmanly" and he's still stuck in 1950's gender roles.
  • Probably? You mean you haven't even asked him?

Also, here's a prime example of you being uninformed then opening your big mouth - in the 50s, music was, like most professions, extremely male dominated. 1950's gender roles would determine that almost ANY profession other than homemaker would be acceptable for someone adhering to those values. The schism between the generations in terms of gender equality came in the 60s with the hippie movement.

Also, female composers of classical music, while extant works exist, some of them very good and complex on a level rivalling their male contemporaries, are almost entirely overlooked by the current canon of classical music.
  • edited 2011-05-04 17:33:11
    And you might have known this interesting fact GB said if you tried enough in school. And I didn't ask what college. I asked what major.
  • edited 2011-05-04 17:35:12
    [tɕagɛn]

GB: I expressed a desire to go to the Manhattan School Of Music, and my dad acted disgusted. I said "probably" because I don't know if he would actually take the steps to stop me. If he didn't, he'd still dissapprove of it anyway.

And he is stuck in 1950's gender roles. He thinks all men should be straight manly workers who never show emotion and all women should be baby-makers who exist solely to take care of the kids and stay in the kitchen. He thinks that women who don't want kids are freaks and sick in the head, no joke. 

Saturn: I don't know. I really am actually scared of becoming an adult, there's so many things I have to do, I really just don't know what I want to do at all.

• Who cares if he disapproves? He apparently disapproves of a lot of things. How is this a problem?
  • Those aren't 1950's gender values. Those are 1950's working mens values. There is an important difference between the two, because one is the views of society as a whole regarding male and female workplace suitability, and the other is the views of a small portion of that society, at that time, and a poorly informed and traditionally UNDER-EDUCATED portion at that.
  • School projects have their pluses and minuses.  If they're in a subject you like, they're fun because you can actually apply stuff you know.  If they're in a dull subject, they're boring because you actually have to think about the boring subjects rather than just recall factoids about the subject.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    "GB, if I actually gave a shit, I'd have A's in all my classes. I'm not a dumbass by any means, I'm one of the smartest people in my entire school. It's just that all this shit is so boring and fucking annoying that I really don't see the point."

I would just like to point out that there's a reason that people who pothole themselves to/post entries about themselves on Troper Tales about being Brilliant But Lazy are laughed at.
  • "I would just like to point out that there's a reason that people who pothole themselves to/post entries about themselves on Troper Tales about being Brilliant But Lazy are laughed at."

You're saying that like I find it to be a good character trait.