If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    books are a more healthier timesink for me though.

kinda?

I mean like playing games is far more rewarding but I never got really fucking angry because something didn't work out in a book or I'm stuck on that ONE FUCKING PAGE WHO THE FUCK WROTE THIS FUCK THIS BULLSHIT IM CHECKING GOOGLE
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    angry because something didn't work out in a book

You don't read enough YA.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    >write terrible Kaur-style line-break poem that also rags on the recent work dredged up of that Ready Player One writer
    >some WoC Instagram poet actually likes it
    I hate Poe's Law.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    RIP indeed
  • Something feels wrong when somebody dies right before reaching 100.

Anyhows, Rest in Peace.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Wait, what is MAOA?

Also, sad for that woman's loved ones.

Also, I am waiting for the next term of college to start. Hope I get better grades.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    question: where the hell did Masonicon come from?
  • ^^ Speaking of higher studies, I just class changed from university student to mechanical engineer.

(Well, I don't physically have my diploma yet, but the bestowment activities have been suspended twice already and as far as the university is concerned, that's what I am.)
    I've been languishing since 2009 for an electromechanical engineering degree. Haven't even finish all the coursework yet.
  • It too took me ages to graduate.

Let's weep together under our slowness.
  • edited 2017-07-30 05:25:02

AAAAAA FINALLY

it's even the Grand Order design rather than the Apocrypha one
  • edited 2017-07-30 06:25:31
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    It'd probably not make business sense to do the latter since GO is IIRC Aniplex's highest revenue product?

I've been re-reading the GAME series by Anders de la Motte since... yesterday. I don't really know what about this (for lack of a better description) cisgender white guy power fantasy trilogy gets to me but it does.

Just started BUZZ, and it's basically about the protagonist (HP) infiltrating a company that creates a billion fake accounts on the internet and tries to influence discussion everywhere in favor of their various clients.

HP is put in charge of a team of 'Trolls', and they go on to post stuff on lots of forums and in news site comments based on various themes. For example, 'Lower VAT leads to more jobs' (I have no idea who the client for this is, but it's funny/creepy).

Oh also he's trying to solve a murder related to the ridiculously dangerous ARG he was addicted to in the last book.

I've always thought that maybe Nerve copied it's concept from this series, but I can't be sure.

I also just found out that de la Motte has since written a new series, but the premise doesn't seem as interesting and the protagonist seems vaguely responsible so I'll pass.
  • edited 2017-07-30 07:49:12
    Maaaan, once again I stayed up late reading old IJBM threads. This time it was the one where we conspired to have Troper Tales deleted. Good times.

I wonder what my internet hub will be once IJBM becomes completely inactive.
  • edited 2017-07-30 11:49:16
    It'd probably not make business sense to do the latter since GO is IIRC Aniplex's highest revenue product?

The Figma line's track record doesn't always demonstrate a lot of sense.
    Good point.
    I wonder what my internet hub will be once IJBM becomes completely inactive.

I probably just wouldn't post stuff anywhere as much, is what I'd like to think.
    It too took me ages to graduate.

Let's weep together under our slowness.

A recruiter type person badgered me about this very thing this afternoon (7 1/2 years on a 2 year program). If the cloud of committee/charity/temp work doesn't work I still have an explanation for it (that doesn't even really count as personal stuff), but fuck does it make me self-conscious.
    Confederate is an upcoming show about the American south not outlawing slavery by the creators of the always sensitive creators of Game of Thrones, which sounds terrible.

I'm all for the terrible show happening, especially since it sounds ridiculously dull in concept for HBO (and weirdly enough, like Revolution from NBC which sucked), but apparently it shouldn't happen at all and so somebody mobilized a campaign to shut HBO and said writers of GoT up?

I'm never happy with comments that go along the lines of "that's just the PC police" or whatever, and I don't believe you can't just not hurt people's feelings if your show is racist/sexist/homophobic, but somehow a sci-fi show about modern slavery doesn't sound like it's inherently racist to me, just dumb and hilariously ill-thought out.
  • I was thinking about disconnecting from the internet for a while, at least for several hours per day to not get too distracted. Turns out home's router no longer connects to the 'net and I'm actually kind of needing it.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ^^
    Confederate is an upcoming show about the American south not outlawing slavery by the creators of the always sensitive creators of Game of Thrones, which sounds terrible.
    Sounds like lots of black tits. "Dragons and tits", you know.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    tits <3
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    tits <3

calm your tits
  • I got my diploma now. I kinda wanted to go to the graduation ceremony, but I opted to get it at the office just to be sure. How anticlimactic.

And I'm still miffed about how I was told this was going to solve literally all of my life's problems literally immediately.

Also someone stole the water meter at home.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    ...stole the water meter?
    At least I've got a girlfriend now. All my time at college wasn't wasted!
  • edited 2017-08-03 01:21:24
    ^^ It's a device used by waterwork companies to measure how much water a place uses. At least here they're under the sidewalk hidden behind a small metal cover (looks like a small sewage cover), which by the way they also stole. The thing is that its would-be inlet pipe is now sealed off so we don't have water now.

^ Oooh, you have a gaarufurendo now? That's cool.

I wouldn't say my time at university was wasted. I learned a lot and there's a non-negligible chance that it'll get put to good use. It's just that by the end of it (thesis etc.) it was frustrating and only so that, well, now what?
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I know what a water meter is, I've just never heard of one getting stolen before.
    Oooh, you have a gaarufurendo now? That's cool.

Weebism is should not be encouraged but I'm beyond glad I'm not the only person who does this.

Netflix announced a whole bunch of anime for next year but also they are so heavily in debt it's kind of amazing (I honestly just assumed they had a whole bunch of money from investors they were wasting spending).
    >not grillfiend
    Plebs.

My student association is probably gonna kick out two chodes who spam altright shit cos they think the whole place is now a leftist hivemind. It's my first time seeing those really obnoxious Kekistan chaps up close. They specifically made an FB group with the association's name on it for free speech purposes or something pretty close to fresher week and post nothing but your standard Hitler jokes and /pol/ memes on it.

One of them identifies as an anarchist but doesn't know any of the lingo, the other is one of those types who constantly plays fallacy bingo badly in lieu of addressing arguments. Yes, they're that insufferable. The most hilarious part is that way worse jokes are par for the course among the members, so it's entirely due to their own insufferability and lack of understanding of private and public spheres that they're getting roasted.