If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A cruel reminder....

2»

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.
  • edited 2011-04-22 13:34:48
  • I'm not suggesting anyone do that....
  • Plus, there's like a million reasons why that wouldn't work.

In particular, he probably doesn't need to log into his TV Tropes account to get access to the server...
  • I vote Chagen as rthe new admin!
  • So nothing short of moving the entire site to a new server would stop him?

(why am i thinking about this....)
  • edited 2011-04-22 13:39:54
    Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    I just wished the guy had a peer nowadays. Someone with equal authority. Someone who could say, every now and then: "Hey. Is that really such a good idea?"

I have no idea how Janitor acted. But I mean, when he/she was around, at least there was more than one person on top.

EDIT: "So nothing short of moving the entire site to a new server would stop him?"

And hello, tvtropesmirrorwiki. ;-)
  • Because you would be an awesome ruler of TV Tropes. And i'm not just saying that because I have to.
  • edited 2011-04-22 13:44:40
    Janitor was more reasonable and seemed to listen to the community more. Or at least it was easier for her to make concessions.
  • This is why we need a nother pear for Fast Eddie I think he is a bit unstable and unreasonable he is unbalanced no offense I love his work but he can't do this alone.
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    ^ I love his work on programming and site maintenance. He's a smart man. I just think he has a very narrow perception of wit.
  • Agreed he's taken many things a bit too far. he's making things incredibly serious when that just kind of ruyins it
  • No rainbow star
    Can the mods suggest that to him? Not in a, "You're nuts and need someone to reign you in!" sort of way, but as a, "Look, you are overworked. Maybe having another admin to help take some of the stress off would be good?" way. More or less word it so he feels as if everyone still wants him in charge, and think another admin would help him out and keep him from stretching himself too thin
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    ^ hahahahahahahahaha

I am dubious.
  • Yeah, sometimes I get the feeling Fast Eddie needs someone to take up his burden.

Absolutely nothing, as I see it.

If you don't want to do the time, then don't do the crime.

Ehh, I meant what was wrong (in technical terms) with the ban that doesn't prevent you from reading.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    That works too, I guess.

The super ban of death is cooler.
  • Use a proxy.
  • Morgan Freeman is God
    If I were ever to be banned, I'd just reset my wireless router. I have hundreds of IP addresses on there.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 22:33:19

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost]

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^ I don't think that's how that works.

> I vote Chagen as ther [sic] new admin

No, we are not doing this joke.

> If you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime

This would work if you actually knew that the crime had such and such consequences.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Perhaps have a link on the front page to the rules and their consequences?