If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Silly geographical comments (or whatever you'd call this)

1111213141517»

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'm not usually a fan of swearing but I quite like that.

Also I just learned what a 'gaseosa' is.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ^^ While he studied the blade...

Also, that meme about real Poles has been making rounds on the Polish internet, or at least the parts of it which I frequent. Apparently we got to the point where we have our own equivalent of "plastic Paddies" among Polish-Americans, and people have been mocking them mercilessly. This picture is a riff on the idea that the descendants of emigrants are more "true" or "pure" members of an ethnicity than those who stayed back because social changes that occured in meantime made the latter "less pure". I'm pretty sure that many ethnicities with a big diaspora has had a bunch of these takes, and now it's our turn.
  • I looked it up and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a Polish version of the "they will assimilate you" meme.
    I also found this oddly specific Wikipedia article.
    In more on-topic stuff: Canadian art teacher recognizes the value in his students' work, does the next logical thing.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    It's borderline geographical, but TIL my mom's had fckin John Paul II on our family plot and I never even knew about it. Was all fun and games for a while, but then some sort of vole or whatnot decided to take a bite, and that was one rodent too much.

So, the media tell me Trump was booed on libertarian meet-up for being too much into vaccination by an audience carefully deprived by the Secret Service of every rubber chicken they had brought in.

This should technically go into the Politics thread, but this story carries just too much Florida Man energy for it.
    Chinese idol shows seem to inspire a lot of insanity.
    Chinese Idol Show Shut Down Over Spilled Milk

One of China’s most popular online talent shows has been suspended days before its season finale due to a voting promotion that may have resulted in crazed fans wasting vast quantities of milk.

The trigger was a video that went viral over the five-day Labor Day holiday in early May, showing a group of middle-aged people opening bottles of dairy product, pouring their contents into buckets, and dumping the buckets into a drainage ditch. All they were interested in, apparently, were the bottle caps with QR codes printed on the inside that could be scanned to vote for contestants on the wildly popular talent show “Youth With You 3.”

Another show, Produce Camp 2021, sounds like it was supposed to be a ripoff of Produce 101 but then it got way too modern Chinese culture for it's own good.
    Russian Man Overjoyed to Finally Lose Chinese Talent Show
    When aspiring fashion designer Vladislav Sidorov, aka Lelush, reluctantly agreed to be on a Chinese reality show, he expected to be voted off immediately. Instead, he survived until the final vote.

Participants on “Produce Camp 2021” must live on the set for as long as they remain on the show, staying in dormitories and practicing their song and dance routines all day, with no access to smartphones or computers.

Sidorov also became an unwitting ambassador of sang culture, a philosophy embraced by Chinese people who, having grown fed up with the rat race, reject ambition and hard work out of principle.
  • edited 2024-07-09 02:56:30

As Barry Bonds wisely said: "Anime was a mistake"
    The scariest part is people sing along.
    YIL*
    Pickaway County is also known for its various places with the name "Hitler", including Hitler Road, Hitler-Ludwig Road, Hitler-Ludwig Cemetery, and Hitler Park.[30] They are not named after Adolf Hitler, but instead after a local historical family named the Hitlers, who have been described by a local paper in 2011 as "fine, upstanding citizens". The family included George Washington Hitler and his son, Gay Hitler, who worked as a local dentist between 1922 and 1946.[30][31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickaway_County,_Ohio

*Yesterday I Learned
    Hey @glennmagusharvey, I just heard you guys out there in Florida are having a python-hunting competition.
  • edited 2024-08-12 15:34:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Happens regularly.

There's still too many Burmese pythons on the loose in the Everglades.

Frankly, some people remark that they barely make a dent in the actual population anyway and it's more useful as public awareness education than as actual population control.
    Oh, don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure you got plenty enough to matter.
    This would make a good SyFy movie if you stretched the truth enough.
  • edited 2024-08-18 06:28:11
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    People in 2014: Surveillance cameras will destroy our privacy!

People in 2024:vqcak2x67m07.jpg

• edited 2024-08-25 20:46:50
    Now you too can support Polish paramilitary legionnaires by purchasing an anime body pillow, and you get free tactical training to boot.

@lrdgck: Polish Right-wing extremist and anime waifus, that's like, your two favourite things.

(Figuring out whether the account is parody or not would require clicking "Translate Post" more times than I'm willing to, so I choose to believe it's real.)
    (Figuring out whether the account is parody or not would require clicking "Translate Post" more times than I'm willing to, so I choose to believe it's real.)

Damned if I know, but weirder things have happened. Remember, vatniks have already had their waifu, the moe-anthropomorphised dumptruck Buhanka-chan. Looks like either it's real, or some memester uses photos of real right-wing extremists to tell the story of a fake right-wing extremist paramilitary group. For what it's worth, I've seen it brought up somewhere a few days ago without it being explicitly called as fake.